Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    so all console commands work?
    I do not understand....
    Many of the console commands ingame only worked from the campaign_script and not from the medieval-shell (console).
    Examples are: process_rq, recruitment_pool, capabilites,...

Either use the tool to get a list of console commands or put
    output_con_cmds = 1 under[misc]

In your config to get a Medieval2/documentation/console_commands.txt
    Last edited by Jojo00182; August 14, 2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    The link is not the good one or you have forgotten to include the music file i think . I have tried by creating myself a music folder with a m2tweop.mp3, but without result, and i see no parameter that i could activate (unless i am blind?). But the console commands are here.
    you do all like here?

Later I will add a volume setting, or maybe something else.

Gigantus

why not?
    I think reliability is more important.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

New test version:

Fixed detection of the game version.

fixed unlocking of console commands - it didn't work for tactical map before (thanks to Jojo00182 for help)

fixed cost change for siege equipment

added the ability to adjust the music volume in the launcher

Probably this is almost all, it remains to add a couple of parameters to the launcher that allow you to adjust the screen resolution in the game, as well as windowed mode, anti-aliasing and shadows.
    Nobody remembers other problems?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AP6...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by youneuoy; August 14, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    the game starts already, but so far it doesnt apply patches. The siege equipment prices doesnt change, its all I have tested so far but is not working.
    Make sure to rule out a virtual store issue, run this tutorial from step 3 onward. Steam also has a nasty habit of keeping modding content in memory: I was battling with an issue I had intentionally created in Bare Geomod for a while and when I re-installed BG the issue was back after the first restart.

Suggest to rename the mod folder, simply add a letter, and adjust your CFG file entry accordingly for the time being. Steam stops doing it's nasty stuff after a few days, Steam game cache related I presume, same benign mess as the virtual store - to protect us from ourselves.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 14, 2020 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    you do all like here?
    Yes. I have tested with the last version, and the result is the same, with or without admin rights, and whatever the setting of the volume button (saved of course). And a new launch changes nothing.

EDIT: the problem seems to be that the default volume of the tool is very very low, i need to set everything to max to hear something, and even then it's just a low sound.
    Last edited by Erken; August 15, 2020 at 07:08 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Gigantus, the issue was with the tool itself, the new update works without need of changing any file and works and change of the siege equipment prices now works again, and I presume the rest of the tool too.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    Yes. I have tested with the last version, and the result is the same, with or without admin rights, and whatever the setting of the volume button (saved of course). And a new launch changes nothing.

EDIT: the problem seems to be that the default volume of the tool is very very low, i need to set everything to max to hear something, and even then it's just a low sound.
    Everything seems to play at normal volume. Standard windows functions are used to play the mp3 file, so it probably depends on the playback media you have installed (codecs, etc.)

For me was the same. The volume seems too low, even at 100 I had to crank up the speakers volume knob to listen the music at a normal level (and everything else at wild party levels).

Nevertheless is just a cosmetic feature, dont loose sleep over it, is not like people will spend terrible ammounts of time on the program screen once everything is correctly configurated.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

New test version:
    small changes in the launcher. Added setting of some parameters from the cfg file of the game (anti-aliasing, automatic detection of screen resolution, setting windowed mode without a border. It is recommended to configure this only in the launcher and do not touch these settings in the game).

In general, everything is already ready, it can already be used in modifications. By the release version, I plan to make an installer for the program, as well as the basic functionality of the mod manager (in the future, it is planned to greatly expand it). Thus, later in the folder with the modification, you will not have to add the main .exe and .dll files of the program.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUj...ew?usp=sharing

A link to the project's discord server (there we can quickly solve existing problems, and regular communication is a little more convenient there). Core issues are still being discussed on twcenter.
    Also in the discord you can access to the channels with the source code of the project, if you want to familiarize yourself with it or improve it.
    https://discord.gg/zU23hQM
    Last edited by youneuoy; August 15, 2020 at 04:55 PM.

In this latest version it seems you forgot to put the apply button for the options on the upper left. So I can't make it change the BellumCrucis7.cfg for my own .cfg file.

In this latest version it seems you forgot to put the apply button for the options on the upper left. So I can't make it change the BellumCrucis7.cfg for my own .cfg file.
    no, in this version it is written by itself when the game / mod starts. This is due to the addition of graphics settings and just for convenience. Although I think you are right, I need to return this button, maybe someone wants to start the program, change the settings and close the program..

Blog Entries

Gigantus, the issue was with the tool itself, the new update works without need of changing any file and works and change of the siege equipment prices now works again, and I presume the rest of the tool too.
    Thanks for clearing that up - I was wondering a bit myself about the circumstances.

No, thank you for caring old chap.

And yes youneuoy, I would say it would be useful or maybe consolidate saving everything in a single big SAVE PARAMETERS button that does the function of all the save buttons.

Default M2TW Engine Overhaul Project + Reshade/Sweetfx

Hey guys,

First of all - I love what you have achieved so far, and plan to accomplish shortly. This mod has already made my favourite Total War game better, and will only continue to do so. Best of luck in your development and massive KUDOS to the team.

Now the actual question - is there a way to make the mod work with Reshade? So far, it seems just to ignore it.

The second I remove the mod from the Med2 folder and just keep the Reshade, it works.

Any ideas/ possible solutions?

Thank you!

Default Re: M2TW Engine Overhaul Project + Reshade/Sweetfx

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Hey guys,

First of all - I love what you have achieved so far, and plan to accomplish shortly. This mod has already made my favourite Total War game better, and will only continue to do so. Best of luck in your development and massive KUDOS to the team.

Now the actual question - is there a way to make the mod work with Reshade? So far, it seems just to ignore it.

The second I remove the mod from the Med2 folder and just keep the Reshade, it works.

Any ideas/ possible solutions?

Thank you!
    Hello!
    Probably they won't be able to make friends(the m2tweop also interferes with the way the game draws.), or you need to find another reshade.

A little later I will salt this topic with the topic of discussions. Please do not spawn a large number of threads.

Default Stainless Steel compatibility?

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to get this to work with Stainless Steel 6.4?

Since it launches either via Steam, or it's own launcher exe, is there a way of getting the project to work? I've pointed the limits cfg file to my Stainless Steel cfg but nothing happens if I start the hotseattool.exe, unless I start as admin, in which case it boots the base game.

Cheers in advance

Default Re: Stainless Steel compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnesiumDew View Post
    Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to get this to work with Stainless Steel 6.4?

Since it launches either via Steam, or it's own launcher exe, is there a way of getting the project to work? I've pointed the limits cfg file to my Stainless Steel cfg but nothing happens if I start the hotseattool.exe, unless I start as admin, in which case it boots the base game.

Cheers in advance
    Hello!
    I don't know exactly how your modification is launched, but any modification can be launched using the "classic" method. Your modification probably has a .cfg file :-)
    In order not to bother with the launch setting you can download the latest version of the program (it is available on the project's discord server) and start the modification using it. This is a test version that is installed as a launcher and when using it, you can select modifications from the list.

Link to the project's discord server:
    https://discord.gg/xpPrysj

Link to the latest test version (you need to install it in the mtw2 / mods / M2TWEOP folder):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WUj...ew?usp=sharing
    A little later I will salt this topic with the topic of discussions(Write after you deal with the problem.). Please do not spawn a large number of threads.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stainless Steel compatibility?

Stainless Steel has a custom 'launcher' in exe form which allows the user to change settings within txt files like the campaign script, EDU etc.

One would have to run that one first to set the mod to the desired settings, then exit and run a 'regular' BAT file to enable your application.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Hello! I will be a little absent these days, I downloaded the latest version but as you can see in the picture the button to apply the changes is missing, is there another way? am I wrong ???