View Poll Results: Should more new units be added to the mod (even if it messes with in-battle voices)?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! More units would be great!

23 67.65%
  • No! I don't want my line infantry shouting "Revolutionary Guards!" when I click them.

11 32.35%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Succession - A Total War: Empire Revival Mod

Default Re: Succession - A Total War: Empire Revival Mod

Dear Sir,

your mod sounds wonderful. But it says in the mod manager that I have many conflicts. Do you have a solution, that I can try your lovely mod.

Thank you.

The_Lord_Snow's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Wombatmeister View Post
    Dear Sir,

your mod sounds wonderful. But it says in the mod manager that I have many conflicts. Do you have a solution, that I can try your lovely mod.

Thank you.
    Hey Wombatmeister, thank you so much! I believe conflicts in the mod manager are no big deal. I have 17 conflicts in mine, from the new textures overwriting existing ones. Are you using any other mods?
    Lead (and only) Developer of the Succession Mod for Total War EMPIRE

Dear Sir,
    no other mods in use. I am not sure, if I understood the install instructions. Maybe I made some mistakes installing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wombatmeister View Post
    Dear Sir,
    no other mods in use. I am not sure, if I understood the install instructions. Maybe I made some mistakes installing it wrong.
    Interesting, does the mod not run at all, or are there just conflicts? If it isn't working, I'd try deleting the scripts file and reloading with ModManager. If it's just conflicts, you should be able to run it just fine

can it be used with AUM mod and maybe Empire Realism

Quote Originally Posted by MoBo View Post
    can it be used with AUM mod and maybe Empire Realism
    Hi there Mobo, I believe AUM would work just fine with it, though you'll probably see a few duplicate units that both Succession and AUM add (like marines).

Empire Realism is less likely to be compatible because that mod affects a lot of the same game aspects as Succession, like firing accuracy and diplomacy. I think both mods have a similar goal in making Empire into a really entertaining recreation of history, so I'd encourage trying both mods and going with the one that suits your play style.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lord_Snow View Post
    Hi there Mobo, I believe AUM would work just fine with it, though you'll probably see a few duplicate units that both Succession and AUM add (like marines).

Empire Realism is less likely to be compatible because that mod affects a lot of the same game aspects as Succession, like firing accuracy and diplomacy. I think both mods have a similar goal in making Empire into a really entertaining recreation of history, so I'd encourage trying both mods and going with the one that suits your play style.

Can Empire Total Factions work with Succession or Empire Realism ?? you can disable CAI and BAI in ETF

Foederatus

Many thanks Lord Snow. I shall have a look this weekend.

First of all great mod Lord Snow. I am really enjoying it. One thing i noticed though, morale seems a bit weak. As we all know Empire AI is utterly incapable of making a line, let alone protect its flanks. This results in AI armies routing too easily because of morale penalties it gets from flanks not being secure and actually being attacked in flanks. i also noticed some of my units started to rout even when they were winning their engagements (melee).

Thanks for your great work!

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Great mod, I have only played it for a short time, but I am glad folks are still working on Empire and I hope you continue to work on your mod.

Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback, Murat! Morale has definitely been made more fragile to simulate the pressure of 18th century warfare. As the game progresses, elite and veteran units will be essential for holding the line. I have found the new AI is better at recognizing the benefits of flank attacks than countering them; I'm working on improving it.

Thank you for the kind words, batty1234! I hope you continue to enjoy it. An update with new units and fixes is coming soon.

Hey, all. A new update has just been released with fixes, new units, new missions, and (probably most excitingly) a new faction!

Aight I'll post my feedback so far:
    -Personally, I don't like the musket sounds ;P and prefer the Splendour mod ones, though I can happily say that jury-rigging a different sound mod works.
    -Ranged cavalry that can fire mounted NEEDS to have the fire_while_moving enabled, otherwise they're just useless: they can't fire or reload unless fully stationary, and that kills their mobility with ETW's wonky unit controls.
    -I think the Dutch troops (the ones that are not standard) could get a bit of love, anything to make them stand out a little. Personally (again), I modded their dragoons to become "Karabiniers", aka heavy ranged cavalry with 8 morale, capable of mounted firing. Other stats unchanged.
    -Haven't played the other factions yet (I am in a Dutch campaign), but overall, non-standard troops could have special little names, even if their stats are unchanged. It's nice!
    -Could Marines have grenades? I did put that in them, and colonial battles get so much more interesting. They are limited to 5 after all, so it's not game-breaking, but I'm not savvy with historical accuracy...
    -BUG (probably): Cologne Militia have the same textures as British/Hanoverian Line Infantry (red coat, white details)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnVicres View Post
    Aight I'll post my feedback so far:
    -Personally, I don't like the musket sounds ;P and prefer the Splendour mod ones, though I can happily say that jury-rigging a different sound mod works.
    -Ranged cavalry that can fire mounted NEEDS to have the fire_while_moving enabled, otherwise they're just useless: they can't fire or reload unless fully stationary, and that kills their mobility with ETW's wonky unit controls.
    -I think the Dutch troops (the ones that are not standard) could get a bit of love, anything to make them stand out a little. Personally (again), I modded their dragoons to become "Karabiniers", aka heavy ranged cavalry with 8 morale, capable of mounted firing. Other stats unchanged.
    -Haven't played the other factions yet (I am in a Dutch campaign), but overall, non-standard troops could have special little names, even if their stats are unchanged. It's nice!
    -Could Marines have grenades? I did put that in them, and colonial battles get so much more interesting. They are limited to 5 after all, so it's not game-breaking, but I'm not savvy with historical accuracy...
    -BUG (probably): Cologne Militia have the same textures as British/Hanoverian Line Infantry (red coat, white details)
    Thanks for the feedback, JohnVicres. The removal of mounted firing while moving was an unfortunate but necessary change, as historical accuracy is the ultimate goal of the mod. Firing and reloading a carbine on a galloping horse is essentially impossible, and so the player is encouraged to deploy ranged cavalry as they historically would have been. Light dragoons are best suited as rapid-moving flanking forces, firing mounted if needed but better dismounted since they form a tighter formation and can take advantage of the terrain in certain situations. They can then run down routing enemies using cold steel. Carabineers combine fire and shock; they ride to a (preferably currently engaged) unit, fire a volley or two with their carbines while stationary, and charge when the enemy is wavering.

The Cologne militia should be fixed in the next update. Thanks for catching that!

I am enjoying this mod so far, thanks for the work put in.
    Are you planning on changing the way ships behave- I had forgotten how much like speed boats the ships are.

It might be worth looking at Jutland Naval Supremacy for ideas.
    Best wishes
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sulpicius View Post
    I am enjoying this mod so far, thanks for the work put in.
    Are you planning on changing the way ships behave- I had forgotten how much like speed boats the ships are.

It might be worth looking at Jutland Naval Supremacy for ideas.
    Best wishes
    Andrew
    Hi Sulpicius, glad you are enjoying the mod! Right now the focus is on the campaign for the next update (some new units, bug fixes, and historical characters coming your way). However, I do intend to improve the realism of naval battles down the line! I've already tweaked the damage of cannonballs so ships don't sink as often. Ship speed will definitely be tweaked soon!

batty1234's Avatar Civis

I am really enjoying the mod. Is there any way you can change the recruitable land based British marines in the next release to be the same as the British marines in naval battles? It looks like the marines you can recruit for example in Jamaica are the old marine model and not the same marines that are on the ships in the naval battles?

thank you for the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by batty1234 View Post
    I am really enjoying the mod. Is there any way you can change the recruitable land based British marines in the next release to be the same as the British marines in naval battles? It looks like the marines you can recruit for example in Jamaica are the old marine model and not the same marines that are on the ships in the naval battles?

thank you for the hard work!
    Thank you, and glad you are enjoying the mod! It isn't impossible, per se, but it's probably not something that will be implemented. The recruitable marines use the "euro_marine" unit model, while the marines on ships use a custom "euro_line_infantry_royal_marine" model and texture. The French, Americans, and a couple of other factions are in the same boat (no pun intended).

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Is there rank by fire in this mod or do all units fire at once realistically like Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations mod?

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Is there rank by fire in this mod or do all units fire at once realistically like Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations mod?
    Hi Jackwei, regular old Fire By Rank and Platoon Firing are used in this mod. However, Goutlard's mod might be compatible with mine if his firing drills are preferred (not 100% sure on that, though).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast