Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many turns do you usually play SSHIP?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default How many turns do you usually play SSHIP?

Well, the title says all.

Basically, I'd like to know how many turns you, players, usually play SSHIP. It doesn't need to be precise. For example, you can say 150 turns, 200 turns, 250 turns, etc...
    The idea behind is to see which late game units can be removed without penalizing the game. Thanks in advance for your answers
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: How many turns do you usually play SSHIP?

Personally i go for long games 300+ , my last Kingdom of Jerusalem Campaign was 357 i think. Also my last game before the 0.9.4 patch was 360 i think with HRE. I remember 2 years ago my longest campaign was over 400 turns, idk turn time but i know i reached Improved Metallurgy event and Gothic Plate.

HOWEVER , i always felt the Early Game would feel the need to add new troops to spice things up , maybe troops that would not dissapear after time but upgrade their armor significantly until lategame.
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; April 24, 2020 at 01:39 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

As many as possible:
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 24, 2020 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post

HOWEVER , i always felt the Early Game would feel the need to add new troops to spice things up , maybe troops that would not dissapear after time but upgrade their armor significantly until lategame.
    Completely agree with this.

Due to sship is so real and historical all my movements and turns are so slow.. but i like think all movements with agents, generals, units and buildings... A completely strategy game, so my games are until year 1250, maximum year 1300 in my longest campaign, so about 300 turns...(2 turns per year and average-slow sship turn passing speed)
    in other mods that i usually play as falcom total war 3 (the conquest of world) is only 1 turn per year(so 300 turns here are 300 years)and the mechanics of vanilla, nothing to warm your head, just create units, improve cities very quickly and conquer terrain, but of course this is not historical at all and you hardly think much about the strategy unlike sship mod.

So as a sship player I would like to see more differences in units of the different factions but especially at the beginning of the game and as @Nemesis says that these units can last longer with their different armor upgrades. In my opinion I think that all very late units (beyond the year 1500??) and very similar or almost repeated units should be eliminated.
    If you need I can do it again and review the list of units that could be removed in the game to help you decide and carry out work like seeing all the unit rosters of the factions.

Edit: @Jurand your case is very rare, you had to play your cards very badly to "die" so fast
    Last edited by j.a.luna; April 24, 2020 at 02:43 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

^^ The topic of this thread is about the amount of turns, not about what you like to see. Stay on topic please.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Personally, I think I have never exceeded 300 turns ... Each time a change makes me want to resume a campaign from the start.
    My current "test" campaign with SSHIP 0.9.6 (of course with my sub-mod ) is likely to end soon. Yet I'm only on turn 68 ! (more here : https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15904361 )

Around 300 turns or roughly near the peak of high era; I rarely get further than the 14th century unless the faction is easy to test like England or Sicily.

Ducenarius

I would agree with officialdeo.Throughout my ss campaing i have only reachen late era with pike and shot units once or twice so 350 turns or else high era

Like most ppl have said, around 300. Sometimes even up to 600.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Between 160-260

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

As I recall High era is the most i ever played ,started from the early campaign. I once probably saw guns and pounder started from late campaign though. So i must say 250 turns more or less

usually play on 'short campaign victory conditions'. that said, it very much depends on the faction, as i mostly play to recreate historically plausible kingdoms/republics (i.e. my current campaign). in this spirit i would only play long campaigns with the factions that were huge historically around this time frame. sorry if this isnt very helpful.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    usually play on 'short campaign victory conditions'. that said, it very much depends on the faction, as i mostly play to recreate historically plausible kingdoms/republics (i.e. my current campaign). in this spirit i would only play long campaigns with the factions that were huge historically around this time frame. sorry if this isnt very helpful.
    It may be interesting for you that in the next edition the Short Campaign will aim at 20 provinces and the Crowns (as indicated by the maps) will de facto be an intermediate goal so the campaigns are going to be perhaps more historical.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I correct my testimony: I do not think I have already reached lap 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    As many as possible:

on topic, around 30-40 if i play normal campaign, if i play in hotseat mode where i can change factions then it's about 150

I just reached turn 200, for the first time. I usually give up the game earlier after beating some armies, but SSHIP is rich and push myself to RP style game. I have now for example 1 plan of invasion of south countries but I am always bothered in my north side. It needs careful preparation, that is challenging. Hope to reach turn 300 soon enough.

I play from 200-600 turns in this mod usually. I like seeing the late-era units so I often play at a leisurely pace, or roleplay, or run a hotseat game, conquer most of the map, switch to another country and watch my old empire slowly fall apart to rebellion.

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

Almost all of my saves are 100+ turns, but after that it depends on how much I enjoy the game.

Nearly all my playing is play-testing.
    I want to check things out, see what works, what can be improved.
    So I rarely complete a campaign.
    I find something I don't like and try and fix it.
    Then start again.

Other than that I play until I get bored.
    This has no fixed numerical value.

Average is 200-400 turns.
    I enjoy role playing with this mod. The prospect of late game units adds great appeal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast