Thread: Trade regions

Default Trade regions

hi
    i read something about give region to another faction....is there a way to do that? i want to get rid of one region that give me just problems

Default Re: Trade regions

So far this hasnt been done yet, I know that CA released some tools for region trading but I dont know why no one has made a mod about it.

thanx. i have to keep this unuseful region. bad

Jake is already working on region trade submod.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    So far this hasnt been done yet, I know that CA released some tools for region trading but I dont know why no one has made a mod about it.
    afaik, the only active scripters for rome 2 are inside DeI.
    Plus, the trade_region function is extremely rigid and needs a "to be built scripted system" around it. Otherwise it would be just poop.
    It's not hard to do but there are other "priorities" (at least for me) as for now.

What could be more important than region trading? 'tis the most missed feature.

we cannot debate priorities of modders...we can just beg without dignity to make the stuff we need about trading regions

Scion of Africanus's Avatar Libertus

Well, in the meantime, Gongo, why don't you share your region woes with us? Let's see if we can help you remedy it. I had regions like that on the fringe of my territory (Pannonia and Dacia) as Makedon but they are peaceful and productive now.
    Last edited by Scion of Africanus; April 29, 2020 at 02:28 PM.
    "All warfare is based on deception."

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Region trade is just a couple lines of script, or a single payload. 5 minute work. Hard part is creating an immersive system for it. Surely "press button>take region" kind of event would be too arcadey. Thats why Jake and the team need time to think of ideas.

i have just patavium of cisalpina region, i have very good relation with insubres but in war with raeti (and with carthage). so giving patavium to insubres could give me a boost in relations with a key friend and protect me from barbarians