Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    That sounds cool
    will there be away to chose betwen stone forts (for permanent as example) and wooden as temporea forts?
    It seems you can set the fort culture. I haven’t changed anything here.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Does anyone remember what else was going to do in this update?
    I forgot to copy the list to myself.

Found:
    Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    So, the next update is planned so far:
    1 - completion of the diplomacy system, adding the ability to check for vassal relationships through scripts
    2 - the ability to make part of the forts eternal, and part - temporary.
    3 - the ability to change the ruler and the heir (here is a difficult question with the interface, I think it would be more convenient and faster to implement).
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 06, 2020 at 01:22 AM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

1 - completion of the diplomacy system, adding the ability to check for vassal relationships through scripts - Done

In this video, you will see how to check the suzerain diplomatic status by script.
    This will be in update 1.18.

The update is almost ready, it remains only to return the option to start the program and the game using the .bat file again - it seems that not everyone has the new method working correctly.
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 06, 2020 at 06:23 AM.

I decided that in the menu of actions with the characters add the "execute" button. Maybe I'll do it in this update. Later (after entering various inheritance systems and effects from them) this can be connected with other functions
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 06, 2020 at 09:46 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

You wont believe me but yesternigth was thinking about that, killing a character AND also exiling it, as in the character becomes a rebel and maybe gets its ass teleported outside the faction lands.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I did everything I planned for this update.
    It remains to test everything again and there will be an update (most likely tomorrow).

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

You are awesome!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I made it possible to set coordinates, forts on which will never be deleted (even if they do not have an army).
    This is already possible with the original .exe of the game.

Thus, it will be possible to place forts at the start of the campaign, but at the same time not remove the ability of the army to build temporary forts.
    Now this is what is really interesting for us!

Its possible to make only specific factions (or cultures) able to build temporary forts?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    This is already possible with the original .exe of the game.
    Yes, I just wrote that now it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Now this is what is really interesting for us
    Its possible to make only specific factions (or cultures) able to build temporary forts?
    If you mean the ability to build forts in general, then this would take a lot of time (in order to implement this function for both AI and the player).

Update 1.18 Released

Not bad *cough*...

Could i suggest to use something like alt+V instead of just V for battles. Since it can provoke CTDs with shadows, it's maybe preferable to prevent "accidents" with keys.

Also do you plan to give again the possibility to designate a child as heir later? I am sure that it would be interesting for medieval mods to have regency as feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Not bad *cough*...

Could i suggest to use something like alt+V instead of just V for battles. Since it can provoke CTDs with shadows, it's maybe preferable to prevent "accidents" with keys.

Also do you plan to give again the possibility to designate a child as heir later? I am sure that it would be interesting for medieval mods to have regency as feature.
    I think I will make the ability to enable and disable this mode with the 'V' key in the config file. Maybe also I add something like alt+V, i dont know why i dont do it in 1.18

As for the heirs:
    it seems to me that minor female heirs may not work correctly, so I have disabled this feature so far. I will return it when I figure out how to distinguish male characters from female characters. I also plan to add new possible effects for changing the heir - adding a trait and deleting a trait (because, for example, now when a heir is changed, the heir’s trait remains with the old candidate).
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 09, 2020 at 08:17 PM.

A simple example of what can be done with this program, the video was made by one of the users of the program(DinarMayor).
    Vassal faction control:

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

I must say that this is becoming quite something to say the least! Amazing! A very good job!

I love your suggestion of adding an "execute character" button for unwanted characters. It would be nice if such an action would affect both the faction leader (losing chivalry/adding dread, losing piety) as well as other characters (gaining or losing loyalty).

I don't know if it's already mentioned, but it would be nice if there's a something of a government system that's available in your faction overview in a tab, much like the way you can view your stance with the pope as a catholic faction. Here you can appoint characters to offices like minister of war, minister of foreign affairs, minister of internal affairs or make them the supreme general/marshall over your whole army under which other minor generals serve. All these offices will then provide faction-wide effects (positive and negative).

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I must say that this is becoming quite something to say the least! Amazing! A very good job!

I love your suggestion of adding an "execute character" button for unwanted characters. It would be nice if such an action would affect both the faction leader (losing chivalry/adding dread, losing piety) as well as other characters (gaining or losing loyalty).
    I don't know if it's already mentioned, but it would be nice if there's a something of a government system that's available in your faction overview in a tab, much like the way you can view your stance with the pope as a catholic faction. Here you can appoint characters to offices like minister of war, minister of foreign affairs, minister of internal affairs or make them the supreme general/marshall over your whole army under which other minor generals serve. All these offices will then provide faction-wide effects (positive and negative).
    Yes, that sounds interesting. I think over time this could be added. I like these things in ck2, but first I need to decide how it would be more appropriate to implement it in mtw2, then find the time for this (and also do this for AI players, give the player the opportunity to watch the governments of other factions, etc. This everything will require a considerable amount of time, I don’t think it will be realized soon).

In update 1.18, the test fix of crashes was added to the program when using monster units in battle (spiders, ents, etc.). If someone has a desire, then you can check this fix - I will be glad to hear feedback about his work.

To activate the fix in the modConfig.youneuoycfg file, you need to set the DCI = 1 parameter
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 11, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, making M2TW more like CK2 has always been my dream so very happy about the direction you have been taking recently indeed ...

If in the end we could somehow introduce also stuff like casus beli, claims and so on, so players wouldnt be able to just mindlessly obliterate the AI, that would be amazing. Although I realize we are kind of far from that right now, I though I would show you my RP hotseat, where we attempted something similar, kinda bringing CK2 into M2TW... Its pretty complex ruleset I would say, perhaps something like that could bring you ideas how to hypothetically implement it - LINK

Though, if we went this way, question is how exactly could we forbid players from attacking any faction we want. Perhaps declaration of war could be not allowed unless you have a casus beli? In some mods you cant declare war upon allies, so it would certainly be possible somehow...

Regarding forbiding players from taking certain settlements, that would be difficult I guess. It doesnt work that way in CK2 of course, as you can take any but after the war you would keep only the ones you had a claim for, but I suppose this approach wouldnt work in M2TW, hence we should forbid taking you unclaimed settlements completely I guess. Tho there is the script command I talked about before, that disallows you from entering an "xmin ymin xmax ymax area" and another command where you list regions that can be entered. Both commands are problematic, especially as each of them can be used only once in the same time, though I suppose you could try to fix them and improve them in the future, for example that it would make unclaimed settlements inacessible for players.... But yea,I guess that would be too much, thats for distant future. However, the first part (about declaring war) should be doable somehow

M2TW Engine Overhaul Project 1.19 test 2

The keyboard shortcuts for the program have been changed, now they all work when the ctrl key is pressed (ctrl + v instead of just v, for example).

Ability to use spawn_army command for port coordinates (modConfig.youneuoycfg file)

Added the ability to change the character model (see file battleModels.yoneuoycfg).
    You can change the models of the heir, ruler, etc. (with a large number of change options, depending on the trait, turn number, anything). It also works faster than a script - I recommend using this particular method. Entries from the file are checked once per turn, as well as at each battle.
    Video:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Examples:

Change of model of the English heir:
    Battle_model_change:
    in test file this is first model
    sovrano_europeo
    status
    heir
    faction
    england

Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1.19_test_2.7z

It would be nice if all interested people supported the project in an accessible way (for example, you can test various changes, participate in planning new game mechanics or discuss them, sponsor development with money, etc.).
    With the help of this program, it will probably be possible someday to give modders the opportunity to change the MTW2 gameplay beyond recognition.

P.S. I now missed a few posts and suggestions, later I will look through everything and answer.

Well, as far as I understand, there is no limit on battle models in the game, and therefore, starting with the test update M2TWEOP 1.19, at least every general can be made unique(at the same time, for each character you can make a whole set of models and they will be used depending on the conditions - for example, wounded, or with special equipment, etc.). It seems to me that this feature is clearly worth it to test its performance and correctness.
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 13, 2020 at 05:58 PM.

Mini patch
    M2TW Engine Overhaul Project 1.19 test 3

Added setting to hide the interaction menu with the character in the blood line window (modConfig.youneuoycfg file, CharacterUIMenus parameter)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1.19_test_3.7z

M2TW Engine Overhaul Project 1.19 test 4

Added the ability to set custom .cas models for resources at specific coordinates

Video:

Examples:

ModelChange:
    Model_path="youneuoy_Data/models_strat/custom_resources/gondor_stone_keep.CAS"

ModelChange:
    Model_path="youneuoy_Data/models_strat/our_test/test_model_1/northern_european_large_town.CAS"

If the program does not start for you:

1 - to start, disable the antivirus if you haven’t done so (if this patch helps you, then later you can simply add program files, and even better, the entire game folder to the antivirus exceptions).
    2 - enable borderless window mode, instead of the usual full-screen mode, the program does not work very well with full-screen mode. In the modification file config:
    [video]
    windowed = true
    borderless_window = 1
    Also put your screen resolution in the lines:
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080
    battle_resolution = 1920 1080

3 - if the antivirus was turned on during unpacking the program, make sure that the program files are not damaged or deleted (you can simply unzip them from the archive again).
    4 - if this does not work, then try the following settings in the limits.youneuoycfg file:
    Starting_mod=1
    Mod_CFG_Name=TATW.cfg
    In this case, you can run the program as administrator (you will not need to start the game using the .bat file, but using the HotSeatTool.exe file)
    Another option is to write start HotSeatTool.exe at the very top of your .bat file, and set the Starting_mod = 3 parameter in the limits.youneuoycfg file (in this case, start using the .bat file).
    5 - if the game still does not start, then write your version of windows, the path to the game folder and send me the files from the logs folder of your game (several pieces should appear there).

In fact, I have never seen unsolvable problems with starting a program - usually it’s either the antivirus, the wrong way to start, or something like that.

Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1.19_test_4.7z

It would be nice if all interested people supported the project in an accessible way (for example, you can test various changes, participate in planning new game mechanics or discuss them, sponsor development with money, etc.).
    With the help of this program, it will probably be possible someday to give modders the opportunity to change the MTW2 gameplay beyond recognition.

Jadli

i think i can make it for player, but dont know how to implement it for AI. It sounds iteresting, but i dont sre what it can be interesting, if i do it now)) This mechanic shold work with many anothers, and now project dont have this "many anothers".