View Poll Results: Shall Swaeft be a citizen?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Swaeft (Patron: King Athelstan)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default [Citizen] Swaeft (Patron: King Athelstan)

Hail, Curia! In these times of fierce discussion I do feel it appropriate to bring forth a candidate for citizenry whom is deserving of it no matter where one stands on the criteria of it. I must admit that this application has been sitting waiting for a month due to delays, but now that the time finally has come I present to you;

I first met Swaeft through the picture competitions, where he actively participated and quite actively won. (More so than me, in any case ). However, it quickly involved into participating in the Tale of the Week, where he too has triumphed many a time. He's earned a gold medal in the Screenshot Competitions and a Silver one in the Writers study, which is no small feat. He even tied me in a duel that will surely go down into the ages as the greatest of this era. Or at least the last one as of yet. However, it's not just his impressive activity and skill that brought him to my attention. Though he is undoubtedly a man of quality, there was one trait in particular I noticed. From the first post I saw to the latest he's come across as one of the friendliest, kindest members on TWC with one of the best attitudes I've seen. You could endlessley browse through his post history if you just want something to smile about. He radiates a positive energy that can't help but create a positive mood around him.

However, he hasn't just contributed to TWC with his friendly demeanour, he has provided boundless content for others enjoyment as well. Whether you'd be talking about just gazing at his marvelous screenshots, reading his excellent blogs on the Screenshot competitions or reading his many excellent entries for TOTW or his AAR you're sure to get more than your moneys worth. He's also to contributed to TWC in Content staff in several areas. I've had most with him to do in the Picture Competitions where he has covered my behind on several occasions where I've been unable to do my duties, and he has done so with the utmost of gusto and professionalism. In addition, he has worked in the Critics Quill and the Writer's study, and who better to talk about that than his bosses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn and Caillagh de Bodemloze
    Alwyn and Caillagh have worked with Swaeft both in the Writers' Study and Critic's Quill team, and also when he has run the Picture and Video Competitions. Our experience is that Swaeft is a friendly, cheerful, helpful person. He's enthusiastic and reliable, and has worked hard within Content Staff to help make TWC as good as it can be. We have no hesitation in recommending him for Citizenship.
    And to make sure he's not just a teacher's pet to say, here's a statement from former colleague and fellow writer Turkafinwë.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë
    I met Swaeft in the Writers' Study as another AAR writer where our first interaction was on my AAR page. From the moment I met him I knew we would get along quite well. To my joy Swaeft joined Content Staff shortly after I joined and in his time there, he was energetic, innovative, resourceful and very productive, producing two full blown AAR reviews in the short time (short as in I was sad to see him go) he was Content Staff for the Writers' Study and Critic's Quill, while maintaining the Writers' Study's regular competitions. He also worked a while for Content Staff in the Art department as part of the Picture and Video Competitions Staff. He was a positive force within Content Staff and is one still on TWC as a whole, encouraging all with his kind and sincere words, whether it be in the Writers' Study or in the Screenshots Gallery, Picture of the Week and Video Competitions forum. I am proud to call Swaeft my former colleague and continuing friend and fervently believe that he will be a fine addition to the Curia, and deservedly so. ~Turkafinwë
    I could go on and on, but he is also rather good at speaking for himself, surprisingly so. One might think he'd be active in the Writers Study. In fact, he even was around before me, so he's best left to speak of that for himself too.

The Applicants bit
    Salutations, members of the Cvria! I’m Swaeft, named so because I wanted Swift but that name was already taken. I actually discovered TWC by accident, as I wasn’t searching for mods for total war games (I had Medieval 2 but didn’t even know what a mod was, heh!), but rather, for After Action Reports. Nowadays, I spend most of my time in the Writers’ Study and the Picture of the Week forums.

But first, gentlemen, a short view back to the past. 8 years ago…

Joining in late 2012
    ...I joined TWC. I really loved writing (and still do!), it was like the gateway to a whole new realm for me. I wrote a few stories based on my campaign playthroughs of Medieval 2, and after deciding to post my stories online, I discovered that the largest repository for such stories was TWC. I was really impressed by the breadth and depth of stories available, and I eagerly signed up after a few weeks of browsing different stories. Since then I have spent most of my time in The Writers’ Study, and I must say it has been a great privilege to have read so many amazing stories.

Initially I was selfish. All I wanted to do was to post my stories and receive feedback. But I think it’s safe to say I came for the AARs but stayed for the community. Everyone (and I really mean everyone) I met was kind, supportive and friendly. I was really impressed by the communal attitude and decided to stick with TWC as my main mode of publishing stories and interacting with other total war fans. From 2012-2014 I wrote a few AARs, the longest being To Change Our Fate, a Medieval 2 Sicilian AAR, and my favourite being The Astray Apprentice, a Skyrim AAR. It brought me great joy being a part of the active and vibrant community, and commenting and reading each others' stories made for a truly memorable time. Unfortunately in early 2015 I had to focus more on my studies which weren’t doing so well, and thus my presence on TWC gradually faded.

Returning in 2018
    After a 4 year hiatus, one day whilst thinking of writing, I recalled with fondness my time spent on TWC. I decided to return, to once again put keyboard to forum post (so to speak), and was very glad to see the TWC community still being made up of people equally encouraging and supportive. My biggest accomplishment in writing would be finally completing an AAR, God’s Justice. Shortly after, I started writing another Skyrim AAR, Fractured Dragon, which is currently in progress, though it has been stopped temporarily due to RL matters, but I digress. After a time, I realized that aside from writing, I could contribute to the community by being part of Content Staff, and for this I have Caillagh de Bodemloze and Alwyn to thank for offering me this opportunity.

Content work
    I started as a member of the Writers’ Study staff, and thanks to the guidance of Alwyn and Caillagh, I eventually wrote a review on an excellent AAR, Written In Sand by Kilo11, followed up with another review on In the Light of Dusk by Tigellinus. These two I consider to be my defining work in Content. Apart from those, I’ve also managed a few Writers’ Study competitions, including the Monthly After Action Report Competition, the Monthly Creative Writing Competition, and the Tale of the Week. I also proposed some changes, and I guess the biggest would be this, and whilst some didn’t work out in the end I’m quite pleased that the duel system came back for a bit!

My stay in WS Staff was shorter than I would have liked (again, due to studies), but it was a really enjoyable one and it really opened my eyes to how much work was necessary for the smooth running of the Study. But I was still eager to contribute to the forums, and when I discovered the Picture of the Week forum in 2019, I felt like I was discovering another WS all over again.

Another hobby of mine is to take screenshots of games, because aside from enjoying playing the game I do enjoy the art style of games very much as well. I wrote a blog about the intricacies of screenshot taking, as well as reviewing unofficially some of the POTWs. I joined the Content Art staff first as a backup for King Athelstan (to whom I owe great thanks for patronizing me), then later on as a full fledged competition manager when I had sufficient understanding of the forum mechanics, again thanks to KA. I managed the POTWs for about 4 months before once again having to leave due to RL commitments. After which, I filled in sporadically for KA where necessary, before that mantle was ultimately taken up by another capable member, Alexander78.

In summary, I have spent most of my time in the ‘TWC Library and Creative Workshop’ section of the forums, occasionally dabbling in the D&D and the Thema Devia. I am very glad to have discovered this site, and cherish greatly the time I have spent here, and the knowledge I have gleaned. This community has really impressed me and it would be my honor to join it as a citizen, should you guys deem my contributions sufficient.

Whatever the outcome, thanks for taking the time to consider my application!

I consider Swaeft both a dear friend, a great asset to TWC and a person both deserving of citizenship and with the potential to contribute even more for the site. And so, as I leave you to ponder I bid thee farewell with a little something

Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] Swaeft (Patron: King Athelstan)

Surely this is something we can all agree to back up. If I can get by on 14 votes without no's, this guy should get double, triple the support.

So put me on the list dammit.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Strong support!

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've seen his work when he was in Content Staff and I second Alwyn and Caillagh's inputs. Very easy support.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Normal support.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Long overdue indeed! Very strong support!

Happy to support.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Fully support!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

support
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

A good lad, easy support. Finishing an AAR is no small feat, and one that few accomplish - to say nothing of his original stories, which I recall were very well received back when I first joined the Study in 2013. Despite what some may consider to be a relatively short stint in staff, it was one marked with energy, enthusiasm and very solid work to boot, and is a nice feather in his cap.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Cdec support. Really thought he was a citizen already.

Support.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

My my Athelstan, your brood swells!

Anyway, Swaeft’s content contributions speak for themself, and he always has somethinf interesting or just nice to say anytime I see his name. Support.
    Last edited by Aexodus; April 15, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Really solid contributions and overall very good candidate! Between us former POTW hosts, that of course brings in some extra points in the bucket Support

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Support!
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Support and neeext!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm happy that I'm not late to the party!

Fantastic contributor and a very fine dude, I gladly support this application
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Poll added
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast