Thread: New to EBII (Wow!) - Reelection to Roman offices?

Laetus

Default New to EBII (Wow!) - Reelection to Roman offices?

I've just dived into EBII into the last few weeks, I've played a lot of Stainless Steel and a fair bit of EBI in the past but EBI AI always frustrated me. EBII is amazing, thanks for all the hard work people have put into the mod.

I've begun with a SPQR campaign based on the difficulty ratings given in game. I've read through the guide a few times and looked in old posts for advice. My only remaining question regarding the cursus honourum is: How does reelection work? If a character has been a Quaestor, can they hold that position again in the future? Same goes for Aedili and Tribunus. Can they hold these positions several times before becoming Praetor? I understand a character can serve multiple terms as Praetor and Consul, but I would have thought multiple terms in the lower positions would not be unheard of in Roman politics.

Thanks again to the creators of this amazing mod, and thanks in advance for any help!

Default Re: New to EBII (Wow!) - Reelection to Roman offices?

Its based off age and military experience too.

Best to educate kids in Roma or anywhere with a school, keep an eye on them until about 24, if they gain the cultured trait move em off to serve under a general. Need 7.5 Military years so keep them on campaign.

You automatically become a Tribune after serving 2.5 years and then an ex tribune after. Traits give roughly same bonus.

At 26 you are able to run for Quaestor, this happens anyway but its best to serve 7.5 years, it will appear as trait that changes over time.

After your Quastorship you then get the Senator trait. Can't be a Quaestor again.

At 32 you are able to run for Aedilius. There's two based on whether your a pleb or patrician, theres another pleb one where you can not leave Roma for a year (Can give a positive or negative trait or nothing). Get the Ex Adelius trait.

At 36 you can become a Praetor and gain Imperium to lead armies. You gain the Propraetor trait for five years after your first year. Don't think you get an ex Praetor trait might be wrong.

At 40 you can run for Consul. Get the Proconsul trait after your first year. Again not sure if you get exconsul after it all.

You can get Censor but its a hard one. Also I'm new to the Legate term that counter Imperium bonuses in foreign provinces.

Each term must be served before rising up, Once able to run for Consul there is a chance you may get the lesser office of Praetor , in which you can serve.

Basically goes with age. Have to be in Roma at Winter too to be elected.