Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beginning Of An End : 622 AD [ WIP ]

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The Beginning Of An End : 622 AD [ WIP ]

Beautiful. Can't wait to see more!

Fantastic! New Sasanid content is always welcome. Good luck guys, looking forward to the result!
    La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!

Here are two pictures about Emperor and Heraklios and King Of Kings Khosrow II

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

as you see in the picture , khosrow II's face is unrecognizable in the Rock reliefs so we had to remake his face
    in a painting .

and we used the osprey book recourse for Heraklios

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I like the style of em!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I like the style of em!
    thanks ! as you see in the rock reliefs , Khosro II had a square face but the look of his face is not clear . so since he was a selfish and proud king
    we decided to draw his look based on his personality

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

There are some issues with the faction placements on the first page. For example, Croatia was never so big and it never reached anywhere near Greece. The area that is highlighted as Croatia was in the VIIth century an area inhabited by several South Slavic tribal confederations which probably descended from the Sclaveni.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    There are some issues with the faction placements on the first page. For example, Croatia was never so big and it never reached anywhere near Greece. The area that is highlighted as Croatia was in the VIIth century an area inhabited by several South Slavic tribal confederations which probably descended from the Sclaveni.
    The map is still WIP but I knew it was going to have some issues because for Europe , I merged two maps of 622 AD . but middle east is accurate
    we need a more accurate map for Europe , with more than 20 factions atleast

There is no real map of Europe, especially Eastern Europe at this time. The whole place was being invaded by Slavic tribes which had no borders.

Have a look at these
    https://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/600/index.html

And these

There is no real map of Europe, especially Eastern Europe at this time. The whole place was being invaded by Slavic tribes which had no borders.

Have a look at these
    https://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/600/index.html

And these
    Seems like south Slavs almost captured all of greece .. is that accurate ? so byzantines only had Constantinople and some parts of italia in this map ?

It was an ebbing and flowing of the borders. At one point they did push into Greece but then they got pushed back. Also, many of them settled in Greece but became subjects of the empire, so they were within the borders of the empire.

I think your borders are ok but just the name of the faction as Croatia is not right at all.

But yes various maps I found of 600 AD show a South Slavic stab into Greece

And in 650 AD

And in 700 AD

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Interesting project. Keep it up!

These promo screen are very well done, by the way.

It was an ebbing and flowing of the borders. At one point they did push into Greece but then they got pushed back. Also, many of them settled in Greece but became subjects of the empire, so they were within the borders of the empire.

I think your borders are ok but just the name of the faction as Croatia is not right at all.

But yes various maps I found of 600 AD show a South Slavic stab into Greece

And in 650 AD

And in 700 AD

thanks for the information . so we can make avar's territory a bit bigger and make coratia a bit smaller
    you can join our discord channel if you like to help about the historical information
    https://discord.gg/EB24GPQ

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Interesting project. Keep it up!

These promo screen are very well done, by the way.
    thank you we are still working on the main factions . we'll make the other ones after that
    Last edited by Shapur e Sassani; May 06, 2020 at 06:10 AM.

More characters incoming :
    this time its going to be for the bad guys

Sa'ad Ibn Al_Abivaqas

Khalid Ibn Al_Valid Qurayshi general and a later Muslim general , he had one of the most important roles in 7th century

Last edited by Shapur e Sassani; May 06, 2020 at 06:29 AM.

Been following some documentaries about these wars. Khalid Al Walid seems to be one of the greatest military minds of that age. He literally won victory after victory. I don't know if the Caliphate would have become as powerful without him.

Been following some documentaries about these wars. Khalid Al Walid seems to be one of the greatest military minds of that age. He literally won victory after victory. I don't know if the Caliphate would have become as powerful without him.
    Yes , they made a video about it in kings and generals channel about it . the video was really great

Yeah that's the one I've been watching. Even though they had already done these episodes many years ago they remade them in better quality.

king of kings khosrow parviz's battle armor

Excellent material, guys! I find the early 7th century AD a very fascinating, historical period, but it is largely ignored by video-game developers, because of its small importance in modern popular culture. Regarding the presence of Slavs in what is today the Hellenic Republic, the issue is still not clear, but the consensus of academics is, as far as I know, that there was indeed a considerable Slavic presence even as southwards as Peloponnese. However, there was no political unity among the migrating Slavic tribes, which after all didn't control the entirety of the region. The Byzantines managed to successfully defend walled-settlements across the coastline, like, example, Salonica. So, it's a bit tricky to accurately represent this complex, geopolitical situation in Attila, but one possible workaround would perhaps be to give these provinces under the authority of the Byzantine Empire, but also add several Slavic hordes that could threaten the cities at any time. Just my two cents, keep up the great work, gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Excellent material, guys! I find the early 7th century AD a very fascinating, historical period, but it is largely ignored by video-game developers, because of its small importance in modern popular culture. Regarding the presence of Slavs in what is today the Hellenic Republic, the issue is still not clear, but the consensus of academics is, as far as I know, that there was indeed a considerable Slavic presence even as southwards as Peloponnese. However, there was no political unity among the migrating Slavic tribes, which after all didn't control the entirety of the region. The Byzantines managed to successfully defend walled-settlements across the coastline, like, example, Salonica. So, it's a bit tricky to accurately represent this complex, geopolitical situation in Attila, but one possible workaround would perhaps be to give these provinces under the authority of the Byzantine Empire, but also add several Slavic hordes that could threaten the cities at any time. Just my two cents, keep up the great work, gentlemen!
    thank you
    I agree with you . I believe 7th century was one the most important centuries of all time

Is dead?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast