Thread: Ultima Ratio

Miltonr87's Avatar Foederatus

Icon1 Ultima Ratio

This mod came up from the need to significantly improve the game's graphics. I took based on constant editions made in the "Napoleon Graphics for Empire" created by Bran Mac Born and that thing was taking an increasingly complex course... so this version has focus on originality and does not change the base of Vanilla, which eliminates the possibility of bugs and corrupted files. It also does not prevent multiplayer matches against ordinary Vanilla users...

It is a simple compilation of the best what I found here at Total War Center. I have almost 300 hours of gameplay with it and no bugs. It is very well adapted for simple notebooks too and I am extremely grateful to all original authors, where I put myself only in the role of editor for polish their works. Thanks to all the creators who allowed this simple edition:

Bran Mac Born
    -Durango-
    Herr Doctor
    Bavarian Grenadier
    SwissHalberdier
    General Andy
    Pike Stance
    JFC

All changes can be seen here -> ULTIMA RATIO

Last edited by Miltonr87; May 16, 2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: logo edited!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Ultima Ratio

Well done on the release Miltonr! +rep

If you like, feel free to post an announcement about your mod in this thread, and word will get spread around the forum a bit. You can also apply for a feature on the Front Page.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...mpire-C-amp-O)

Excellent work, fired up Empire for the first time in ages and your mod makes it look great.

Thank you guys! I closed the edition with the latest version called Black Label and includes new opening scene and a new background menu... Anyway, there are other minor details but I honestly don't remember! I changed a lot during this quarantine time .

If anyone notices errors, bugs or anything, just report it here...

I'm trying to download Black Label but keep getting a message that there is a network issue. I'm using Windows 10. Can anyone help? It also now says that Ultima_Environments was blocked because it could harm my device? Now saying that Black Label cannot be run on my device? Anyone know why?
    Last edited by Robleau2; July 12, 2020 at 07:33 AM.

Regarding my last post of July 11 2020, I finally managed to get Black Label downloaded. I then tried to install to my ETW/data folder but it doesn't show up in this folder. Can anyone advise me as to where this should be installed to as my game now will not open! Help would be appreciated.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Where do you download this? The mod has been removed from Moddb.

I got it a couple of weeks ago from Moddb. Since then I've been trying to get information on it, where do you install it etc, but to no avail. It now looks as though it may be dead. Wish people would tell you such things.

milton tudo bem, fui procura seu mod no moddb e nao esta mais la, oque houve?

Hello guys, I requested the reactivation of the page on MODDB (the page will return in a few days...). Until then, I would like to clarify some points:

1 - The mod was made in ".exe" format and some Windows computers can display alert messages coming from the antivirus system. First, remember that you are installing a mod that contains unofficial Creative Assembly files and parts. This message is a false / positive. To get around this, you can extract the ".exe" file similar to ".zip" extraction (there are some tutorials out there, just google it), and you will have access to all components (but unfortunately you will need to do the installation manually file by file).

2 - If you using another operational system, such as Mac / OS or Linux (just like me), you can extract the files or use alternatives tools like Lutris or Wine Tricks.

3 - Before installing the mod, PLEASE, and PLEASE, check first WHERE your game is installed! I'm sorry, I can't giving basic computer lessons about the importance of knowing this. If the mod is not installed in the same game folder, it will not work !! Simple !! To uninstall, DELETE all files (manually or via Windows Manager) and REINSTALL the game again.

4 - Ultima Ratio was edited in English, so if you installed Total War with some different support (Spanish, German ...), Ultima Ratio will convert ALL screen messages to English! Unfortunately, I can't translate into other languages...

5 - Some descriptions of factions have been taken from Wikipedia (I know this isn't the most perfect historical source of the world), but it is the most accessible! So, don't crucify me. By the way, here in TWC you will also find wonderful mods that pursue more historical precision if u want.

6 - All original creations and subparts used in Ultima Ratio are linked to their respective topics and authors here in TWC. So, if u want to use in your project, even with a version edited by me, you must ask permission from the original creator! As for my authoral contributions, some of them are easily identifiable, I authorize any use you want to make of it.

7 - I made this mod during the pandemic time and I have no intention of going any further than has already been done!

Have fun!

vanian's Avatar Libertus

Possible bug. I've noticed some of the Elite units are not showing up for recruitment in campaign mode. Playing as the British and the 33rd infantry and Hessian grenadiers can't be recruited.

Quote Originally Posted by vanian View Post
    Possible bug. I've noticed some of the Elite units are not showing up for recruitment in campaign mode. Playing as the British and the 33rd infantry and Hessian grenadiers can't be recruited.
    I have seen that too, and it's not only this mod that causes it. In fact, last year I did a complete fresh reinstall and added only one tiny sound effect in the data files — and the elite units still disappeared.

The change to Empire Definitive Edition may have something to do with it, I suspect. But it's still strange, since the extra units can typically still be found in custom battles mode, which means that the game still recognizes them.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

vanian's Avatar Libertus

I don't suppose reinstalling from the original Empire disc will help?