Thread: Small Tweakings and Goodies - A Submod for TVB 3.3

Icon3 Small Tweakings and Goodies - A Submod for TVB 3.3

This mod is a great one overall but I wanted a few things changed to my liking. The changes made are listed down below, I decided to upload these because I thought there might be other people who might like these changes.
    I categorized the changes to 5 folders so you can select which one to apply or not. These are:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Reworked Recruitment

This edits; export_descr_unit, export_descr_buildings, descr_settlement_mechanics
    -Decreased manpower for lower tier military buildings, maximum unit pool and replenishment rate are greatly lowered. Unit availability increases as buildings are upgraded. Castles get slightly larger unit pools compared to cities but this turns around late game.
    -Recruitment costs are unchanged but upkeep is considerably increased. Cavalry get an around %75, infantry %50 and naval units %25 increase respectively.
    -Recruitment time for cavalry an naval units increased to 2 turns. Ocean-faring big ships take 3 turns to build.
    -Overall income slightly improved to balance out the army upkeep. This will also help smaller factions to support at least one decent army.
    -Military buildings give free upkeep slots as keeping unnecessary armies out in the field will cost more. This will also give defending factions an advantage.

Decreased Manpower

This edits, export_descr_buildings
    -This only takes the smaller unit pools and slower replenishment aspect of Reworked Recruitment for those who only want the limited recruitment.

Decreased Public Order

This edits, descr_settlement_mechanics
    In my opinion it is too easy to maintain public order in the mod so this slightly increases the negative modifiers and decreases the positive ones. This is in an attempt to stop giant armies rolling over a faction in a few turns.

Kingdoms Musics

This edits; descr_sounds_music, events.dat, events.idx, music.dat, music.idx
    What this does is add some soundtrack from the Kingdoms campaigns to TVB. I tried to change the original Medieval 2 soundtrack only. The soundtracks belong to CA.

Later Exploration

This edits; map.rwm, map_ground_types, descr_events
    This makes it so Americas can't be explored at the start of the campaign. The "World is Round" event fires on turns 220-225, but a side effect of this is American Natives are set to unplayable.

Here's the download link https://mega.nz/file/CrYzTSaR

Please don't forget to make backup of any file you've tinkered with beforehand. Dropping the totalvanillab folder to your mods\ folder will be enough for installation. Don't try to apply Reworked Recruitment with other folders as they'll overwrite each other. You can use any other modifications combined, but I recommend using the STaG one.
    I'll be waiting for your feedback or any encountered bugs, I'll try to fix them as soon as I can

Default Re: Small Tweakings and Goodies - A Submod for TVB 3.3

Sorry for the small mistake, here's the unlocked link https://mega.nz/file/CrYzTSaR#mroMIyzdQAZe-wuAtTXMeb1o-HxAGzCSHeJJoeWZEa4

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Nice work, +rep
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

So far, I've noticed in the recruitment rework A) Hungarian Nobles upkeep is 25, should have been 325. B)War Galleys take 3 turns to build, should have been 2. C)Merchant Cavalry Militia unit is missed and untweaked, should have been recruited in 2 turns and manpower reduced. I'll upload a patch once more problems show up.

This is kind of embarrassing but turns out I've missed most of the recruitment from the guild buildings, I'll put a patch soon. This only makes me admire mod makers more, seeing how tedious it is even for a small project like this one.

Here's the patch for Reworked Recruitment. The changes are:
    -Missed units fixed
    -Missed recruitment buildings fixed
    -Dealt with some errors with the ships

I feel there won't be another need for an update, but only time will tell.
    export_descr_buildings.txtexport_descr_unit.txt

Just drop these into your mods\totalvanillab\data folder and it should be good to go. This requires the main submod installed for the full experience.

Since the link died, I uploaded this again if anyone is interested. You don't need the attachments in the previous replies for this. File size is 261 MBs.

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Thanks a lot for all your work and dedicated hours.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553