Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Its possible to use the papal system with generals instead of priests? Can we duplicate the papal system?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I know nothing about textures related to sub faction.

The thread I showed you is about how to have custom animations for generals.

It can be achieved by using sub-faction in descr_strat.txt as I explain in the thread, but this does not work in campaign_script.

The point is, even using descr_strat, the trick will not work.

Its all explained in the first lines of the thread.
    Okay, fine. Just that the way you wrote it in your list confused me about how is it actually not working

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Its possible to use the papal system with generals instead of priests? Can we duplicate the papal system?
    Check out Das Heilige Romish Reich mod, they did it somehow, for general cardinals

More a question than a suggestion: could it be possible to introduce variables in the campaign_script? Something like a variable name associated with an event_counter, and depending on the value of the event_counter something different is read. Thus the size of some scripts would be largely reduced, particularly for those with a section for each settlement for example. On the paper, the config file would look like this:
    Code:
    Variable_1
    e_vrb_1
    London
    Paris
    Berlin
    At least i will not be surprised if the response is no .

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Check out Das Heilige Romish Reich mod, they did it somehow, for general cardinals
    Thanks man! I love you!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

I think the most needed feature for M2TW is the lifting of the limit for the number of provinces on the strategic map. It's probably one of main limitations for the advanced mods.
    The second needed feature - the lifting of the limit for the total number of units in a mod.

I've heard it would be a very time-consuming work, but I'm sure that'll be worth doing.

Sorry if that has already been said before, but the topic is too large to read through.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Asseaux View Post
    I think the most needed feature for M2TW is the lifting of the limit for the number of provinces on the strategic map. It's probably one of main limitations for the advanced mods.
    The second needed feature - the lifting of the limit for the total number of units in a mod.

I've heard it would be a very time-consuming work, but I'm sure that'll be worth doing.

Sorry if that has already been said before, but the topic is too large to read through.
    Yes, of course it was already suggested. I would have to spend a lot of time on this, I’m not ready for it now.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

just discovered this amazing project.

I have read this thread, and - it may be that I have missed it - I have not found the following suggestions:

1- allow more than 4 siblings in a family tree;
    2- script marriages to happen between existing labelled characters.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae View Post
    just discovered this amazing project.

I have read this thread, and - it may be that I have missed it - I have not found the following suggestions:

1- allow more than 4 siblings in a family tree;
    2- script marriages to happen between existing labelled characters.
    Yes, I have already been offered this)
    I'm not sure that it is possible without great difficulty to implement the first idea from your list, but the second is probably quite possible. I have not yet figured out the family tree, but this is probably one of the first things related to it that I will try to do when I deal with this issue.

What are you working currently youneuoy?

What are you working currently youneuoy?
    I am still working on setting up diplomatic relations (all this time I had little free time, so progress has not advanced far).
    I think this will partially end this weekend and give a link to a new test version where you can set up diplomacy (war, alliance, peace, protectorate) using a config file with a set of conditions (approximately in the form in which it is for labels) .

I looked, I can make all console commands from this list available (as far as I understand some of them do not work either from scripts or from the console, right?), Does anyone need this? As far as I understand commands like test_ancillary_localisation etc. can really be helpful.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    add_money
    add_population
    ai_turn_speed
    amdb_max
    amdb_min
    amdb_offset
    auto_win
    banana_republic
    bestbuy
    bounds
    capabilities
    capture_settlement
    character_reset
    clear_messages
    clear_password
    control
    create_building
    create_mission
    create_unit
    damage_wall
    date
    diplomacy_costs
    diplomacy_mission
    diplomatic_stance
    disable_ai
    disable_vnvs
    event
    force_diplomacy
    george
    gfx
    give_ancillary
    give_trait
    give_trait_points
    halt_ai
    houston
    istanbul
    kill_character
    kill_faction
    lights
    list_ancillaries
    list_characters
    list_traits
    list_units
    logoff
    logon
    madras
    message_collation_set
    move_character
    mp
    oliphaunt
    perf_times
    print_shortcuts
    process_cq
    process_rq
    puppify_my_love
    recruitment_pool
    reload_campaign_db
    reload_colour_db
    reload_diplomacy_db
    reload_movie_db
    reload_sett_mech_db
    reload_shaders
    reload_textures
    remove_ancillary
    remove_trait
    reset_display
    rogan
    run_ai
    season
    set_building_health
    set_email
    set_option
    set_password
    set_ranking_interval
    show_all_messages
    show_cursorstat
    show_landings
    show_ui
    surrender_regions
    test_ancillary_localisation
    test_message
    test_movie
    test_victory_scroll
    toggle_coastlines
    toggle_demeanour
    toggle_flowing_water
    toggle_fow
    toggle_perfect_spy
    toggle_pr
    toggle_terrain
    toggle_wireframe
    trigger_advice
    upgrade_settlement
    victory
    vindaloo
    write_ui_cache
    zoom
    Last edited by youneuoy; June 05, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    (as far as I understand some of them do not work either from scripts or from the console, right?)
    Yes, but i don't remember which ones.

Some of this command are broken though. "jericho" is supposed to create a breach in the wall during battle, but there is just the sound of the breach (at least this is what say the docudemons). "damage_wall" with the parameter "gate" doesn't work: the gate is not open (and iirc as attacker you cannot target the gate affected with a ram next).

Nobody really knows with what is supposed to be used with set_option, but it's also potentially broken.

show_battle_marker, show_battle_line and show_battle_circle seem also broken (they are in this list).

franky317's Avatar Libertus

The create_mission command doesn't work with all missions, can you make it 100x100 working?

Probably you enter the parameters incorrectly(for set_option)
    Examples of correct entry:

Last edited by youneuoy; June 05, 2020 at 02:59 PM.

Nice, a mystery solved. For those interested, the effect of the command is temporary since the cfg is not modified.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    The create_mission command doesn't work with all missions, can you make it 100x100 working?

sorry if I ask you this again, it may have escaped you.

you can do something?

I think not, now I could not do this) Probably later it will be possible to do something with this, I'm going to deal with units more in detail.

Excellent, thanks! I already was pointed to a mod that made the election thing for generals. Not quite like the papal election but it does works. However it relies on the advisor button which kinda makes it confusing. It would be better if one could do it trough a dialog screen.

Excellent, thanks! I already was pointed to a mod that made the election thing for generals. Not quite like the papal election but it does works. However it relies on the advisor button which kinda makes it confusing. It would be better if one could do it trough a dialog screen.
    And where is this implemented? I would like to see.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Das Heilige Romish Reich https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...F6mische-Reich

It simply somehow allows bishops to be also generals, and hence it also allows them to be cardinals, if I remember correctly