View Poll Results: Should more new units be added to the mod (even if it messes with in-battle voices)?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! More units would be great!

23 67.65%
  • No! I don't want my line infantry shouting "Revolutionary Guards!" when I click them.

11 32.35%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Succession - A Total War: Empire Revival Mod

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Succession - A Total War: Empire Revival Mod

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lord_Snow View Post
    Hey everyone! I came across a bug in the startpos file that would prevent a number of the mod's new units from being recruited. I recommend downloading the latest startpos file from the mod folder.

Lord Snow,

Thank you for your continued support of this mod. I performed a completely new installation of Empire and your mod, and it seems like the new startpos file causes a crash after the faction selection screen on the campaign menu.

The_Lord_Snow's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by batty1234 View Post
    Lord Snow,

Thank you for your continued support of this mod. I performed a completely new installation of Empire and your mod, and it seems like the new startpos file causes a crash after the faction selection screen on the campaign menu.
    Thanks for the heads up, batty1234. I'll upload a full clean version of the mod just in case. Are you running any other mods with Succession?
    Lead (and only) Developer of the Succession Mod for Total War EMPIRE

batty1234's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lord_Snow View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, batty1234. I'll upload a full clean version of the mod just in case. Are you running any other mods with Succession?
    Thank you! The only other mods I am running are the submods from the first post.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

discovered this mod today. Played a few custom battles to see how the AI works, and also played around with the campaign just to see some things. well I must say i think this is a vry good mod so far. will probably fore up a campaign as Britain and play around in between work and grad school haha.

speaking of britian...is there any way you could upload a version that does NOT have a playable Scotland and starts the game with GB already unified? Not a big issue, just a personal preference.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    discovered this mod today. Played a few custom battles to see how the AI works, and also played around with the campaign just to see some things. well I must say i think this is a vry good mod so far. will probably fore up a campaign as Britain and play around in between work and grad school haha.

speaking of britian...is there any way you could upload a version that does NOT have a playable Scotland and starts the game with GB already unified? Not a big issue, just a personal preference.
    Thanks for the kind words, Your Holiness. I happen to have a link to the previous version of the mod that starts with a unified Great Britain. It's missing a lot of the startpos updates I worked on in 1.5, so some new units, AI features, and characters will be missing, but it should function fine!

Quote Originally Posted by batty1234 View Post
    Thank you! The only other mods I am running are the submods from the first post.
    Interesting, I'd give the new download link a try if you haven't already. I uploaded the files I use when I play the game and haven't had any issues. I'd definitely make sure you're using the latest startpos file. That's usually the culprit when I had campaign-related crashes while testing.

Ive played alot of this mod and i really like it! But here is some things i think you should add/change in the mod:
    1. Make it that Carlos II/ Charles II of Spain dies in round 2 (winter 1700) and that Austria claims the Spainish throne so the War of Spanish Succession happens. Also that Philip of Anjou becomes king there.
    2. That Bavaria joins Spain and/or France in wars against United provinces, Austria, Britain etc. Because Bavaria actually sided with the French and Spanish in real life in the war of spannish succession.
    3. So the United Provinces and Spain dont just start a war in the first round.
    These requests i would really like if you would be able to do some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringe_abingus View Post
    Ive played alot of this mod and i really like it! But here is some things i think you should add/change in the mod:
    1. Make it that Carlos II/ Charles II of Spain dies in round 2 (winter 1700) and that Austria claims the Spainish throne so the War of Spanish Succession happens. Also that Philip of Anjou becomes king there.
    2. That Bavaria joins Spain and/or France in wars against United provinces, Austria, Britain etc. Because Bavaria actually sided with the French and Spanish in real life in the war of spannish succession.
    3. So the United Provinces and Spain dont just start a war in the first round.
    These requests i would really like if you would be able to do some of these.
    Hey Cringe_abingus, glad you're enjoying the mod! As a fellow War of the Spanish Succession buff, I understand where your request come from. However, I won't hard code any specific deaths or wars since that takes away some of the spontaneity of the game. Carlos II historically died within the first years of the campaign, but what if he didn't? Bavaria historically sided with the French and Spanish, but what if they stayed loyal to Austria? Those questions can be answered the minute you hit "End Turn".

That being said, I did make end of turn death more likely for Carlos II by buffing the Inbred trait. So he should have an early death as he did historically, but when it happens is up to the game. Bavaria and Spain might have also gotten a relations boost to make Bavaria's diplomatic decisions more interesting.

Hi Lord Snow! It's great to know you're using my patch6 compilation. I've noticed you mentioned unlocked nations suffering from Ivory Coast camera focus bug. HusserTW explained how to fix it here.

Hi The_Lord_Snow! I noticed, you changed the following records for the AI:

DESIRE_BUFFER_ZONE_INVOKE_BUFFER_ZONE_BEHAVIOUR_BELOW
    MINIMUM_CHANCE_OF_SUCCESS
    MINIMUM_RELATIVE_STRENGTH
    RELATIONSHIP_MANAGEMENT_ENEMIES_UNDER
    RELATIONSHIP_MANAGEMENT_FRIENDS_OVER
    SUPPORT_OBTAINING_LOCAL_MOBILES_ARMY_STRENGTH_MULTIPLIER_FOR_BALANCE_TYPE_ (for natives)

Can you please explain them and how their values work? Is there a manual of some sort where you found out their effect?

Hi The_Lord_Snow! I found a way to fix the wrong voices with adding new units. You may want to see it https://www.moddb.com/games/empire-t...y-sound-packer

Tiro

Hi, is this compatible with Ultima Ratio mod and Bran's Empire Campaign? Or your mod has solved problem with "freeze turn" bug? I didnt have problem yet I just ask.
    And can I delete sound file without any problem? Cause I dont like general andy musket sounds. And I would change with other one.
    And what about compatibility with VDM mod?
    Last edited by kubo4747; June 10, 2023 at 05:06 PM.

Thank you Lord Snow. This mod is truly great. However, I was trying to tweak it a little by adding more missions. Unfortunately, I could not get it to work. My idea was to edit the scripts to create a mission in which Prussia is rewarded with a unit of grenadiers for researching "improved grenades", but the game crashes when I edit the scripts accordingly...

Your help would be much appreciated!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567