Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

-Units with 1 person (Balrog, Sauron etc.)
    -Turn off replenishment of bodyguard units.
    -Remove hardcoded bodyguard limit of 77 men.
    -Remove hardcoded number of ancillaries. As of now it's 8.
    -Remove limit on types of ammo archers can use. Separate fire arrows from regular arrows. As of now they are on the same count.
    -Separate cost on armour upgrades. Example: Adding a mail shirt to a gambeson isn't as costly as getting a new sett of full plate armour of better quality steel.
    -Experience should be a separate file we can mod. This way we can increase stamina, defense, accuracy of archers, range, number of arrows etc.
    -Armour upg and how it effects other stats should be a separate file we can mod. This way we can decrease stamina when we add armour and increase stamina when we drop the mail shirt and upgrade a 14th century 2mm thick suit of full plate armour of low-carbon steel to a late 15h century 1.5mm thick suit of full plate armour of hardened steel, and drop the mail shirt. It's lighter and less cumbersome.
    -Make is so that if you disband a low tier unit with a certain amount of experience, they will count as a higher tier unit when you re-recruit them. This way militia units with 3 gold chevrons can be re-recruited as your elite units, and militia units with silver chevrons can be re-recruited as mid tier units.
    -Make the game remember the experience of a unit when it is disbanded and make a file we can mod so that we can control the rate experience decreases over time. 3 turns minus 1 exp. 6 turns more minis 1 more exp. and so on.
    -Armour penetration should be changed to a percentage, not just 50 percent as it is now.
    -Free upkeep units should have more categories we can bind to buildings or traits etc.
    -Make new mount_effects etc. As of now it's elephant, horse, camel. This way we can make our own such as spiders, balrog, sauron, ents, heavyinfantry, skirmishers.
    -Stakes should be modable so that they only kill a certain percentage of the men charging into them.
    "Alea iacta est"

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Autokrator View Post
    -Units with 1 person (Balrog, Sauron etc.)
    -Turn off replenishment of bodyguard units.
    -Remove hardcoded bodyguard limit of 77 men.
    -Remove hardcoded number of ancillaries. As of now it's 8.
    -Remove limit on types of ammo archers can use. Separate fire arrows from regular arrows. As of now they are on the same count.
    -Separate cost on armour upgrades. Example: Adding a mail shirt to a gambeson isn't as costly as getting a new sett of full plate armour of better quality steel.
    -Experience should be a separate file we can mod. This way we can increase stamina, defense, accuracy of archers, range, number of arrows etc.
    -Armour upg and how it effects other stats should be a separate file we can mod. This way we can decrease stamina when we add armour and increase stamina when we drop the mail shirt and upgrade a 14th century 2mm thick suit of full plate armour of low-carbon steel to a late 15h century 1.5mm thick suit of full plate armour of hardened steel, and drop the mail shirt. It's lighter and less cumbersome.
    -Make is so that if you disband a low tier unit with a certain amount of experience, they will count as a higher tier unit when you re-recruit them. This way militia units with 3 gold chevrons can be re-recruited as your elite units, and militia units with silver chevrons can be re-recruited as mid tier units.
    -Make the game remember the experience of a unit when it is disbanded and make a file we can mod so that we can control the rate experience decreases over time. 3 turns minus 1 exp. 6 turns more minis 1 more exp. and so on.
    -Armour penetration should be changed to a percentage, not just 50 percent as it is now.
    -Free upkeep units should have more categories we can bind to buildings or traits etc.
    -Make new mount_effects etc. As of now it's elephant, horse, camel. This way we can make our own such as spiders, balrog, sauron, ents, heavyinfantry, skirmishers.
    -Stakes should be modable so that they only kill a certain percentage of the men charging into them.
    Okay, I think you'll like that I used numbers instead of dashes

1) in plans
    2) I suppose you can already do it by setting the limit to 0.
    3) done, it seems
    4) done
    5) don't know now
    6) what?
    7) if you do this, you will get a complex system, maybe later we will come up with something
    8) see point 7.
    9) I can do it when the save function is added to m2tweop scripts
    10) see point 9
    11) let's see
    12) you can compensate for the recovery of funds with the m2tweop script
    13) don't know
    14) what?

Have you looked at the m2tweop site (in particular the section on lua scripting)? I think this may provide some answers or give hints in which direction to think. Also have you tried m2tweop?
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Strategos AutokratorAlso responding to your post from another topic:
    Is there a condition I can use to make the game recognize if a general's bodyguard unit is infantry or cavalry?
    You can do this with m2tweop scripts (see the EDU entry section), little later(maybe today) additional data will be added to it, such as the presence of a mount, etc. Now you can do this only based of unit type.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There is a hardcoded limit for the number of family members you can have relative to the number of settlements you own. This often creates issues in mid-to-late games where your royal members stop producing male offspring. Any chance of increasing the ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    There is a hardcoded limit for the number of family members you can have relative to the number of settlements you own. This often creates issues in mid-to-late games where your royal members stop producing male offspring. Any chance of increasing the ratio?
    I think yes, I will look at this later.

Could this mod finally make 12TPY (or even better, 24TPY) work for hotseat M2TW or SS 6.4?

Currently, for me at least, the 12TPY works fine if you're just looking at the little icon on the bottom-left side which reads, for example, "Winter, 1100 C.E." However, when my eyes gaze upon the actual main campaign map, it seems that this isn't really happening -- say, for example, you're playing as Venice, the first faction out of 27 which you can play as in your first turn -- the scenery around you is obviously winter -- and it is so for the next faction, but once you hit the third, it's suddenly summer -- meaning this: when each faction takes their turn [with all 27 encompassing 1 turn], a month passes -- that means by the end of all 27, you've really sped through 2-some years, as opposed to merely a month, like it should be.

It ought to work like this, and the main campaign map ought to replicate this: each faction begins with the first month, when all are complete, the next month, etc., etc. Thus, some 400 turns in all would equate to about a year and some months [I forget the math, forgive me].

So, how to fix this?

I'm currently using this script: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...h-proper-aging

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Yitz View Post
    Could this mod finally make 12TPY (or even better, 24TPY) work for hotseat M2TW or SS 6.4?

Currently, for me at least, the 12TPY works fine if you're just looking at the little icon on the bottom-left side which reads, for example, "Winter, 1100 C.E." However, when my eyes gaze upon the actual main campaign map, it seems that this isn't really happening -- say, for example, you're playing as Venice, the first faction out of 27 which you can play as in your first turn -- the scenery around you is obviously winter -- and it is so for the next faction, but once you hit the third, it's suddenly summer -- meaning this: when each faction takes their turn [with all 27 encompassing 1 turn], a month passes -- that means by the end of all 27, you've really sped through 2-some years, as opposed to merely a month, like it should be.

It ought to work like this, and the main campaign map ought to replicate this: each faction begins with the first month, when all are complete, the next month, etc., etc. Thus, some 400 turns in all would equate to about a year and some months [I forget the math, forgive me].

So, how to fix this?

I'm currently using this script: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...h-proper-aging

Thx
    I haven't added any seasons and stuff like that yet Probably later I'll see what's wrong with that, I've already been told about similar things.

Population actually mattering would also be awesome like Rome 1! So, units coming from population and recruitment pool

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    Population actually mattering would also be awesome like Rome 1! So, units coming from population and recruitment pool
    Already made access from the script to the population. I haven't made acessto a pool of hiring yet, a little later.
    Nevertheless, I figured out the building pool

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    I think yes, I will look at this later.
    That would be awesome

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Just updated my list. Im more humble now since I started to understand the possibilities.

I believe this wish list is not something personal but actually have items that are interesting for the entire modding community, so I believe this list should be prioritary. As I said, not because its my wish list but because it has things everyone wants.

Green is what is already done. Blue are priorities.

1 - Fix the widescreen resolution stretch
    2 - Single man units
    3 - Allow change of settlement stratmap models via script.
    4 - Reactivate the capacity of some units to hit gates (in Rome, elehpants could hit and breach gates, that would serve for trolls and giants in fantasy mods for med2)
    5 - Allow change of settlement battlemaps via script.
    7 - Reactivate the sub-faction parameter in campaing_script.txt. Currently it works in descr_strat.txt only, but its effect is cancelled after you load a saved game. (Spawning armies with subfaction allows having unique animations for generals of the same faction).
    8 - Decide via script what siege equipment (ladder and siege tower) each faction can build.
    10- Allowing the provoke_rebelion command to be triggered via script and alongside with it the ability to decide what unit will take control of the settlement in the rebelion (e.g: a script that creates a rebelion in a dwarven mountain settlement and the unit taking control of the settlement is a dragon)
    11 - A new interface to access diplomatic options at any time without the need of diplomats. (A button in the already existing diplomacy menu of the game, to open the diplomatic options.)
    12 - Allow spawn_army and spawn_character to work over ports via campaign_script. And armies spawned over ports should then automatically block them.
    13 - Expand the limit of custom forts 3d models in stratmap.
    15 - Expand the limit of custom resource 3d models in stratmap.
    16 - Allow share of "actions" from descr_character.txt between characters.
    17 - Expanding the limit of custom tiles in custom_tiles_db.txt. The med2 hardcoded limit is 100.
    18 - Any effort to allow flying units to work better.
    19 - Making all settlements available in custom battles. (Currently, they are limite by culture/level so we can't have all custom settlements in custom battles)
    20 - Expand the limit of custom ports 3d models in stratmap.
    21 - Expand the limit of custom watch towers 3d models in stratmap.
    22 - Block specific factions from building specific siege engines (e.g orcs cant build siege towers, dwarves cant build siege laddders etc)
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; August 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I would add the ability to add more construction slots for cities like recruitment of units.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Would it be possible to enable AI-controlled armies in multiplayer? It's such a bizarre omission from MTW2 that was present in RTW.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

What is missing are: monthly, seasonal or year-based campaign turns; representation of queens with differing traits/ability, e.g. blessing of the queen or knighting of generals, etc.; ability for Kings, Queens, Princes & or perhaps generals defined by position or trait to engage in diplomacy; ability for cavalry to partially survive attack & dismount dead horse or human; representation of the wounded & exhausted on the battle field with hospital & or supply caravan; development of supply, especially implications when over seas & behind enemy line; ability to enter buildings & walls with troops; development of diplomacy & ability to play & win the game outside warfare; development of diplomacy & cultural representations in game generally, & as pertains to art, music & history of the period; & with latter in mind, especially for enjoyment & love of the medium, ability with king, queen, prince or princess, diplomat & distinguished general, to enter a city, see a semi- or realistic depiction of the city, & engage in diplomacy from a first person perspective if in foreign company, or if in domestic company ability to engage the city's native population of people & historical figures for mundane or important communication as to information, news & winds of peace or war, state of affairs & hearsay, public order & welfare (thereby learn of things/history or academics, perhaps earn trait increases, public approval - or disapproval if an outreach & social disaster)

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    What is missing are: monthly, seasonal or year-based campaign turns; representation of queens with differing traits/ability, e.g. blessing of the queen or knighting of generals, etc.; ability for Kings, Queens, Princes & or perhaps generals defined by position or trait to engage in diplomacy; ability for cavalry to partially survive attack & dismount dead horse or human; representation of the wounded & exhausted on the battle field with hospital & or supply caravan; development of supply, especially implications when over seas & behind enemy line; ability to enter buildings & walls with troops; development of diplomacy & ability to play & win the game outside warfare; development of diplomacy & cultural representations in game generally, & as pertains to art, music & history of the period; & with latter in mind, especially for enjoyment & love of the medium, ability with king, queen, prince or princess, diplomat & distinguished general, to enter a city, see a semi- or realistic depiction of the city, & engage in diplomacy from a first person perspective if in foreign company, or if in domestic company ability to engage the city's native population of people & historical figures for mundane or important communication as to information, news & winds of peace or war, state of affairs & hearsay, public order & welfare (thereby learn of things/history or academics, perhaps earn trait increases, public approval - or disapproval if an outreach & social disaster)

What the.... most of those things are well out of the scope of whats even possible for CA. Interesting however
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    What the.... most of those things are well out of the scope of whats even possible for CA. Interesting however
    straight back atcha! whoop whoop: neophyte modder alert!, with whoop whoop bad manners alert! definitely out of ability based upon present game engine from a modding perspective; definitely not out of ability from a reprogramming of game engine - so not sure what comment is about since it asks 'what you think is missing from game whether can be modded, etc. or not. Interesting? YES! & I appreciate that much. Raises question as to why people aren't more helpful than harmful? (I know the answer to that one! BUT i aint tellin'!)

With all do respect, are you high? Or just overly enthusiastic? Why are you writing like that?

Maybe you should also try to bullet your points, that migth make your post clearer.

Things like a random chance of a rider or its mount surviving the death of the other are surely nice touches, but, while yes, technically not impossible, is like saying is not technical impossible to build a Dyson sphere, just don't wait standing for it, specially if you are not the one doing it.

Others like a field hospital or art and music... are rather weird, how you propose it works? Perhaps explaining a bit more would help make a point.

As for rudeness, I did not had bad manners, neither am a neophyte or calling you anything.

And speaking of neophytes, things like seasonal, monthly, yearly (and more) are already quite possible and very easy to do with a few changes on a .txt file, and have been so for quite a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    With all do respect, are you high? Or just overly enthusiastic? Why are you writing like that?

Maybe you should also try to bullet your points, that migth make your post clearer.

Things like a random chance of a rider or its mount surviving the death of the other are surely nice touches, but, while yes, technically not impossible, is like saying is not technical impossible to build a Dyson sphere, just don't wait standing for it, specially if you are not the one doing it.

Others like a field hospital or art and music... are rather weird, how you propose it works? Perhaps explaining a bit more would help make a point.

As for rudeness, I did not had bad manners, neither am a neophyte or calling you anything.

And speaking of neophytes, things like seasonal, monthly, yearly (and more) are already quite possible and very easy to do with a few changes on a .txt file, and have been so for quite a few years now.

... yes, it migh make clearer. yes, you are rude, b/c now you don't like how i write, & you think picking is appropriate to your self-image such to the extent you think you are entitled to tell me you don't like how i write. why would i bother bulleting anything so-called people don't even give the benefit of face-value to? The features i mention, OBVIOUSLY, could be programmed by CA IF they wanted to. I don't even know why you would say they can't be, when clearly by precedent example, they could. In the instance of cavalry, that exists with other CA games, e.g. Shogun. In the instance of entering buildings & castle walls, that exists by equivalent precedent with Empire. The creative elements of more time period detail - greater selections of background music, time-period and cultural depictions of city, e.g. at a battle-map level for 1st person diplomacy/character development, travel mapping, diplomacy development, etc. are simple, entertaining elements that add substance to gaming past that of an all swords and bullets approach to game play. Finally, YES, as naturally high as kite on life as i can be in a world of hateful trolls