Thread: CTD when starting a campaign

Default CTD when starting a campaign

I've got a problem with my map. I get a CTD when starting a campaign and I think I did everything right, but obviously I haven't ... I resized the map to 510x510 in the descr_terrain, adjusted all of the map files accordingly as well as the text files, yet it still crashes. I don't think the problem is in descr_strat od campagin_script since error in one of those files would not cause a CTD with an unspecified error. The only problematic thing that I can think of from the top of my head could be that I only added 35 regions and maybe this isn't enough for a map of that size? I had a similar problem in the past but I think it worked with somewhere around 30 regions. I made my own map and did just basic work to test it out (only one terrain type, one climate, no features, ...) and to minimize the possibility of making mistakes, it seems that I missed something. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: CTD when starting a campaign

I have to add that map.rwm does get generated when I want to start the campaign.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

try to use bovi´s tool or geomod to find those issues. but make a copy before using geomod, it´s know´n for changing bigtime.

I've added another 12 regions, 47 in total so this should be enough for the map, tested it with geomod which doesn't give me any errors and says that changes saved successfuly but it still crashes upon starting the campaign.

Solved the issue! There was 1 stray pixel in the map_regions file. This little devil was only 1 rgb value different from what it should be so it eluded me even with the colour checking threshold of 1.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nice.
    bad thing about modding - you need to be 100% correct...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quick way to check for stray pixels: use the geomod tool and delete all regions (do not save or verify at any stage!) until only one is left. Then change the region color to a contrasting one, eg green to red.
    Once you found it exit the tool and correct with the tool (reload) or do it manually.