Page 50 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2184

Thread: Guess the game from the screenshot.

Default Re: Guess the game from the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    GTA 5?
    Yes. Almost eight years since release, it is still gorgeous and the most bug-free and perfectly executed game in its genre unless I have missed something. And best played in 1st person, which is sadly known to too few. Anything else I have tried has fallen short in some respect. It is a travesty that they put all further development into Online, because I would dish out money like an ATM machine for more single-player content.

Your turn!

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

And best played in 1st person, which is sadly known to too few.
    Because last I checked this feature was only available on PC.

It is a travesty that they put all further development into Online, because I would dish out money like an ATM machine for more single-player content.
    Despite repeated promises that they would release multiple single player DLCs...

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Because last I checked this feature was only available on PC.
    I did not know that. But they even made that hard to discover on PC by making 3rd person default in a way. And making driving in 1st person default to a camera angle that puts the player's point of view so low as to be almost on street level, which is not good at all. Took me a long time to realize that it can be changed.

Once you learn to drive using the higher angle, it makes it so immersive. And having a free mouse look tops it all. I have no idea why other games make first-person driving so limited (like 120 degrees vision) and clunky.

Despite repeated promises that they would release multiple single player DLCs...
    I am so happy that I did not know that earlier. Would have been disappointed and frustrated. It doesn't matter now, of course. But it makes no sense that you make such a perfectly working and immersive world and just do not make content for it.

There is a huge market because surely many people would like to keep enjoying new adventures in that world instead of subjecting themselves to the gamey online confusion, griefing, and whatnot.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

First person is also available on consoles not just PC. The PC version released with first person for PS4 and XBONE

This should be mildly easy

Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Crusader Kings 2

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Once you learn to drive using the higher angle, it makes it so immersive. And having a free mouse look tops it all. I have no idea why other games make first-person driving so limited (like 120 degrees vision) and clunky.
    Ugh, I cannot stand games without free view for driving or a high camera angle. It's one of the reasons I couldn't get into the Mafia games at all - the god awful camera angles and driving mechanics. I really feel spoiled by GTA5's driving any time I play a game with driving and find myself disappointed.

I am so happy that I did not know that earlier. Would have been disappointed and frustrated. It doesn't matter now, of course. But it makes no sense that you make such a perfectly working and immersive world and just do not make content for it.

There is a huge market because surely many people would like to keep enjoying new adventures in that world instead of subjecting themselves to the gamey online confusion, griefing, and whatnot.
    I mean, it's not about what people will enjoy for them. It's about what gets them the most money and right now selling gold in RDR2 and shark cards for GTA5 is whats making them the most money.

It sucks because I would love some more GTA single player content.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Crusader Kings 2
    Correct. You win the grand prize in "Who's the target for the next Sunset Invasion".
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Campidoctor

Just let it be France, and all is well.

Highland Warriors?

Right you are!

Alright, here we go.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sorry everyone for the meta, but this is almost religious stuff to me.

Ugh, I cannot stand games without free view for driving or a high camera angle. It's one of the reasons I couldn't get into the Mafia games at all - the god awful camera angles and driving mechanics. I really feel spoiled by GTA5's driving any time I play a game with driving and find myself disappointed.
    You are reading my mind to minute detail. I have thought about the same thing exactly. GTA V has spoiled me and I wonder when I will be able to enjoy driving around in a game again. And I have specifically been disappointed by Mafia games. Beautifully done cities but you cannot enjoy them because your neck doesn't turn and you have to steer a ten-ton stone sled in traffic.

I mean, it's not about what people will enjoy for them. It's about what gets them the most money and right now selling gold in RDR2 and shark cards for GTA5 is whats making them the most money.
    I never understood the logic that you must do only one thing and discontinue others. They have made the great investment of perfecting the platform and they decide to utilize it only partially. So what if the majority of the money came from that stupid shark card business. The question is can they turn a profit out single player? I bet they could. The only scenarios that I can think of would be that making single-player content would somehow cripple their productivity in online or that people would stop playing online if single player was available. I doubt any of those bozos in online standing in street corners and shooting other players with rocket launchers would stop doing that, and I am not going to buy any shark cards just because single player is no longer developed. They are different things. Well, maybe one day McDonalds is going to discontinue milkshakes when they realize most of their money comes from sandwiches.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; May 05, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Fallout 4

Akar's got it. That was a memorable moment in the game, because I had not seen spoilers and did NOT see that coming. Go ahead, A!

Akar, why don't you do right? Like some other men do.

Here is the next one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

SORRY I FORGOT

That's a plague tale, innocence

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Anyway, here is the next one. Sorry about that guys.

Don't call me innocence. But you are right. You tend to post some interesting games, so I am looking forward to your next entry!

And interesting it was. A lot of text that will help in researching that, but I'll wait in case someone actually recognizes the game.