Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    eop already allows you to put tags in unit names

so you can have the same unit with different names. EXAMPLE:

-ARCHER MILITIA
    NORMANS

and

-ARCHER MILITIA
    SAXONS
    Awesome! That's a fantastic feature for roleplayers. Quick question: is there export_descr_building.txt scripting support to allow you to configure units trained in certain regions to automatically come with tags? For example:

Code:
    recruit_pool "roman infantry legionary generic"  1  0.04  1  0  requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource libya
    would just let you train a generic roman legion in Kyrene, but with this potential feature

Code:
    recruit_pool "roman infantry legionary generic" "Legio XVIII Libyca" 1  0.04  1  0  requires factions { f_rome, }  and hidden_resource libya
    the tag is automatically populated with "Legio XVIII Libyca". The player could always rename the tag (if that feature also exists)

Concerns Stratmap:
    I start the game with the Slave faction. Then I switch manually via the console to example hre (control hre).
    After that comes the command control slave again (plus toggle_fow) so that you can play by yourself via the AI.

In my campaign script I use "monitor_event Transgression TransgressionName = TC_INSTIGATE_SIEGE"
    and "monitor_event Transgression TransgressionName = TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT" so that the
    Control jumps back from slave to hre and the PreBattleScroll opens.
    This is not possible with TC_INSTIGATE_ASSAULT, GeneralAssaultsResidence or TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK.
    Here the script command to switch to control hre comes too late and I only see the result
    displayed. Trangsgression TC_INSTIGATE_ASSAULT doesn't seem to work at all.

Assault Settlement:
    Is there a possibility that the prebattlescroll comes before the result and the battle can be played?
    I tried it with Eventcounter, but it works very cumbersome.

In the Lua script there is another command "numberHumanFactions".
    What does this mean?

Hi, I would like to ask, I have been looking for a way for a long time how I could add for Fort for example Income 200 or something similar so that there is a reason to recharge Fort. Can anyone give me any advice on how to do it?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Use the Medieval 2 Engine Overhaul Project
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Hello, I follow your work with admiration. In order to increase the historical realism in the game:
    If we manage to get a unit inside the walls of a our city under siege, can this unit join the army defending the city? What I mean is that reinforcements are coming to the city defenders.
    Last edited by saltukbeg; February 13, 2024 at 09:42 PM.