Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    So perhaps down the road, in the far future?
    I'm not sure, maybe yes.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

I mentioned this a few months ago but maybe it got lost in the flood of suggestions.

Would it be possible to turn off elephants ability to attack walls and gates?

This is a vestigial feature from RTW that does not work in M2TW. It screws up the assaulting AI in a siege if they have elephants in their army.

The whole assaulting army just stands still and does not used their seige equipment. If you kill their elephants then they will use their siege equipment as they normally would.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

What about making the siege attack work again?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

How about making, at the moment unrecrutable, agents recruitable?
    like the princess, the inquisitor, witches and heretic.

That would be heresy!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I have something that has always frustrated me: trading resources (see descr_sm_resources) are ideal for scripting purposes (monitors based on the presence of trading resources) as well as being repurposed for unique strat models like the wonders of RTW.

The problem is that these resources are fixed, in name as in quantity. Would be great if additional resources could be created.
    Made it possible to select a unique (or not unique, as anyone wants to do) model (from the list of models loaded by the game .cas) for the resource at specific coordinates.
    The writing in the program files looks like this:
    ModelChange:
    Model_path = "data / models_strat / residences / southern_european_town.CAS"

Today or tomorrow there will be a test version with this feature, later I will add something new and there will be a 1.19 release.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Great!

I already know what to do with this. In EBII, one of the ressources is used to represent minor settlements, but the model is of course unique, so you have stone walls with greek temples even in barbarian or nomadic regions. With this feature the map should be more immersive.

Wow! What a way to solve a problem by thinking outside the box! Could one change the models during the campaing or they are fixed? Either way, great job!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice, I suppose with this we can build stuff like The great Wall of China

Or just like Erken say, different small towns. If you can change the model trough scripts that check the ownership of the provinces you could end up with a strat-map effect that reflects who owns what and for how long.

Also, could you make some titles impassable with scripting? Otherwise that great wall will be merely a nice graphic.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 19, 2020 at 05:27 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Nice, I suppose with this we can build stuff like The great Wall of China

Like this? (from my Rise of three Kingdoms mod) Simply stick it on impassable ground or use a river without source (blocks like a river but is invisible).

Last edited by Gigantus; July 19, 2020 at 11:24 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Like this? (from my Rise of three Kingdoms mod) Simply stick it on impassable ground or use a river without source (blocks like a river but is invisible).

Yep, thats what I meant. You can save the trade resources for some actual trade resources now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    Made it possible to select a unique (or not unique, as anyone wants to do) model (from the list of models loaded by the game .cas) for the resource at specific coordinates.
    ModelChange:

Today or tomorrow there will be a test version with this feature, later I will add something new and there will be a 1.19 release.
    Trying to wrap my head around it:

I place a regular trade resource in descr_strat, let's say timber at 20, 45
    And then replace the CAS model of that particular trade resource placement with a CAS model of my choice?

Really cool, but the draw backs need addressing manually - the tool tip (timber) will remain the same and it will still be traded by the settlement as timber. It can be over come by dedicating the resource to this mechanic: set trade value to zero (no more trading) and generic text in the tool tip.

I suppose asking for a custom tooltip entry definition as well would be a bit much, right?

Text references are as follows

data\text\tooltips:
    {TMT_TIMBER_TOOLTIP}Timber - a valuable trade resource

data\text\strat (not sure if this is only used in the settlement trade screen - in which case a replacement is not required due to zero value resources not being displayed)
    {SMT_RESOURCE_TIMBER}Timber
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 20, 2020 at 12:53 AM.

Trying to wrap my head around it:

I place a regular trade resource in descr_strat, let's say timber at 20, 45
    And then replace the CAS model of that particular trade resource placement with a CAS model of my choice?

Really cool, but the draw backs need addressing manually - the tool tip (timber) will remain the same and it will still be traded by the settlement as timber. It can be over come by dedicating the resource to this mechanic: set trade value to zero (no more trading) and generic text in the tool tip.

I suppose asking for a custom tooltip entry definition as well would be a bit much, right?
    Something like that. Only this .cas model needs to be loaded into the game (I'm not sure if this can be improved somehow). That is, for example, you can use extra settlements slots in the residences\faction_variants folder, etc.

Blog Entries

That could be an issue then: whatever is in the faction_variant folders will be used by the game if it is referenced in descr_cultures. And if it isn't in descr_cultures - like castle levels for aztecs - will it be loaded in the game?

There is a workaround obviously: enter the unused levels for the faction but make sure they are not used in EDB.

That could be an issue then: whatever is in the faction_variant folders will be used by the game if it is referenced in descr_cultures. And if it isn't in descr_cultures - like castle levels for aztecs - will it be loaded in the game?

There is a workaround obviously: enter the unused levels for the faction but make sure they are not used in EDB.
    Well, so far it turns out that way. You can also use the models of forts and ports(or watchtowers) - in any case, this expands the standard capabilities quite well. I'll try to improve it somehow, but I'm not sure if it will work.

ModelChange:

Would it be possible to expand this feature to include forts as well? I'm thinking of demoting Cirth Ungol in TATW to a fort in a submod, and this method would be great to give it a unique campaign model without using up an entire fort slot for a single unique fort model that is dependent on that specific location.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Is it possible to make named forts?

There is already a modding method for it but it uses a lot of work around.
    I would like to see it more simple and functional.

Did something else interesting - now .cas models for resources should not be written anywhere in game files and they no longer occupy a slot in faction_variants.

Link12
    For forts and settlements it will be more difficult to do, so it will probably be done later.

I will probably deal with this later (I saw how it is implemented now, it terrified me), now I am carried away with working with models.

Did something else interesting - now .cas models for resources should not be written anywhere in game files and they no longer occupy a slot in faction_variants.
    I.. honestly don't know what this means, but sure seems like something big for pro-modders.

You think you could override the tooltip on certain coordinates so the same resource can have different tooltips to denote different things on different locations?

Congratulations on the new release.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 21, 2020 at 08:41 AM.