Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

franky317's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: What do you think is missing in MTW2? Here we make update plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungrykitten View Post
    [/CENTER]
    Ah. I didn't notice that post above until now! That is great news!

in bellum crucis 7, there is a script that solves this problem :-)

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Ok after some weeks following this project I feel finally ready to throw my wishlist.

Its nothing but my 50 cents, no demanding or hurrying.
    This project has already achieved great things and anything else that comes will be welcome.
    Please ignore if anything I enlist here is too absurd, Im just an enthusiast.

Here we go:

1 - Fix the widescreen resolution stretch (already being done by Aura)
    2 - Reactivate the wall_level in export_descr_buildings.txt (maybe the fortification level in the .worldpackage files too)
    3 - Reactivate the settlement plans (so to make possible development of unique settlements, just imagine upgrading a historical city level by level each one having his own custom battlemodel. The system exists in the engine since Rome but was disabled in med2)
    4 - Reactivate the capacity of some units to hit gates (in Rome, elehpants could hit and breach gates, thats would be awesome for trolls and giants in fantasy mods for med2)
    5 - Reactivate the Testudo formation.
    6 - Expand the hardcoded limit of resources (its currently 27)
    7 - Fix the bug where generic stratmap settlement models shows up where unique models should be while the map is under fog.
    8 - Reactivate the sub-faction parameter in campaing_script.txt. (currently it works in descr_strat only, means we cant spawn armies with subfaction in via script, and this causes limitations for the recently discovered trick of having unique animations for generals of the same faction)
    9 - Activate the control_faction console command in single player campaigns.
    10 - Reactivate the can_swim attribute in export_descr_units.txt. In case this could help flying units to pass over rivers and lakes. Check item 11 for more complex possibilities.
    11 - Creating a new attribute for units in export_descr_units.txt to ignore pathfinding blockage in battlefield and preferably also in stratmap, so this way flying units would finally work like they should, flying over walls, buildings and ignoring cliffs.
    12 - Units with a single man (for monsters like dragons, Balrog, giants etc)
    13- Allowing the provoke_rebelion command to be triggered via script without any condition, and alongside with it the ability to decide what unit will take control of the settlement in the rebelion (just imagine a script that creates a rebelion in a dwarven mountain settlement and the unit taking control of the settlement is a dragon, so you will need to retake te settlement with an army, and get great bounties by killing the dragon)
    14 - A new interface to access diplomacy at any time without the need of diplomats. (let me dream)
    15 - Reactivate the variation box for settlements in .worldpackage files. (currently, it works only for forts and bring us infinite possibilities. Reactivating it for settlements too would be a huge breakthrough, and I guess this is quite possible since its a vanilla feature.)
    16 - Allow spawn_army to work over ports. Currently, you cant spawn an army over a port via script.

Thats it. I'll update the list if more things come to my mind.

just added one more item to my wishlist
    №16 Done It seems like that.
    Although there are still problems with this, I will postpone it for later.
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 05, 2020 at 02:40 PM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Hey I was wondering if it was possible or not (as in whether it was part of the doable thing in opposition to the hardcoded limits like the number of regions and units where it would take multiple years and people to achieve) to implement other buttons to family trees in order to have multiple family trees.

In order to clear it out let me show and exemple:

Playing parthia EB2

Tree one : Royal family you have girls and boys,

The boys build up the family tree and stay in this tab,

The girls would go to tree 2 (see below)

Tree Two: noble families

This is the family tree of the men who married into the royal family,

Those would be your Suren, Mihran, Karen clans,

This tab would only display them (more tabs and buttons would be better but It would need to be a dynamic button creation which I think would be out of the scope).

This would have the added advantage of recreating the feel of having layers of vassals and distinguish the royal family's throne and center of power in opposition to their vassals. It would require to make it so that either royal princesses would only either be unable to marry or even better be "dead" in the royal tree (would be awsome if this "death" could be labelled as married for just the royal princess) and would trigger a marriage between one of the unmarried noble of the tree N°2 or spawn a "marriable" character in the tree N°2.

I'm not aware of the limits of the your projects (except the hardcoded ones talked about earlier) so this might be just the dream of a guy who wants more CKII in his medieval 2
    Last edited by blackbirdgriffin; July 06, 2020 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Clarity and typos

blackbirdgriffin

Hello!

Yes, actually something like that is possible. It is possible to distinguish characters by status, family ties, etc. (you can also do this on any other basis, for example traits).
    I had an idea to make a completely new tree with all the faction characters, but I refused it due to lack of time (this is a real limitation). I think it will be necessary to return to this sooner or later, but I will do everything very slowly (since I am simultaneously performing several tasks), and with the available set of technical solutions, this now could be done by almost any programmer who is familiar with c ++ and is somewhat familiar with graphics (working with a lot of game data in a project now looks like working with ordinary structures, I also wrote a lot of auxiliary technical functions).
    Answer:
    probably something like this will be done, but if I continue to do this alone, then most likely it will not happen soon, if of course the project exists at all until that moment.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

That is some awsome news, such a thing beeing feesible is really great for roleplayers such as me and will no doubt have tremendous effects on the possibility of implementing extra administration "features" in mods.

Regarding your "manpower requirement" maybe posting you could do a post with the exact requirement in terms of modding and sheer workloads for the heavy tasks (the one which I mentionned as well as regarding to the edits and addition to the hardcoded limits of the units slots regions etc...) in order to be able to define the work load, establish the required skills in order to fulfill said tasks and have built works groups with the people that can help, This could be applied to any "big tasks" present in your project's plan (the limits are used because I've seen you state that it would be a huge workload).

(I'm not sure if this is there right place to say that or if it's redundant with something else tell me so that I can edit/move said suggestion).

edit: Defining the workload and the "skills" required could allow you to unload tasks that require little "skills" to be unloaded onto people who have time while not blocking the entire project itself, etc...
    Last edited by blackbirdgriffin; July 06, 2020 at 06:12 AM.

blackbirdgriffin
    Not sure if it's worth it. If there are those who want to help, then they themselves can write about it. I think somewhere in a post with instructions or something similar I’ll write that I would not mind someone else participating in the project (although this should be obvious), I will also probably mention this in posts with updates programs.
    It seems to me that many who could contribute to the programming of the project are too busy with their modifications(at the same time, there are not so many modifications being developed now, and among their developers there are probably only a few people who have programming skills in C ++ and assembler).

Fair enough that makes sense

Would it be possible to sack a city without taking that city, (giving it over to rebels) simliare how hordes do it?
    maybe adding or replacing one of the postsiegebattle decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    Would it be possible to sack a city without taking that city, (giving it over to rebels) simliare how hordes do it?
    maybe adding or replacing one of the postsiegebattle decision?
    It sounds interesting and it seems to me that this can be done. I just need to think it over better, and then find the time for this. Maybe I should also try to do something else like what is in shogun 2 - that is, the forced establishment of a vassal state when capturing the last city, etc.
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 07, 2020 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    It sounds interesting and it seems to me that this can be done. I just need to think it over better, and then find the time for this. Maybe I should also try to do something else like what is in shogun 2 - that is, the forced establishment of a vassal state when capturing the last city, etc.
    That would also be awesome
    But take your time

Can this make the game use more than 2gb of ram? What about 40 unit armies for M2TW?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    Can this make the game use more than 2gb of ram? What about 40 unit armies for M2TW?
    Your first item would require modifying the .exe file, which is illegal. Use programs like Large Address Aware.
    The second point now makes no sense to implement, it would work very unstable.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Ok after some weeks following this project I feel finally ready to throw my wishlist.

Its nothing but my 50 cents, no demanding or hurrying.
    This project has already achieved great things and anything else that comes will be welcome.
    Please ignore if anything I enlist here is too absurd, Im just an enthusiast.

Here we go:

1 - Fix the widescreen resolution stretch (already being done by Aura)
    2 - Reactivate the wall_level in export_descr_buildings.txt (maybe the fortification level in the .worldpackage files too)
    3 - Reactivate the settlement plans (so to make possible development of unique settlements, just imagine upgrading a historical city level by level each one having his own custom battlemodel. The system exists in the engine since Rome but was disabled in med2)
    4 - Reactivate the capacity of some units to hit gates (in Rome, elehpants could hit and breach gates, thats would be awesome for trolls and giants in fantasy mods for med2)
    5 - Reactivate the Testudo formation.
    6 - Expand the hardcoded limit of resources (its currently 27)
    7 - Fix the bug where generic stratmap settlement models shows up where unique models should be while the map is under fog.
    8 - Reactivate the sub-faction parameter in campaing_script.txt. (currently it works in descr_strat only, means we cant spawn armies with subfaction in via script, and this causes limitations for the recently discovered trick of having unique animations for generals of the same faction)
    9 - Activate the control_faction console command in single player campaigns.
    10 - Reactivate the can_swim attribute in export_descr_units.txt. In case this could help flying units to pass over rivers and lakes. Check item 11 for more complex possibilities.
    11 - Creating a new attribute for units in export_descr_units.txt to ignore pathfinding blockage in battlefield and preferably also in stratmap, so this way flying units would finally work like they should, flying over walls, buildings and ignoring cliffs.
    12 - Units with a single man (for monsters like dragons, Balrog, giants etc)
    13- Allowing the provoke_rebelion command to be triggered via script without any condition, and alongside with it the ability to decide what unit will take control of the settlement in the rebelion (just imagine a script that creates a rebelion in a dwarven mountain settlement and the unit taking control of the settlement is a dragon, so you will need to retake te settlement with an army, and get great bounties by killing the dragon)
    14 - A new interface to access diplomacy at any time without the need of diplomats. (let me dream)
    15 - Reactivate the variation box for settlements in .worldpackage files. (currently, it works only for forts and bring us infinite possibilities. Reactivating it for settlements too would be a huge breakthrough, and I guess this is quite possible since its a vanilla feature.)
    16 - Allow spawn_army to work over ports. Currently, you cant spawn an army over a port via script.
    17 - Enable both temporary and permanent forts in campaign. Preferably, allowing modders to decide wich faction (or at least culture) will be able to build them.

Thats it. I'll update the list if more things come to my mind.
    I just added one more item (17).

For now the engine allows forts to be set by the beggining of the campaign via descr_strat, and they can be permanent (no need of garrison)

But the capacity of some factions to build temporary forts during the campaign would also be welcome if existing alongside with the permanent ones.

So this way the permanent ones would remain strong structures with gates and walls, while the temporary ones could be a faction feature (for example, exclusive for dwarves), and they would actually not be forts but field fortifications (trenches, blockages, bunkers, stationary trebuchets, small wooden towers etc.)

The engine already allow us to create these custom battlemap forts via IWTE, all we need is allowing them to be both permanent (set via descr_strat) and temporary (built during campaign).

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Uh oh don't quote me on this Leo but I think that you already can do it with the tool, or in the next update.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I just added one more item (17).

For now the engine allows forts to be set by the beggining of the campaign via descr_strat, and they can be permanent (no need of garrison)

But the capacity of some factions to build temporary forts during the campaign would also be welcome if existing alongside with the permanent ones.

So this way the permanent ones would remain strong structures with gates and walls, while the temporary ones could be a faction feature (for example, exclusive for dwarves), and they would actually not be forts but field fortifications (trenches, blockages, bunkers, stationary trebuchets, small wooden towers etc.)

The engine already allow us to create these custom battlemap forts via IWTE, all we need is allowing them to be both permanent (set via descr_strat) and temporary (built during campaign).
    This has already been implemented and will be in update 1.18. Info about it here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15931531

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Uh oh don't quote me on this Leo but I think that you already can do it with the tool, or in the next update.
    +
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 08, 2020 at 06:33 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    №16 Done It seems like that.
    Although there are still problems with this, I will postpone it for later.
    Good good...

franky317's Avatar Libertus

I thought of one thing, can you have a window where you can monitor the progress of religions in the various cities?

the possibility of changing religion based on percentage could be created as in attila.

if it's too complicated, could you have a button that gives this command? then based on the faction you choose which religion to change.

another thing, a button to become horde? the command works via console and via script it works it would be great to have a dedicated button.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I have something that has always frustrated me: trading resources (see descr_sm_resources) are ideal for scripting purposes (monitors based on the presence of trading resources) as well as being repurposed for unique strat models like the wonders of RTW.

The problem is that these resources are fixed, in name as in quantity. Would be great if additional resources could be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I have something that has always frustrated me: trading resources (see descr_sm_resources) are ideal for scripting purposes (monitors based on the presence of trading resources) as well as being repurposed for unique strat models like the wonders of RTW.

The problem is that these resources are fixed, in name as in quantity. Would be great if additional resources could be created.
    No, adding a new resource would be very difficult (about the same as increasing the unit type limit in edu).
    Quote Originally Posted by franky317 View Post
    I thought of one thing, can you have a window where you can monitor the progress of religions in the various cities?
    the possibility of changing religion based on percentage could be created as in attila.
    if it's too complicated, could you have a button that gives this command? then based on the faction you choose which religion to change.
    another thing, a button to become horde? the command works via console and via script it works it would be great to have a dedicated button.
    I think later it would be possible to come up with something with your first proposal and even later with the second)
    Last edited by youneuoy; July 14, 2020 at 07:52 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

So perhaps down the road, in the far future?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.