Thread: recruiting client rulers

Default recruiting client rulers

hello guys.

after turning one conquered city, i made it a roman allied state. the building description says i can recruit a client ruler. but it seems i cannot. there is not option in the recruitment slots. it also says i must do it before turning the allied state into a democracy or an oligarchy.

anyone has any clue how can i recruit the client ruler? thanks

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: recruiting client rulers

Well the recruitment system works so I don't know why you weren't able to. Did you have enough money?

What was the city where that happened?

I find that sometimes the Client Ruler recruitment bugs out. You can demolish the current Allied State building, then use process_cq <settlement name> to rebuild the Allied State. Hopefully that should fix it.

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Did you enslave the settlement when you took it? You may have zero'd the recruitment pool, which will take a long time for the Client Ruler unit to re-appear if that happened.

If there is existing allied state, you have to destroy the building. Then start the new allied state tree. You can create at the Level 2 of that building (before the choice of Oligarchy vs. Democracy). That is the only time you can recruit the Client Ruler I think.