Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [TOOL] SMARTMAP - WE ARE RECRUITING!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

Icon4 [TOOL] SMARTMAP - WE ARE RECRUITING!

DeI

GC
    SMARTMAP
    TOOL

WHAT IS THAT?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Basically, it's a simple DeI GC (main_emperor) map redrawn in Autocad (worldwide program for vectorial drawings).
    And... some organized excel files with a (more or less) complete list of every useful data (startpos, db, scripts, whatever...)

WHY IS THAT?
    Well...:

1) I had pretty nothing to do during last weeks (I'm quarantined as most of you, probaly), and also had low will for actually mod something.
    2) It can be useful for graphical works since the auotcad file is built so to give great possibilities of adaptations and quick changes (I did the logo of this thread in 5 mins)
    3) MORE IMPORTANTLY, the excel files will store a lot of really useful infos for modders, mostly if they have to work on startpos or some complex systems. They can be useful for basic things too, obviously.

SO, WHAT NOW?
    WE'LL NEED TO RECRUIT PEOPLE FOR HELPING US RETRIEVING INFOS TO INSERT THEM INTO THE EXCEL FILES.

YOU WON'T NEED TO BE A MODDER NOR TO USE ANY OTHER PROGRAM EXCEPT FOR THE GAME ITSELF (with vanilla DeI ofc) AND EXCEL.

Why do we need people?
    If you do some mental math...
    We have 187 regions.
    Let's say that for retrieving what we're asking for is something like 15 minutes per region.
    If there is just one guy doing it... then he'll need something like 48 hours.
    ... If there are 187 guys... it will be just 20 minutes per guy.
    The more we are, the quicker and less individually painful it will be.

WHAT WILL I HAVE TO DO IF I WANNA "BE RECRUITED"?
    It's simple.

Download the zipped folder you'll find in the @DOWNLOAD spoiler
    It contains:

a) A folder with the autocad file (in the case you already use that program, it comes with all layers open)
    b) A folder with all the excel files containing some basic game datas already written inside (and a bonus excel file regarding factions)
    d) A folder with utility packs, one to remove the campaign fow, one to retrieve the x/y cohordinates and one which is a sort of full cheats pack where you'll get every region in the map at first turn and a lot more things (NEVER use both the x/y marher and the full cheat, use one or the other)
    c) A folder with some other maps, mostly the ones DeI team use for "graphical reasons" and for sharing basic infos

Now...
    If you open the "00_DeIGC_SMARTMAP_26_30_v_0_01" excel file...
    and you go to the exceel sheet called "28"...
    and if you move towards right till the "28C" region...

You'll see what you'll have to retrireve (this and another one regions are the only ones where I've inserted everything you DON'T need to retrieve)

------------------------------- BETTER EXPLANATIONS ABOUT HOW TO RETRIEVE INFOS ARE INSIDE THE DOWNLOADABLE FOLDER (ZZZ_INSTRUCTIONS.txt)

let's make an example with this region above, which is the "Gibraltar Strait" region owned by Carthago

PROVINCE NAME: you won't need to do that
    PROVINCE CULTURE: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE

OWNING FACTION: you won't need to do that
    GENERATED FACTION: you won't need to do that

REGION NAME: you won't need to do that
    REGION ARRAY: you won't need to do that
    REGION WONDER EFFECT: you won't need to do that
    REGION CLIMATE: you won't need to do that
    REGION POPULATION: you won't need to do that
    REGION SUPPLY: you won't need to do that
    REGION RESOURCE: you won't need to do that
    REGION GOLD PER TURN: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE

SETTLEMENT NAME: you won't need to do that
    SETTLEMENT BUILDINGS: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE
    SETTLEMENT COHORDINATES: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE

GENERAL: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE
    GENERAL'S UNITS: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE
    AOR UNITS (PROVINCIAL): PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE
    MERCS UNITS (PROVINCIAL): PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE
    AUX UNITS: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE
    AGENT: PLEASE, RETRIEVE IT. JUST OPEN THE GAME, READ THE VALUES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE EXCEL FILE

------------------------------- BETTER EXPLANATIONS ABOUT HOW TO RETRIEVE INFOS ARE INSIDE THE DOWNLOADABLE FOLDER (ZZZ_INSTRUCTIONS.txt)

As you can see, if you payed some attention..., the request is not so... overwhelming.
    Yes, there are many operations to do but they are really mechanical in most cases.

SO... PLEASE... SIGN YOURSELF FOR HELPING US!!!
    EVEN IF YOU'RE AVAILABLE JUST FOR A SINGLE REGION (you'll loose approximately 20 mins of your time for the behalf of one of your favorites mods...)

IS THIS TOOL REALLY USEFUL?
    Yeah, believe me, it is... a lot.

It will be EXTREMLY helpful (and time saving) for doing/redoing startpos and for any other thing developing inside a modder's mind.

SO, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

You'll find me:
    - in this thread
    - through TWC PM
    - in DeI discord channel as Jake Armitage: https://divideetimperamod.com/

Thanks.

@DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 14, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

Default Re: [TOOL] SMARTMAP - WE ARE RECRUITING!

RECRUIT LIST AND ASSIGNED FILES
    I'm waiting confirmation from other guys I was in contact with, before opening this thread

In the meantime:

- valerus kamaranus: 1-5 - 1st excel file
    - Atomic Punk: 6-10 - 2nd excel file
    - SFCzeus202: 11-15 - 3rd excel file
    - TrippinDaJive: 21-25 - 6th excel file
    - TheLonleyEmperor: 26-30 - 7th excel file
    - Summary: 31-35 - 8th excel file
    - wallo_swallo (discord): 56-58 - 12th excel file
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 20, 2020 at 04:00 AM.

So what is this tool used for?

What is that and why is that should answer you question

To retrieve the valuyes, only load vanilla DeI, or should use testudo too?

vanilla only, no submod except the cheat ones you find inside the download folder.

if you want to give help then, please, communicate the keys you want to do, for avoiding useless double work.
    thx.

valerius karamanus's Avatar Libertus

Wow Jake the way you have prepared excels and maps is mesmerizing. Very good stuff.

Sign valerius for the first pack please. I would like to give a hand.

If I understand correctly, this can reduce workload of DeI team if they ever want to redo start-pos right? Like changing family trees etc.

nice
    1-5 then, the first excel file?

Eh, I have pretty much experience about construction specifications with excel... so, building a logic for that was pretty natural.

It is mostly useful when modders have to build complex things.
    As described above, things like startpos and complex scripted systems which requires a lot of datas for being complete.
    It will save a lot of work/time/confusion to your brain.
    It's not to be considered DeI team only though, anyone may want to use it for anything he wants.
    And, obviously, when the tool will be completed and checked it will be released publicily.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 14, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

I realize you said "no submods". But does that also include graphical mods? Hoping to lend a hand but wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up.

sure, graphical mods won't change game numbers so you can use them freely

please choose an excel file by checking which ones have already been taken (#2 post) and write here which one you have chosed.
    that's to avoid people working on the same things, obviously

ps. retrosaurus finished yesterday the 6-10 excel file

Hi Jake, lockdown, out of a job and too much free time on my hands, your mods have been helping pass the time! So if I can help your little project that would be great.
    I can probably do a few files.

ok pefect, take the 10-15 then
    do what you wish in the time you want
    thx a lot man

Senator

My biggest wish that one day there's a mod that increases the number of Provinces on the Campaign Map-so that cities like Corinth or Thessaloniki get their chance to shine.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

you'll need to sneak into CA HQ and retrieve everything (rome2 related) for that.

now that I think of... if every dei user put 10 bucks on the table we could hire some pro who will execute the order successfully...

----

1-5 done by valerius

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    you'll need to sneak into CA HQ and retrieve everything (rome2 related) for that.

now that I think of... if every dei user put 10 bucks on the table we could hire some pro who will execute the order successfully...

----

1-5 done by valerius
    Hell I'd be willing to pay CA directly to release it. I want to sack Corinth dammit!
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Trying to get a handle of how to get the correct data. Going okay so far but I must confess I'm useless at figuring out how to use the x/y coordinate retriever.
    I'm focusing on 26-30 if that's okay.
    Once I do a page I might send you an example to make sure I'm filling it out correctly. Obviously wouldn't want to do it all for it to be wrong

thanks

just use the xy marker pack + spyviewer as submods (don't use the full cheat together with it, scripts will collide)
    once you have loaded a new gc campaign:

1) select whatever character/agent (player or AI)
    2) alt tab the game
    3) open your game main folder (the really first one, rome2 / romew empereor edition, however it's called)
    4) you'll see a log.txt file (which is created by the script)
    5) open it, the xy are clearly written inside the txt
    6) insert those 2 values
    7) close the txt file
    8) return to the game and repeat the process

26-30 it's ok
    sure send me your first done sheet

TrippinDaJive's Avatar Libertus

If the recruit list is current, I'll be doing 21-25!

it's all yours man
    (yeah, recruit list is always updated)

-----
    some infos for people who are doing this work

- Retrosaurus (discord) is retrieving meny things via saveparser, it seems it contains a lot of infos you may need

answsers to valerius' questions (coming from PM)

-I did not add province culture change next turn % because it always showed +100% change next turn to our faction's culture. Cheat pack caused this I think.

Yep, if you're using the full cheat pack then yeah, remove the cultural line from inside the db > campaign variables (sorry didn't think about that)

--Also region wealth change seems very random and should not be trusted. Main reason is, because our faction occupies all settlements, remaining armies became regionless rebels and they turn to foraging stance that gives 60% penalty to all region income.
    Uh... really, I don't know about that, could be though
    You would need to use the partially updated pack for AFP (all faction playable) which actually isn't publicily released, it's just inside the discord submodder alcove 'cause dresden uploaded there too.
    If you want I can send it to you or you can just keep things as you did

--I traced AoR units from buildings and added them to excel. But I have no idea what these "auxillari" units are..
    Auxiliaries should be rome units only coming from the auxiliary barrack, not the normal one.
    They aren't easy to be tracked down, probably via startpos should be the best way. Don't worry, leave them empty.

Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 19, 2020 at 02:45 PM.

Summary's Avatar Decanus

Sign me up. I will try to get it done tomorrow morning.

31 to 35?
    Last edited by Summary; April 19, 2020 at 04:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast