Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    I have done a little more tests:

- A problem with the different maluses and bonuses is that they are cumulative, so if you change of heir several times all the characters as well as the treasury will be affected each time. I don't see how to efficiently circumvent this though.

- The inGame font doesn't work with accents, so some lettres are not recognized, what will be problematic with some languages. I have thound this similar font, which works with them but the size of letters need to be increased.

- The dark background of the tooltip is nice, but i think that most of people would prefer dark letters for the confirmation message, so the tooltip would then no more be readable.

- The message should maybe be a little higher than the lower interface (i know that it's a test version, sorry if it looks like some boring nitpicking...but it would be better higher^^)

OK, clear.
    As for the first paragraph, I will think what to do.

I did not understand the second point, can I have more details? The size of the letters is calculated dynamically depending on the size of the game window.

The third point - I will try to add a color setting for windows with tooltips, will this be enough?

point 4 - you can screen, circle what exactly and where you want to move.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

For the second point, i just meant that the letters of the message were smaller than those of the game (at least with the font in the link).

Just an alternative white tooltip would be largely sufficient i think. A dark font will be more harmonious with the vanilla messages, so the messages added by you would look more like a part of the game.

For the position of the message, i just meant that the confirmation message is currently centred in the middle of the full screen. In the middle of the free space over the ui, it would be more natural. It would not appear like an overlay (i said it was nitpicking!).

For the second point, i just meant that the letters of the message were smaller than those of the game (at least with the font in the link).

Just an alternative white tooltip would be largely sufficient i think. A dark font will be more harmonious with the vanilla messages, so the messages added by you would look more like a part of the game.

For the position of the message, i just meant that the confirmation message is currently centred in the middle of the full screen. In the middle of the free space over the ui, it would be more natural. It would not appear like an overlay (i said it was nitpicking!).
    Yeah, got it.
    I'm not sure what it is worth doing different text sizes for different types of text, so I’ll add a setting for its size in the file (more precisely, the number by which the screen size will be divided when calculating the size of the letters).

As for tooltips, I think there is not much difference in completely adjusting the color, or in two of its variants - the difference in operation is very insignificant, so I will add a separate color adjustment for tooltips (as I did with the text color, I think this option is the most optimal).

As for the third - ok, I'll make the window a little higher. In general, it is not drawn “on top” of the game window, but directly in it (if I make such a window during the battle, it will cast a shadow).
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

franky317's Avatar Libertus

[QUOTE = youneuoy; 15928709] Versione di prova:
    aggiunta la possibilità di cambiare l'erede (vedi vari file nella cartella youneuoy_Data, ci sono commenti). Attenzione! I file di localizzazione devono essere salvati nella codifica utf-8
    possibili errori di avvio rimossi

Vorrei recensioni dettagliate.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xz1...ew?usp=sharing
    Problemi noti:
    nella versione dei regni di gioco (1.5) il nome del progetto non viene visualizzato nel menu principale
    altri problemi con il nome del progetto nel menu principale

vorrei anche sapere come funziona tutto per le persone con una risoluzione dello schermo superiore al full hd [/ QUOTE]

I was curious to try this version, but there is no way to start it.

I also tried with a clean mod without the previous files, but it doesn't start at all.

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    [QUOTE = youneuoy; 15928709]
    I was curious to try this version, but there is no way to start it.
    I also tried with a clean mod without the previous files, but it doesn't start at all.
    Hello!
    Do you still have the release version of the program (1.17)? Take the hotseattool.exe file from version 1.17, and all the rest from the test version and try to run, does it work?

P.S. write in English, please.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Hello!
    Do you still have the release version of the program (1.17)? Take the hotseattool.exe file from version 1.17, and all the rest from the test version and try to run, does it work?

P.S. write in English, please.

perfect now works! show to be able to choose the heir child! ps: is it possible to select it already at the beginning of the campaign ??

pss: strange I always write through google maybe I made the wrong copy and paste sorry

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    perfect now works! show to be able to choose the heir child! ps: is it possible to select it already at the beginning of the campaign ??
    I think I will add this in future updates, along with setting up inheritance systems.

I have fatal graphic errors when alt_tabbing with the test version, more exactly when i try to go back to the game. It's systematic, and i don't have this problem with the previous version (windowed = 0 and borderless_window = 0).

I have fatal graphic errors when alt_tabbing with the test version, more exactly when i try to go back to the game. It's systematic, and i don't have this problem with the previous version (windowed = 0 and borderless_window = 0).
    Oh, this is bad and I'm not sure that this can be fixed (but still try to figure it out).
    I also recommend everyone to play with the settings windowed = 1 and borderless_window = 1, this allows you to quickly switch using alt + tab and does not cause any problems.

I know, but my taskbar is at the top of the screen and i have two black stripes in windowed mode with this old game, at the top and the bottom. I alt-tab only when i am scripting anyway.

I know, but my taskbar is at the top of the screen and i have two black stripes in windowed mode with this old game, at the top and the bottom. I alt-tab only when i am scripting anyway.
    This is strange, I always play with windowed = 1 and borderless_window = 1 and my game is always displayed in full screen, without black bars. Have you set the resolution of your screen in the game’s graphics settings? Also there should be a parameter for widescreen windows.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Exactly, make the game match your native screen resolution and you shall not have black stripes anymore.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

The problem is just the taskbar, and when i say two black stripes, this is in fact the taskbar (at the top) and the normal emplacement of the taskbar (at the bottom). Ironically, this is the only game with this problem .

All is ok with the resolution, etc...

Some news:
    For several days I was developing automatic generation of historical battles from battles from the campaign map (for example, battles for online, etc.) and achieved quite good successes - the battle is created completely, except for some part of the settlement information (I think I will finish this).

Like a replay a battle from the campaign?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Like a replay a battle from the campaign?
    like this:

I found a new way to do the dismounting of troops - probably I will implement this later.
    A couple of points:
    1-dismounting will occur on the strategic map
    2-for this a separate window will be created with the ability to select units.
    3-for introducing this function into the modification, the modder will need to do something like a table with the correspondence of unit types (dismounted and equestrian variants), it will be possible to make one foot unit for several equestrian types of units or vice versa (this way it will not take many entries in the EDU )

Thissss this will make a few things far more interesting.... whole armies of mounted units that dismount before a siege or ambush in the woods.

I made it possible to set coordinates, forts on which will never be deleted (even if they do not have an army). Thus, it will be possible to place forts at the start of the campaign, but at the same time not remove the ability of the army to build temporary forts. You can also set coordinates on which there is no fort at the beginning of the campaign, and if it is built on them, then it will also become undeletable.

This will be in the update 1.18

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    I made it possible to set coordinates, forts on which will never be deleted (even if they do not have an army). Thus, it will be possible to place forts at the start of the campaign, but at the same time not remove the ability of the army to build temporary forts. You can also set coordinates on which there is no fort at the beginning of the campaign, and if it is built on them, then it will also become undeletable.

This will be in the update 1.18
    That sounds cool
    will there be away to chose betwen stone forts (for permanent as example) and wooden as temporea forts?