Thread: Garrison buildings not available in certain (major) settlements?

Icon5 Garrison buildings not available in certain (major) settlements?

Hi all, have a bit of a problem.

Playing as the Greenskins, have been going south into the desert lands where the Tomb kings are, along with a few other minor factions.

Noticed when I conquered certain major settlements, the defense tab in the building overview was just gone. Didn't exist. Now I know that garrison buildings are unavailable for the faction capital, but I thought you could build garrison buildings outside of that capital (e.g. for orcs, ditches, stakes, etc)? All the other badlands provincial capitals I have had the defensive building slot available, but I just found it weird that it suddenly wasn't available in some of these pyramid settlements.

So, to test, I went ahead and captured a few other desert provincial capitals (was at war with Followers of Nagash), found out that some of them actually had the defensive building slot available. Weird.

Went ahead and did further testing (with cheat engine to save time) and went to declare war on some vampires up north, see if the same problem persisted. It did, and it seemed random.

I don't know what the problem is exactly. I have some mods installed, I can give a list of all the ones I'm using. However, it just seems odd that some provincial capitals I've gone after have the defensive building tab available, and some where it doesn't exist at all. The badlands were 100% fine, moving into the desert lands is where I discovered this problem.

Any help is appreciated!
    Jae

N.B. Mods list, taken from the user.scrpit txt file:
    mod "my_more_slot.pack";
    mod "ak_teef.pack";
    mod "Greenskin_buff_TWH2.pack";
    mod "sebidee_whii_reduce_tower_range.pack";
    mod "greenz_new_unit_12.pack";
    mod "mazz_t4_tw2.pack";
    mod "a_wiid_mod_garrison_duty.pack";
    mod "!!_military_garrisons.pack";
    mod "diplomatic_options_all_wh2.pack";
    mod "raze_replacement.pack";
    mod "max_level_120_3_skillpoints.pack";
    mod "razac_skillpoint_dump.pack";
    mod "razac_beneficial_skill_dump.pack";
    mod "supreme_sword_khaine.pack";

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Garrison buildings not available in certain (major) settlements?

I believe settlements with a unique settlement chain lack the defense building because they uually get much stronger garrisons. Which settlements don't let you build a defense building, I'm assuming Khemri and perhaps the Black Pyramid of Nagash?

Actually, both those provinces allowed me to build defensive buildings in the provincial capitals.

What I noticed, however, was that no wood elf-type settlement would allow me to build defensive buildings there.

Here's a list that I compiled with more testing (went and rampaged through Lizardman territory, up North to the waste border i.e. Brettonia, so far this is what I have):
    Ash River province - Numas
    Shifting Sands province - Ka-Sabar
    Heart of the Jungle province - Oreon's Camp (wood elves province out in the desert)
    Great Desert of Araby province - Black Tower of Arkhan
    Sartosa province - Sartosa
    Talsyn province - King's Glade
    Wydrioth province - Crag Halls of Findol
    Argwylon province - Waterfall Palace

All these provinces (provincial capitals) won't let me build the defensive building chain. If anything, it doesn't pop up/exist in the building browser. All other provincial settlements, even Khemri and Black Pyramid of Nagash allows me to build defensive buildings there. I'm really stumped at this point, apart from the woodelves provinces it kinda seems... random.
    Last edited by JaeSunRyoo; April 21, 2020 at 09:09 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The Wood Elf settlements are special so I can understand the garrison missing there. For the others it sounds more like someone forgot to add it, either CA itself or one of your mods. I see one mod with garrison in its name, you could try with it off and on if its save game compatible (they generally are).

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    The Wood Elf settlements are special so I can understand the garrison missing there. For the others it sounds more like someone forgot to add it, either CA itself or one of your mods. I see one mod with garrison in its name, you could try with it off and on if its save game compatible (they generally are).
    Thanks for the advice! I just went ahead and did testing with zero mods. CA basically hasn't implemented the garrison building chain for those provincial capitals, it just doesn't exist whatsoever. Which sucks. Don't know why those specific areas...

Anyways, thanks for helping me through with this!