Thread: Suggestions for a good faction list

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Suggestions for a good faction list

I am trying to make my own mod merging unit packs posted here in Total War Center based in 18th century. Since I am using "32_factions in custom battles", which factions would you suggest? I am thinking about up to 30 factions. Thanks.

PS. If someone know how to make any faction playable in campaigns I would appreciate if you let me know.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Suggestions for a good faction list

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    PS. If someone know how to make any faction playable in campaigns I would appreciate if you let me know.
    If you're talking about making any faction playable by adding a mod, most hosted mods unlock factions and make changes to game-play. If you prefer the vanilla game-play, you could use Empire Total Factions or All Factions Unlocked.

If you mean by making any faction playable by creating a mod yourself, the best starting point I know of is husserlTW's advice which is linked from this post.

Anyone can marge unit packs for your own use if you want to. However, I believe that Empire has a maximum number of units which can be recruited from a region and, if this is exceeded, the unit recrruitment panel for that region will go blank. Also, if you want to release on TWC a mod which you made by merging other people's mods, you'll need the permission of the modders who created the unit packs (and to give them credit).

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Suggestions for a good faction list

Hi Alwyn,

I will use the mod privately, I am merging unit packs and I probably add some marches and loading screens. However, the size of the unit file is being monstruous: around 5 gb, I don't know how to mod so I am only merging units through Pack File Manager from a fair amount of unit packs. However, some unit packs don't work properly and when specific units are selected the game crashes. I am "cleaning" those units through "units to exclusive faction permissions" to avoid crashes, however, the pack is notoriously unoptimized because I don't have enough skills to remove units in a pack file.

For factions I am using the mod 32 factions in custom battles. I don't know if this mod can do the same with campaign factions.