Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Ok, I’ll unlock the ability to change the faction during a single campaign using the console command control faction_name.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Wow fantastic!

the player could decide to take control of the papal state, if one of his cardinal is elected pope!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

That will be great! Though, hopefully it doesnt open a big can of worms we dont even know that exists yet ...

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    Wow fantastic!

the player could decide to take control of the papal state, if one of his cardinal is elected pope!
    Summon the Elector Counts!!!!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I know there is currently a system where you can make another faction a vassal- but would it be possible to allow 2 faction to confederate?

Loving the work you do on the mod btw- I really hopes it develops into something great!

Gaming Emeritus

Actually, in connection to that, its currently impossible to make a starting faction a vassal, do you think you cuold try to fix that as well?

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Ok, I’ll unlock the ability to change the faction during a single campaign using the console command control faction_name.
    Great!Thats something I was looking for.

can the provoke_rebellion command work?

Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    can the provoke_rebellion command work?
    As far as I understand, this works if the public order in the settlement is <70%

Gaming Emeritus

Yep, we talked of it and some other possibilities in this thread or the other one, scroll back by a page or two franky

Yes, I knew that under a tot of happiness the command works, I wondered if it could be set differently.

The scripts would be simpler

Like make it work regardless the % of public order? Or maybe set a config were you set the % needed?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Like make it work regardless the % of public order? Or maybe set a config were you set the % needed?
    I think it's possible. I'll see a little later.

Gaming Emeritus

Just quoting myself on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Though,there is a "provoke_rebellion" command that is supposed to force settlements rebel, but based on this discussion it doesnt work. But there is another command, "add_settlement_turmoil settlementname value" that works. It increases unrest, but you need high values to make the settlement rebel.

You can also use "barons alliance" emergence script for any faction, assuming the shadow faction in the script are rebels(=slaves). Rebels are de facto shadow faction to all factions so it works), so with doing some smart scripting you can do it to force a settlement of your choosing to rebel. I recall there was a guide on this, but cant find it RN. Anyway, the basics is that shadow factions emergence check public order in each setttlement and the ones in a public order limit you make can rebel, and you can also set how many settlements should the original factions keep, so through this there is a way. You could also combine it with "add_settlement_turmoul" to change public order to what you need. With labels now you could also make sure the govenor becomes "bad" to force it.

But yea, if there was a simple commnand for it, I suppose it wouldnt hurt
    So combining the turmoil with provoke_rebellion in the same turn should get the job done. Or the barons stuff I suppose...

(provoke_rebellion actually works, but with negative popularity as we found out)

It would work even better if we could control the requirements, making a town rebel without need of further workarounds would be better.

Gaming Emeritus

Yes, indeed.

Just showing what the current capabilities are

Oh that's good! I didn't realized that was what you were saying until reread now. Well that's an option already sure!

Hello youneuoy,
    I am interested in changing the siege turns until surrender for settlements. Related to that is the attrition for besieged settlements, it seems to depend on the size of the sieging armies but I dont really know.

It would be nice to know if these can be influenced by memory editing.

Thank you for your effort.

Best regards

A question, how does using this tool affects multiplayer? Specifically Steam multiplayer? Would it be recognized as a trainer and shut down or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    A question, how does using this tool affects multiplayer? Specifically Steam multiplayer? Would it be recognized as a trainer and shut down or something?
    If in multiplayer one player has something that the other does not have, desynchonization happens. The program works fine with multiplayer, but should be for all participants in the battle with the same settings.