Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Leo have you tried the tool yet?
    Not yet.

I offered my services as a tester for Aura in his widescreen fix thing.

Waiting for him to send me instructions.

List of planned changes for the update (maybe not all of this will go into it, maybe I'll hurry and release it in two consecutive updates)
    1 - crash fix due to incorrect character name
    2 - option to partially disable logging
    3 - unlock control faction command for single player
    4 - the ability to change the diplomatic relations of the factions using the config (alliance, war, vassality, peace)
    5 - new parameters for script commands diplomatic_stance and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction, allowing you to set vassality between factions or check for vassal relationships.
    Last edited by youneuoy; May 28, 2020 at 06:42 AM.

it wasn't fighting guys we chatted about it btw on steam it's because of the language barrier between us. my English is not perfect. youneouy's too. we use google translate very much so it leave us with many misunderstandings

oh and btw. that 4th thing you mentioned is a huge contribution to the m2tw youneouy. making a faction start as a vassal is a huge step forward in my opinion! congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    it wasn't fighting guys we chatted about it btw on steam it's because of the language barrier between us. my English is not perfect. youneouy's too. we use google translate very much so it leave us with many misunderstandings

This happens even between couples that supposedly love each other but don't speak the same language and use English as the middle term way of communicating, so can't imagine having Google as an intermediary... To furter increase confusion, text messages will never be able to reflect the real tone of a normal in-person conversation, so many factors that are prone to misunderstandings Glad to know all is fine, it would be a real pity to quarrel unnecessarily. Keep the great work up, very inspiring!!! Thank you...

Test version of the program: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ur...A8i5-Xqyl3sgos
    The following changes have been made:
    1 - crash fix due to incorrect general name
    2 - the ability to partially disable logging
    3 - unlock console command "change faction" for a single campaign
    4 - now the number of soldiers in historical or multiplayer battles will be as specified in the descr_battle.txt file

Test "change faction" in a single player game:

With the console command "change faction" there are two small problems that are the flaws of the game.
    1 - UI is updated only after save-load or after the battle.
    2 - if you exit the battle against the faction that you started the game with the “accept defeat” button, you will receive a victory.

Perhaps later it will be possible to fix these problems, but they have little effect.

See the modConfig.youneuoycfg file for opportunities No. 2,3. The work of opportunity No. 4 is shown in the following video:

A full release will be after the completion of the functions associated with the vassalage.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

great!!!!
    I have already thought about how to set up a script for the papal election or the imperial election! keep it up!

ok, the faction change works and the script for the pope's election also works well, now the player can choose whether to control the papal faction when his cardinal is elected.

But the log has this error:

05: 42: 39.593 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 151, in mods / BellumCrucis7 / data / world / maps / campaign / custom / Full / campaign_script.txt:
    control papal_states
    system.log.txt

it's normal??
    Last edited by franky317; May 30, 2020 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    1 - UI is updated only after save-load or after the battle.
    There is a console_command reset_display that allows to load the new ui. Nevertheless, it doesn't affect the faction symbol and the process take around 15 sec (with a black screen during this time. I don't understand the description of this command though, so maybe there is more to do with it.
    Code:
    reset_display: Forces a display_close(); display_open() display reset cycle

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    great!!!!
    I have already thought about how to set up a script for the papal election or the imperial election! keep it up!
    ok, the faction change works and the script for the pope's election also works well, now the player can choose whether to control the papal faction when his cardinal is elected.
    But the log has this error:
    system.log.txt
    it's normal??
    I think you need to clarify the application of this command a little:
    1 - it should not be applied to the AI faction during the turn of this fraction.
    2 - it should not be applied during various actions: in battle, during diplomatic negotiations, etc.
    I think it is also necessary to add a check to see if the target faction is a player’s faction. If this is already the case, the command will not be executed. I think there is nothing wrong with this, but the logic of your scripts may be violated, so be careful and do only what you are sure of. First you need to carefully consider the correct algorithm.
    I think your script had one of these problems.
    That seems to be all

Erken, ok, thanks Perhaps this will somehow help.

yes yes, the script is set up well.

each cardinal has an ancillary of recognition.

at the time of the election, the new pope will have an ancillary of recognition if the player leads that faction will have the opportunity to choose whether to lead the papal faction or not.

the error in the log is always present.

yes yes, the script is set up well.

each cardinal has an ancillary of recognition.

at the time of the election, the new pope will have an ancillary of recognition if the player leads that faction will have the opportunity to choose whether to lead the papal faction or not.

the error in the log is always present.
    Got it, it turns out interesting) Great, if everything works as it should. Later I will see why the game writes an error message.

the script perhaps for bellum crucis is superfluous, it is more interesting du mod where there is the election of the German emperor :-)

however it is fine, I await new versions :-)

keep it up! :-)

So that the topic is not empty, I recorded on video one of the tests for the next update (changing diplomatic relations, including vassal relations).

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Awesome! Youneuoy, you talked about new screens and buttons (if I recall right), how long before we get there?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Youneuoy, you talked about new screens and buttons (if I recall right), how long before we get there?
    I'll start as soon as the need arises to do this. Well, it will also take a lot of time, it seems to me now that there is already where to spend it.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Would it be possible to do one like the Cardinal College but that only show generals of your own faction with certain trait or ancillary? I know this might be advanced or beyond what you are planning, just to be sure.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Added the ability to set diplomatic parameters using a config file (war, peace, alliance, vassal relations, trade). Description and example in the config file diplomacy.yoneuoycfg.
    Added new conditions related to the number of turns(> or <or = a given number).
    Video with an example:

Test version of program:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uro...ew?usp=sharing

I also plan to integrate all the program functions and the I_CompareCounter script command, so I don’t have to edit console commands or add new ones, later all actions can be coordinated with this command, if anyone needs it, of course..
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 08, 2020 at 08:44 AM.

great! I have already tried and tested ..... I ask you something I did not understand.

besides the passing of the shifts, are there other conditions in which diplomacy is activated?

example: at the end of a crusade, can a truce be set?

great! I have already tried and tested ..... I ask you something I did not understand.
    besides the passing of the shifts, are there other conditions in which diplomacy is activated?
    example: at the end of a crusade, can a truce be set?
    Now this happens only when changing the number of completed turns or at the beginning of a new campaign. Adding each such event is not a very simple process, so if I add something else, then it should be universal.
    In the future I plan to carry out checks with the I_CompareCounter command, and in the config file this will also need to be indicated as a separate condition. Maybe it will be in update 1.17

Ok I understand.

It was just for information, to date I'm more interested in setting the vassals at the beginning of the campaign :-)

sorry if I ask you, I have a problem with diplomacy, then I would like HRE to have Milan and Barons as vassals.

in game, however, only Milan is vassal.

here is the attached file together with the logfile.7z
    Last edited by franky317; June 10, 2020 at 11:06 AM.