Thread: Food Imports Bug

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Food Imports Bug

Playing as Rome in VH/H, on about turn 200 I've encountered a beneficial bug where all my cities have suddenly experienced huge boosts in happiness and growth- it looks like food imports are now operating at "full" in all cities, our of nowhere.

At the moment I'm roleplaying this somewhat, as I've just formed an alliance with the Ptolemaoi and am giving them regular gifts of gold, so I feel I'm simulating grain trade with Egypt. But at some point, it's going to make the campaign boringly easy. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Food Imports Bug

That's part of the reemerging faction mechanic, it only lasts for one turn and if you reload a save campaign it disappears. No worries.

Yeah, I've seen it before as a "one term wonder". The problem is it's continued now for 20-30 turns!

That's really strange. Even after reloading? You have quite a bug there.

It's a wonky script, which is why it's been rewritten in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That's really strange. Even after reloading? You have quite a bug there.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's a wonky script, which is why it's been rewritten in the patch.
    Yep, this is after multiple reloads, and even a few CTDs and reboots of the game. It's very odd.

QS, am I right to interpret your response as that my bug will require application of the new patch to fix?

Yes, I've given up on that incarnation of it, it's a semi-broken script but we can't seem to find any way to fix it. So it's either mitigate the worst of the excesses of it, or remove it altogether.

I have had the same issue, previously when it happens it only lasts one turn, but hayasdan re appeared atleast 3 turns ago and its still there. hayasdan re spawned in what is now northern ireland tho. If I force diplomacy to give them a rebel held settlement in their homeland and force them to lose their settlement in hibernia would that potentially fix it? Because currently this is a game breaking bug, completely removes a large aspect of the game.