Thread: Color of the selection circles around characters and settlements in stratmap.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Color of the selection circles around characters and settlements in stratmap.

There is that green brackets around a character or a settlement when you select them in strat map.

Their image files are black and white, so the green must be set in a text file somewhere, I believe.

Where is the green set?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Color of the selection circles around characters and settlements in stratmap.

The TGA files are #select_01 for characters and #select_settlement_01 for the settlement (data\models_strat\textures). I had assumed the color is set by descr_ui_colors but couldn't find a corresponding entry in there.
    The CAS files are designated in descr_start_sundries (selection...cas), tried playing with the opacity value but other then making the symbol disappear at values below 0.2 it had no effect.
    Darkening the white area of the TGA reduced brightness (see pic), using other color shades results in 'mixing' with green, eg red ends up as dark purple. Still no trace where the color value is set.

Note: the CAS file appears to be a dummy for the sake of using a particular texture: filling the whole TGA file with a color results in a solid square.

Last edited by Gigantus; April 27, 2020 at 11:45 PM.

Default Re: Color of the selection circles around characters and settlements in stratmap.

Yes, thanks gig.
    I already had that conclusions before you posted, anyway.

The best I managed to get was this:

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

That looks pretty awesome, honestly. What more did you want to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    That looks pretty awesome, honestly. What more did you want to change?
    Only settlement and character selectors.

By the way, anyone willing to do this must put not only the texture but also the .cas files into your mod's folder.