Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Coronavirus outbreak - From China to the World.

More news on using artificial light to help control the virus:

https://news.columbia.edu/ultraviole...id-19-UV-light

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    So you didn't read the article, didn't you? Seems like asking for information that is already known to everyone in this thread is rather repetitive and disruptive.
    I think repeatedly lying about something we all saw on video is disruptive and dishonest. Asking you to explain something you claim is “obvious” isn’t disruptive, it’s giving you a chance to explain yet another Trump comment.

If it is so obvious, if it is so easily explained, if abides by common sense, then why are you refusing to answer? Instead of making up another excuse, like attacking us for ignoring context, not reading the article, or some other half assed tangent, explain Trump’s remarks to us fully and explain why liberal critics are wrong. By your own admission, this task is easy and fast, yet you refuse to do it.

I think the obvious answer here is that you can’t and you will come up with any excuse to avoid doing so. Because the reality is that Trump’s comments are retarded and none of your explanations are immune to common sense criticism which would point out the obvious nonsensical syntax of Trump’s utterances.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    I think repeatedly lying about something we all saw on video is disruptive and dishonest. Asking you to explain something you claim is “obvious” isn’t disruptive, it’s giving you a chance to explain yet another Trump comment.

If it is so obvious, if it is so easily explained, if abides by common sense, then why are you refusing to answer? Instead of making up another excuse, like attacking us for ignoring context, not reading the article, or some other half assed tangent, explain Trump’s remarks to us fully and explain why liberal critics are wrong. By your own admission, this task is easy and fast, yet you refuse to do it.

I think the obvious answer here is that you can’t and you will come up with any excuse to avoid doing so. Because the reality is that Trump’s comments are retarded and none of your explanations are immune to common sense criticism which would point out the obvious nonsensical syntax of Trump’s utterances.
    Every time Dr. Trump gives us his expert opinion medical professionals have to take time out to sigh heavily and announce that no, you cannot treat the virus by injecting air into your veins or whatever it is this time, and that it will probably kill you if you try. Then his supporters use doublethink to believe he never said what he is recorded as saying, and at the same time believe what he said is brilliant.

Is there anything he could say that might break the spell? If he suggested killing the virus by putting a loaded shotgun in your mouth and pulling the trigger would they defend even that? I honestly can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Every time Dr. Trump gives us his expert opinion medical professionals have to take time out to sigh heavily and announce that no, you cannot treat the virus by injecting air into your veins or whatever it is this time, and that it will probably kill you if you try. Then his supporters use doublethink to believe he never said what he is recorded as saying, and at the same time believe what he said is brilliant.

Is there anything he could say that might break the spell? If he suggested killing the virus by putting a loaded shotgun in your mouth and pulling the trigger would they defend even that? I honestly can't say.
    I gave up on hardcore Trump supporters a long time ago. I shouldn't have to treat Trump's words like a biblical verse and ponder for generations on the exact meaning of his words. Two pages of this thread have been dedicated to debate over what Trump "actually meant" to say or what his words "actually mean". Trump has issued a statement that his remarks were "sarcasm", which is completely erratic in the context of the presentation he gave. Sarcastic over what? And obviously, the White House's statement is completely different from what the sycophants in this thread claimed Trump originally meant to say.

It's safe to say that I will enjoy reading the three layered explanations that will attempt to cohere the various explanations, the white house statement, and the original "disinfectant" remark togehter.

Default Re: Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

The title of the thread is misleading, as it turns out, as per the transcript, that no such suggestion was made by Trump.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

The title of the thread is misleading, as it turns out, as per the transcript, that no such suggestion was made by Trump.

Repeating the lie won't make it true. Just accept that Trump said something colossally idiotic and move on.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Ok, just imagine this: If some reporter asked of Trump "could it be effective to inject yourself with desinfectant?" then the right answer to give would be "I'm no medical doctor, but I would strenuously advise against any treatment that hasn't been thoroughly tested by qualified scientists and prescribed by your GP". That is what you might expect a president to say. You would not expect him to utter the possibility himself on national television, without prior consultation with experts. That is not worthy of a leader. Say all you want about partisanship of media/people latching on to ridicule Trump for political gain, but any attempt to defend this as something that's ok for a president to say is a complete admission of unassailable partisanship in itself. We really no longer need to consider even an attempt at objectivity from anyone who might do so.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    More news on using artificial light to help control the virus:
    https://news.columbia.edu/ultraviole...id-19-UV-light
    Ah, still trying to shift the focus, I see. Good luck.

The video, the transcript, and later Trump acknowledging it, have already been posted. He suggested injecting disinfectants which he later said he was being sarcastic. Trump already ran you over with his metaphorical bus. Why are twitching after so many days?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Repeating the lie won't make it true. Just accept that Trump said something colossally idiotic and move on.
    I'm going as per the transcript. Which shows that Trump never suggested injection of disinfectant. Just accept that you bought another dumb thing that legacy tabloid journos made up because it corresponded with your bias and move on.
    This thread has a misleading title, because no such suggestion was made by Trump.

Citizen

I'm going as per the transcript. Which shows that Trump never suggested injection of disinfectant. Just accept that you bought another dumb thing that legacy tabloid journos made up because it corresponded with your bias and move on.
    This thread has a misleading title, because no such suggestion was made by Trump.
    Your own source contradicts your claim. Add to that the fact that he acknowledged that he said the thing, trying to play it off as sarcasm.

On another note, here's Australia's Chief Medical Officer trying to contain his giggles at the stupidity of Trump's comments

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

That would require an instance of Trump suggesting that, according to transcript he merely asked if it could be used in treatment, as per the ongoing discussion of, well, treatment. So no, Trump never suggested infecting disinfectant.

I get that your posts have a history of picking up ever ORANGE MAN BAD claim out there, but at this point you are only discrediting your narrative.

Also, as facts have shown, the title of is misleading, as it turns out, as per the transcript, that no such suggestion was made by Trump.

That would require an instance of Trump suggesting that, according to transcript he merely asked if it could be used in treatment, as per the ongoing discussion of, well, treatment. So no, Trump never suggested infecting disinfectant.
    I get that your posts have a history of picking up ever ORANGE MAN BAD claim out there, but at this point you are only discrediting your narrative.
    Also, as facts have shown, the title of is misleading, as it turns out, as per the transcript, that no such suggestion was made by Trump.
    That's literally what "suggesting" means.

suggest
    sug·​gest | \ səg-ˈjest, sə-ˈjest \

suggested; suggesting; suggests

Definition of suggest

transitive verb
    1 a: to mention or imply as a possibility
    suggested that he might bring his family

b: to propose as desirable or fitting
    suggest a stroll

c: to offer for consideration or as a hypothesis
    suggest a solution to a problem

2 a: to call to mind by thought or association
    the explosion … suggested sabotage— F. L. Paxson

b: to serve as a motive or inspiration for
    a play suggested by a historic incident

3 a: to call forth : EVOKE
    b
    obsolete : to seek to influence : SEDUCE
    The Armenian Issue

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post
    So your defence is based on the premise that Trump is THAT dumb that he wouldn't actually know that injecting disinfectant is a really bad idea??? Amazing.

Tell me. Why would you slavishly devote yourself to a man who you freely admit is a moron?

A.B.A.P.

So now you admit that he never suggested that. Good. Now we need to change the misleading thread title.

Citizen

Except he did. Repeating your lie won't make it true.

A.B.A.P.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

In the rather fun Trumpian tradition, can we now call him Disinfectant Don in all future references?

Except he did. Repeating your lie won't make it true.
    Not according to transcript of what actually was said. I mean I thought we even made some progress here, when you switched goalposts from saying Trump suggested that to quoting a post saying that Trump was stupid to ask about possible treatments during a pandemic.
    Saying that facts are lies if they contradict your worldview just enforces the accurate realistic stereotype about woke anti-Trump crowd being irrational and delusional .

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    In the rather fun Trumpian tradition, can we now call him Disinfectant Don in all future references?
    Disinfectant Donnie has a nice ring to it.

Not according to transcript of what actually was said. I mean I thought we even made some progress here,
    The transcript contradicts your claim, dude.

when you switched goalposts from saying Trump suggested that to quoting a post saying that Trump was stupid to ask about possible treatments during a pandemic.
    No goalposts were changed, just explaining what your "defense" is relying on. Whether he was just asking about it or suggesting it (which he did), the guy is a moron. He even acknowledged his suggestion, which if you're still denying, you're also insinuating that your idol is a liar. Any way you look at it, you're defending the indefensible.

Saying that facts are lies if they contradict your worldview just enforces the accurate realistic stereotype about woke anti-Trump crowd being irrational and delusional .
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That's literally what "suggesting" means.
    So now you admit that he never suggested that. Good. Now we need to change the misleading thread title.
    You're ignoring dictionary definitions now? Why do you even keep denying? He said it. You're gonna have to live with it. Heck, the best you could do was to suggest that he didn't suggest but asked about it. By your own standards he was that dumb.
    The Armenian Issue

The transcript contradicts your claim, dude.
    Congrats, you just admitted to the whole forum that you haven't even read it.
    Again, read the transcript. Your opinion is irrelevant. Trump did not suggest injecting disinfectant. I mean you can repeat same false statement over and over again, but that will just make your posts fit the "woke" stereotype even more.