Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

A small problem was discovered - if you build a mine in a settlement with a unique model, then it changes. The update will be released a little later when I fix it.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Added one more function - toggle the highlighting of units on the battlefield by pressing the ctrl + Q key combination (on / off).
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Added setting for the maximum bodyguard size(with the help of Jojo00182)

Since there were complaints about the launch of the program, I nevertheless decided to rewrite part of the program from scratch (.exe file). The update will not be very soon, but it will be quite large-scale.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Take your time pal. Quality over quantity.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

There will be something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Perhaps I will also add the setting of other parameters later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Take your time pal. Quality over quantity.
    Well, of course, I will take large pieces of code from the existing version. And I do it just to improve the quality.
    I still want to try to implement support for windows xp, as well as at least make the program a little friendly with antiviruses - this is a great reason to do this. It is also likely to make the first acquaintance with the program easier for modders.

Awesome.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Well, so far:
    after checking the new version of the program on the virustotal website, only 4 antiviruses work, while on the old version - 12.

Well, the new launcher is almost ready, there is still a little more to finish and there will be a test.

Last edited by youneuoy; August 09, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Did you people give reputation to youneuoy today?
    Not yet?
    What are you waiting for?

May I suggest, making the image customizable for the users. Should be fairly tribial and only do it if you want and whenever you feel like it, pretty low in the priority list.

Edit: You are my hero.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 09, 2020 at 04:24 PM.

May I suggest, making the image customizable for the users. Should be fairly tribial and only do it if you want and whenever you feel like it, pretty low in the priority list.

Edit: You are my hero.
    Yes, this image is a texture and you can change it to your own. Its size is not fixed and the image is always stretched to fill the entire program window.

I asked several people to test the program, one of them wrote that windows defender does not recognize threats in the new version of the program. Great if that's the case

Test version:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/670708609335951372/742354624597458984/test.7z

You need to put it in the folder with the mod, run M2TWEOP.exe, enter the name of the config in the upper left corner,
    click the "apply changes" button for this parameter, then click start mod. You can also play with other parameters.
    Everything starts again only from the exe file.

I would like to hear feedback from a person with windows xp (what if it works?)

I will not give instructions because there are tooltips for buttons and input fields.
    Last edited by youneuoy; August 10, 2020 at 07:17 AM.

A small note. Run the test version of the program only with the admin. rights!

It's working for me, but the launch it is very random. Ironically, it sometimes starts without admin rights, and not with them (win10 if it makes a difference).

I have also seen an error message about textures, but it was for the version number on the splash screen i think (there was no gothic font).

Question: How will people do to launch teutonic campaign, etc...with the tool? (personally i don't care, but the question will probably appear)

Otherwise, i really like it !

Last edited by Erken; August 10, 2020 at 01:23 PM.

You have to install it on the mod folder. If people want to play vanilla kingdoms campaings I guess they'll have to install it in each folder and unpack them if required?

You have to install it on the mod folder. If people want to play vanilla kingdoms campaings I guess they'll have to install it in each folder and unpack them if required?
    You need to create a config file in the packages with official add-ons, as for a regular mod. The program also works with the vanilla campaign, but only for the steam version of the game (on the disk version, an .exe file of a different version is used for this, but it is not supported by the program. However, you can run vanilla like a normal modification with minor changes from the mods folder).

New test version (fixed crashes at program start).
    Installation:
    replace the existing files with files from the archive, or simply reinstall (the previous test version is optional).
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...289313/test.7z