Thread: Three Kingdoms Mod Questions & Recommendations

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Three Kingdoms Mod Questions & Recommendations

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it yourself? Ask away here! Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OP stolen from Trajan's.
    Last edited by Frunk; April 13, 2020 at 04:08 AM.

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Best realism mods

Any recommendations for realism mods for 3K?

Artifex

Default Re: Best realism mods

I doubt there are any. Not even Attila and ToB have received one.
    JaM, Da Vinci, Point Blank and Co. all seem to be busy with life or older mods.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Three Kingdoms Mod Questions & Recommendations

What a lively thread and fancy forum ... little reanimation, lol.

Hey Destin, i bought 3K yesterday, the whole chose. Since i'm back to play and mod (private) TW titles (ToB, R2), i thought i should use the current Steam sale for 3K. In fact, in the earlier days of TWC, there was once a big 3K mod plus one another based on an earlier Chinese history phase, on RTW or BI, can't remember exactly, and i was one of the ones who was appealed to mod it. That mod and whole forum threads were once a day deleted because the initial maker violated copy rights (from CA, iirc.).

However, i personally believe 3K is pretty good work by CA and i'm quite excited to dive into it next time ... to finding out if it catches me.

That aside, i just opened 3K database pack with PFM 5.2.4, to modify a few certain basic files, and discovered that most db files have no schema. Probably one reason why the 3K forums here are relatively empty.
    Will still try the RPFM.

Ontopic: Knows somebody, are there serious gameplay mods somewhere? Steam workshop or here or elsewhere?
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 20, 2023 at 11:31 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Found several interesting mods on Steam, especially by Alex Zhao.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

In my opinion, good ones (the ones I use) are:

- Extra skill points
    - Better AI templates
    - Relationships matter 1.7.2
    - TUP (Total Unique Pack)
    - WDG2
    - MTU (Make them Unique)
    - Court actions and politics
    - 1.7.2 bugfix
    - Reduced Strategic threat

The ones in Bold are IMO mandatory.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

still didnt touch this game so far
    Sklep z minimalistycznymi ubraniami oversize dla dzieci z lnu i bawełny organicznej.
    Lniane ubrania dla dzieci w akeforkids.pl

Patrician Artifex

@ fate

A mistake imo. ... actually after played (and modded) this game now almost every day a bit since installed, i come to the conclusion, that it is as of yet, a (or THE) masterpiece by CA. Just in comparison to all TW titles, excluding Warhammer, from which i have no clue (and no interest).

Of course, as usually vanilla TW games have flaws - that's where modding comes into place. And in meantime i'm pretty impressed, what Steam's 3K workshop offers there.
    Almost daily i discover interresting mods. I use now around 60 mods, from which 12 are my own (just packs in data folder) and some from the other also customised. Thanks to RPFM.

It requires quite some time to learning to handle this game properly, because alone fe. due to a quite overblown UI/interface (on the first glance).

I have huge fun with this game!

P.S. It needs but some interest in the historical period of China for the right immersion.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 24, 2023 at 04:38 PM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This game strikes gold for very few but clearly it hits well when it does. It needs more people in its modder's market to thrive I think as it hasn't been taken too seriously overall, even in general - not to speak of its condition here on TWC.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    i come to the conclusion, that it is as of yet, a (or THE) masterpiece by CA.
    Honestly, I think it is the best Total War game I have played, and I have played a lot of them. Just the fact that each faction plays different, with a different mechanic, not just different units or buildings, it is invigorating. The dynamics between the characters adds an extra layer that a simple "family tree" cannot capture.
    And for the little things, the characters' banter when they duel is also a huge bonus.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Honestly, I think it is the best Total War game I have played, and I have played a lot of them. Just the fact that each faction plays different, with a different mechanic, not just different units or buildings, it is invigorating. The dynamics between the characters adds an extra layer that a simple "family tree" cannot capture.
    And for the little things, the characters' banter when they duel is also a huge bonus.
    Agree, and I played (and modded) all TW titles, except Shogun1 and Warhammer series.

Btw., i don't play the Romance mode, but only the Records mode. For me in regard of TW gameplay, the Romance mode (duel and super-OP single-unit-generals slaughter regular units en masse) is something that (maybe) fits to Warhammer (just fantasy). Romance might provide a kind of fun, but would destroy every immersion for me. Records mode offers a somewhat perfect campaign with the historical frame of the Three Kingdoms period. I'm very thankful that CA offers this choice.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 26, 2023 at 03:54 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Agree, and I played (and modded) all TW titles, except Shogun1 and Warhammer series.

Btw., i don't play the Romance mode, but only the Records mode. For me in regard of TW gameplay, the Romance mode (duel and super-OP single-unit-generals slaughter regular units en masse) is something that (maybe) fits to Warhammer (just fantasy). Romance might provide a kind of fun, but would destroy every immersion for me. Records mode offers a somewhat perfect campaign with the historical frame of the Three Kingdoms period. I'm very thankful that CA offers this choice.
    There is a highly recommended Records mod for different and strange people like you that prefer realistic generals. A mod that makes the traits of some classes (I forget which) to affect the army more so that traits you would normally ignore have some value now.

Honestly, I would prefer a mod where SOME of the people are superheroes and others are like the Records versions. It makes zero sense to me that pen-pusher tacticians (forget the names) are beasts in battle. But I want Lu Bu, Zheng Jian, Liu Bei et al., Sun Ce etc to be beasts in battle. Cao Cao single handedly killing 50 people?!? No. I don't want that. When I get to play the "smart" people, I will probably switch to records.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 05, 2023 at 02:05 PM.