Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Poor youneuoy, working alone with so many requests...

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    That sounds fantastic. I always wished it were possible to script killing a character. Like if a character gets a certain trait that it would kill them instantly.
    This would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    On a related note, Do you think it could be possible to script characters and/or settlements to rebel?
    I also endorse this.
    I recently had an idea for a script in TATW and this would fit perfectly to make it work.
    Here's my idea:

The script that would run a random chance of civil revolt in dwarven settlements, this civil revolt would trigger a historic event.

The rebel unit that would take the city would be a dragon. (So we would need to be able to set the rebelling army too)

so you get the concept. The historic event would tell that the dragon invaded the settlement like Smaug did to Erebor.
    Removing the "civil revolt" pop up would also be interesting, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    I'm not sure about the animations, and besides, I haven’t done them at all. Are you talking about a campaign map?
    That is, these animations can be set to the generals in descr_strat, or how? I would like to know more.
    This explains all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Though,there is a "provoke_rebellion" command that is supposed to force settlements rebel, but based on this discussion it doesnt work. But there is another command, "add_settlement_turmoil settlementname value" that works. It increases unrest, but you need high values to make the settlement rebel.
    Hello Jadil, I use the command provoke_rebellion to ensure that a city with red public order (lower equal than 65 % tested) rebels in the next turn. (Testing with very hard difficulty and bit modified bare geomod )

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Ah, I took Gigantus' words from that thread as holy, so didnt test it myself.

Thats very interesting. Then I assume it works only for settlements with "red" public order?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Ah, I took Gigantus' words from that thread as holy, so didnt test it myself.

Thats very interesting. Then I assume it works only for settlements with "red" public order?
    Somehow 70% is displayed as red public order, but didnt work in my test today. There was also no city rioting event in the next turn.

About downgrade settlements:
    not now. Later, I will probably see if something can be done about it.
    As for the rebellion of the settlements:
    it’s probably possible to do something with this, I’ll see later when I’ll do something with the settlements. Most likely it will be something related to public order.

As for the other unit animations:
    need the ability to change subfaction during the campaign, right?
    About killing characters:
    read the topic in this subforum, created by Jadli and dedicated to new scripting commands.

Has anyone ever imagined a resource system for MED2?

Food
    Ore
    Money

These would be the main three. Interface on top in stratmap would show you how much of each resource you have.

Units would require not only money to be kept but also food, maybe food would be settlement specific so garrisoned units would consume the food while in the settlement.

Diplomacy would include trade of resources between factions, with option to decide the amount to be traded.Like the "give money", something like "give food".
    You could also sell ore and foodto get money.

A I think AoE2 has a system like this.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

If that ever get to be done, then it's required to mod in the protoss voice saying "Not enough minerals".
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Has anyone ever imagined a resource system for MED2?

Food
    Ore
    Money

These would be the main three. Interface on top in stratmap would show you how much of each resource you have.

Units would require not only money to be kept but also food, maybe food would be settlement specific so garrisoned units would consume the food while in the settlement.

Diplomacy would include trade of resources between factions, with option to decide the amount to be traded.Like the "give money", something like "give food".
    You could also sell ore and foodto get money.

A I think AoE2 has a system like this.
    Sounds interesting) Just as usual, the problem is what to do with AI in this case.
    But first I would like to make a magic system, it should be cool. True, before this it is necessary to make a system of army depletion.

What about the 1 man unit? Is it already implemented and working? If so, how it works? Is it needed to set the unit scale as small in the game options?

What about the 1 man unit? Is it already implemented and working? If so, how it works? Is it needed to set the unit scale as small in the game options?
    Yes, it is ready and working fine. Probably also for this you need to put a small unit size (although I don’t remember).
    Information on this is under one of the spoilers in the instructions for the limits.cfg file.

I am also interested in how the edu parameter interacts with this, indicating the number of soldiers remaining in the unit at which the unit disappears. So, for example, I tested units with 0 people (officers only), but they died after moving somewhere, maybe this will not happen if you change that number in edu to 0.

I was refering to selecting "small" in unit size in the options menu inside the game.

I was refering to selecting "small" in unit size in the options menu inside the game.
    Yeah, I had that in mind(I do not remember how much the number is multiplied when choosing a different size.). Also this setting can be fixed in limits.cfg.

I kind of remember someone making a one unit in the game already, isn't it how the Balrog works already in Third Age? Or is some kind of trick to show only a single unit?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I kind of remember someone making a one unit in the game already, isn't it how the Balrog works already in Third Age? Or is some kind of trick to show only a single unit?
    I use a trick for this, he is a general with insivible bodyguard.

I use a trick for this, he is a general with insivible bodyguard.
    I thought a little and decided that there is a way to make a normal balrog, sauron, etc.
    I can do this: if only 1 soldier is set in edu, then when creating units of this type, the multiplier from the game settings will not be used. There will probably be a problem with retraining unit and possibly other similar things, but this can also be solved.
    Interested in this?
    Last edited by youneuoy; May 13, 2020 at 11:49 PM.

I would say yes, I think Leo would too. However since there's already a trick to do it dunno if it would be worth the effort right now, but certainly would be cool for sure.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    I thought a little and decided that there is a way to make a normal balrog, sauron, etc.
    I can do this: if only 1 soldier is set in edu, then when creating units of this type, the multiplier from the game settings will not be used. There will probably be a problem with retraining unit and possibly other similar things, but this can also be solved.
    Interested in this?
    This it's a very cool feature! A lot of people ask for this in a decade.
    It will be used in many ways, Gandalf fighting alone the balrog.... it's a dream man!
    Also it fit very well with the general camera mod and sets quest for Heroes or Bad characters..

Maybe displaying counter from the campaign_script in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    Maybe displaying counter from the campaign_script in the game
    Oh, I really, really really don’t like scripts (that is, how they are technically implemented in the game) and I don’t want to get into it.

As for units from 1 soldier:
    later I will see how it will be better to do for any size of units.

I'm not sure if there is a mod for this, at least I haven't found anything on it, but is it possible to adjust the battle camera so it can go lower to the ground?