Thread: Legion recruitment in Pella?

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Default Legion recruitment in Pella?

It has been an extremely long time since I posted in this forum.

I've played RSII for 10 years, on an off, and it continues to be my favourite mod for any TW game. I even had a very popular AAR back in the day.

However, it still does occasionally have frustrating issues and this is one of them.

So, I'm doing my first Rome playthrough (yeah, I know). I usually like to play as one of Rome's enemies and rewrite history, but I thought I'd give myself the challenge of playing as Rome, and make it more challenging by trying to play as historically accurate as possible, rather than being "smart" in terms of the game. This means holding on to my tenuous grip in Iberia and Illyria, fighting on 4 fronts from the very beginning (Italy, Iberia, Africa, Macedonia) and dealing with a garbage economy with very slow development, as I have to spam as many legions as I can afford.

It has been very challenging, and very satisfying. I have destroyed Carthage, am at constant war with the Galleci in Iberia, have pushed as far east as Thessalonike, and taken over the entirety of Greece. I have got past the Marian reforms, and the named legions are wonderful.

Most of my Greek and Macedonian settlements have terrible public order, which is challenging to deal with given my constant need for legions in Iberia causing extremely slow growth in terms of my economy and spending. To further compound this, I'm having to deal with Boii incursions from Cisalpine Gaul.

With all of this in mind, in order to ease my problems in the provinces of Greece and Macedonia, I have decided to make Pella the administrative capital, and quickly built a Campus Martius and Roman Fortress.

Everything functioned properly up to and including the Campus Martius, but upon building the Roman Fortress, not only is the Macedonian Legion unavailable for recruitment, but I can't even recruit regular legionaries anymore. I'm not sure what I did wrong, or if there is a fix. I think perhaps I accidentally deleted the Macedonian "Mercenary and Regional Recruitment" part along with the Macedonian barracks. But there is no option anywhere to rebuild it. Is there something I can do in the script?

Thanks,

Jim

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Legion recruitment in Pella?

Right so I've tried using Edessa instead, relying on a different AOR map.

Same problem. Built the Roman Fortress, V Macedonia just doesn't exist.

Help?