Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Hows this for an idea, what could it be possible to change a factions name and symbol during a campaign? For example if certain conditions are met the factions name and symbol will change.

Or if a faction dies then a different faction could appear (being the same faction that died but now having a different name and symbol.

I think it is possible to do it. I've seen how the game stores faction symbols in .cas and regular images. But now there is no time to analyze this in detail.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Hi, youneuoy, I have another suggestion, could it be possible to change the settlement of a province when it's conquered by a specific faction? Currently we can change the name of the settlement and when 2 different settlements are really close, it can do the trick, but most of the time, that is not enough.

As an example of EBII mod: think of the province of Turdetania, when Carthaginian control it, it has the historical Barcid capital (Carmo) but when Romans conquer it, they have to keep that city. Historically, Romans prefered to favour another important settlement in that region: Corduba. It would be awesome if this could be represented in game.

I think that the main problem would be the roads, but maybe they could be also automatically changed if the capital of the province is also changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    Hi, youneuoy, I have another suggestion, could it be possible to change the settlement of a province when it's conquered by a specific faction? Currently we can change the name of the settlement and when 2 different settlements are really close, it can do the trick, but most of the time, that is not enough.

As an example of EBII mod: think of the province of Turdetania, when Carthaginian control it, it has the historical Barcid capital (Carmo) but when Romans conquer it, they have to keep that city. Historically, Romans prefered to favour another important settlement in that region: Corduba. It would be awesome if this could be represented in game.

I think that the main problem would be the roads, but maybe they could be also automatically changed if the capital of the province is also changed?
    Hello.
    I tried moving settlements and it didn't work. I think it will be necessary to come back to this later, when I finish the current changes. As for the names of the settlements, a little later I will add functions to the m2tweop scripts to change them.

Actually, this seems like an interesting idea to me.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Hello.
    I tried moving settlements and it didn't work. I think it will be necessary to come back to this later, when I finish the current changes. As for the names of the settlements, a little later I will add functions to the m2tweop scripts to change them.

Actually, this seems like an interesting idea to me.
    Thank you very much for wanting to como back to this mechanic later

Hello,

I have seen that the tool offer the possibility to add more religions. But does it also allow to add more than the current seven cultures ?

torf

Hello. No, it is not included in the list of features (and definitely does not come in the near future).

Thanks for this answer.

If we are thinking of changing a faction name during campaign, is it also possible to look into changing the faction's leader and heir titles (as stored in expanded.txt)? For example, you could merge two factions together who might have their faction leaders titled 'King x' at the start but when joined together (say with a kalmar union script) the title is changed to 'Emperor x'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron puppet of Saruman View Post
    If we are thinking of changing a faction name during campaign, is it also possible to look into changing the faction's leader and heir titles (as stored in expanded.txt)? For example, you could merge two factions together who might have their faction leaders titled 'King x' at the start but when joined together (say with a kalmar union script) the title is changed to 'Emperor x'.
    Yes, it is possible to do it (I mean directly changing the text for a specific character) and it will be in the new version.

Would it be possible to change the names of individual units in-game, like you are able to do in Empire Total War? Have a "1st Regiment", "2nd Regiment" and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Would it be possible to change the names of individual units in-game, like you are able to do in Empire Total War? Have a "1st Regiment", "2nd Regiment" and so on.
    You have the Legio mechanic which this tool also renames to whatever you want so you could have Regiment I Rome, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    You have the Legio mechanic which this tool also renames to whatever you want so you could have Regiment I Rome, etc
    I mean in-game, like you can edit city names. So you can give units nicknames and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    I mean in-game, like you can edit city names. So you can give units nicknames and so forth.
    even if this is done, it will probably not be done soon. Nevertheless, in the foreseeable future it will be possible in this way to edit those same 'legio' lines separately for each unit, giving them 'nicknames'.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The "sub_faction" line works in descr_strat but not in campaign_script. Any way to change that?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Is it not? I have been using it

I tried it but it doesn't work. Can you show an example from your campaign_script please?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

By doesnt work you mean it reports an error or the script works, but the names/models are simply not assigned? If its the latter I asume I have just not noticed it, as I use it kinda rarely...

The script works but the line has no effect

Hello

Currently, the buildings pictures and icons are culture related.

For exemple, in EBII, we have one culture for all the "barbarian factions". So we currently have the same buildings pictures and icons for factions celtic, germanic, iberian and getic factions.

Would it be possible to allow them to be faction specific ?