Thread: Do some Total War: Rome II players still play Total War: Rome from time to time?

Default Do some Total War: Rome II players still play Total War: Rome from time to time?

I'm just curious about it. For example in my case I played it again in the last 2 weeks even though I'm a Total War: Rome II player.

Default Re: Do some Total War: Rome II players still play Total War: Rome from time to time?

I play on RTW and RTW:BI on my iPad. Usually when I start a campaign I play it exclusively until the campaign is completed.
    “Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it.” -GK Chesterton

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Do some Total War: Rome II players still play Total War: Rome from time to time?

I used to do that just a few years ago around 2013-2015 with Roma Surrectum II, which is an amazing mod of vanilla RTW, but not anymore, not while there are fantastic antiquity mods for Medieval II: Kingdoms, namely Europa Barbarorum II, as well as De Bello Mundi to a lesser extent. I usually stick to M2TW for that matter, especially for the medieval mod SSHIP for Stainless Steel, and of course the legendary MOS for Third Age Total War. I hear the latter has a real LOTR competitor now with Rise of Mordor using vanilla Attila: Total War as a base. That's a shame, because I don't think my Acer laptop would be able to handle Attila's graphics/engine, even though I'd be able to play Rome II on it, certainly all the Empire and Shogun mods.

Senator

I`m still playing Roma Surrectum III, never saw a reason to touch Rome II.

Maybe when I´m conquered the world with the Seleucids, ask me again in 2025 :-)

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

I think this thread is slightly better suited to the Rome II section than anywhere else.

Thread moved from Thema Devia.

Which of the two games is it more difficult for you in fighting battles, political/economical administration, etc?

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

They can both be heavily modified and I haven't played either of them vanilla for years.

My advice, if you're looking for which you want to buy and play, check out the youtubes on them. There's a double handed crap ton of them for each.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

I still play E.B for Rome TW from time to time. Think its still one if not the best mod out there.

Personally, I tried going back to RTW 1 once, but it's pretty obvious the game is old and I can't mentally justify it. I loved it when it first launched don't get me wrong, but I rather prefer the new TW's.

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks to Rome II fiasco (which of course became my last bought Totwal War) the series is no more my most favorite game series and replaced by Paradox games (CK2 and HoI IV mostly) for years ! However occasionally nostalgia comes and hit me so I install Rome 1 and play it with EB mod ... so somehow yes.

P.S : Wish CA could free-up a post Rome II title instead of Shogun2 (which I already own it) so I could actually see if CA learnt from those horrible days and returned to golorious days of the series. Watching some streams and videos of TW:3K it looked like a good game ,so if a good sale with at least 75% discount is done on it ,I may go ahead and buy it !
    Last edited by kambiz; April 29, 2020 at 03:16 AM.