Thread: [AWARD]chriscase for Phalera

Flinn's Avatar The power of the Dark Side is unlimited! (cash)
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

Blog Entries

Default [AWARD]chriscase for Phalera

Awarded for exceptional input or other significant contributions to non-TW sections of the boards.

chriscase for Phalera

"Beware of the Princess, she's got tunderballs!"

And here we are again . It's my most pleasure to be here today to introduce you the awesome chriscase and to ask you to reward him with what I consider to be a very deserved and long overdue Phalera.
    If I have to use a word to define chris, “practical” is the first one that comes to my mind, at the least for what concerns his input in the PH&A. At this regard, I think most of you know that I've been doing plenty of posting there and that almost 5 years ago I've been awarded with the Phalera for such contributions.. since then I had hundreds of new posts there, so if there's anyone who knows what's going on in the PH&A, than that's me. If you wonder why I'm telling you so, than it's simple: the PH&A is a somewhat "niche" area here at TWC, still many members benefited from it and from the time and dedication spent by few members in trying to help those at needs.

In this regard, chriscase has been a constant, and a blessing to many who came there to look for help with their personal struggles; even before I joined TWC, he was already posting and helping people in the PH&A.. the active community there changed many times over years, and none the less he is still a firm point, having posted hundreds and hundreds of helpful advises. His style is quite the opposite of mine: I'm usually extremely theoretical and verbose, while he's practical and direct, and his suggestions are always straight and aim at the point(s) in question. From my perspective both approaches are valid and indeed I always considered him to be the perfect counterpart for my input, let's say that we somewhat formed a perfect duo; while this was never intentional, I can ensure you that it was very beneficial to those we tried to help. He's a mature and experienced dude, with a very practical approach to life, and he's been absolutely able to transmit that into his posts in the PH&A.

I myself benefited from his help in many circumstances, and believe me it's not easy to convince one like me, who's used to consider himself a very level-headed dude, of anything, the less about my own personal struggles. Just lurk my thread about marriage, or the one about following my dreams, this one about my midlife crisis or the most recent one about drinking issues.

I've put mine on the top because I consider the arguments discussed to be rather complex, therefore they are a good example of the level of thinking and efforts chriscase has been putting into his posts in the PH&A. Below is a list of some other examples:

Brew's struggles, yet another very complex thread
    Dealing with negative feelings
    Talks about dealing with an alcoholic dude
    Some advises on how to chose path in life
    Dealing with negativism
    Marriage struggles, cheating
    On love
    Some discussion of psychology

Those above are just but few examples; speaking of the PH&A, whose purpose is to help people rather than posting qualitative stuff per sé, it is more a matter of how much effective one is in achieving to actually help people, and I've witnessed myself that he's usually very good at that.

Besides, even if this Phalera is specifically orientated at chriscase's contributions in the PH&A, since the Award in itself is generally speaking aimed at rewarding qualitative posts, it's still worth to mention that he's been posting extensively in the D&D and that he's known to be a respectful debater and contributor, in particular in the EEM and Arts, just few examples below:

Supra-Spatio-Temporality
    A lucid discussion
    Discussion of "reasonable faith"
    Man with a harmonica

He even had his own piece of Creative writing, just to mention it.

So, I think that by now you should have got a clear picture about who chriscase is and what he did for the site in his 12 years long struggles at TWC.. a fine and polite dude, who is not as showy as others, but who has been contributing steadily over the years and who has helped many in their most delicate struggels.

Flinn,
    Of the Church
    Of the Latter Day Dude
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [AWARD]chriscase for Phalera

Support.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temerand Cope

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Support
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

A fine fellow that has put a lot of effort in the PH&A for sure. And from what I have seen, which is by far not everything but still, the contributions always tend to be of high quality indeed.

Support.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Support
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Primicerius

Consent.
    Ich gebe immer noch
    Immer noch
    Ich taumle weiter
    Vorwärts! Abwärts!
    In meinen Adern fließt das schwarze Blut
    ASP - Schwarzes Blut

My Mods

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

His contributions in the EMM were some of the most intruiging philosophical arguments I have had the opportunity to consider so far. Obvious support.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal/Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

Support

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Blog Entries

Vote here.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temerand Cope

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman