Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Decision] Dissolve the Curia

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default [Decision] Dissolve the Curia

I propose that we just dissolve the Curia entirely. The Curia doesn't actually do anything anymore, so we may as well just bring an end to it.

Edit: I have been informed that this proposal is not pretentious enough for the Curia. Hopefully this photographic image will rectify this shortcoming.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; April 11, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Decision] Dissolve the Curia

Opposed.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temerand Cope

You would, cos you just landed a plushy job with the Curia. C'mon the Curia does nothing.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Blog Entries

Our workings are cryptic and mysterious.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temerand Cope

"Our"? Mein gott you've drunk the Kool-Aid

PikeStance's Avatar Talk'in to me
    Blog Entries

Sorry, you the proposal lack pretentiousness, thus does not qualify as a Curia initiative. OPPOSED.

Shame shame...
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Opposed. When your dog is sick, you don't kill him straight away but (I hope) try to cure him first.
    The Curia recognizes contributions to the site and gives awards. It also appears quite important for some people for whatever reason that I respect nevertheless. That's enough for me to justify its existence for now.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    I propose that we just dissolve the Curia entirely. The Curia doesn't actually do anything anymore, so we may as well just bring an end to it.

Edit: I have been informed that this proposal is not pretentious enough for the Curia. Hopefully this photographic image will rectify this shortcoming.
    Dont mind me, just here to say: Nice.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

If this was a serious proposal, with an alternative to take care of awards. I'd support it.

mishkin's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    If this was a serious proposal, with an alternative to take care of awards. I'd support it.
    A basic structure (with curial staff and rules/constitution) is needed to carry out the distribution of prizes. (You need a guy to open a poll, declare a winner, close a thread, etc.)
    If you want to get rid of dead weight, get rid of official referrals, voncs, proposals and amendments, things that any user can do from the questions and sugestions subforum. Maybe it would result in chaos, but at least it would be fun.
    So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    A basic structure (with curial staff and rules/constitution) is needed to carry out the distribution of prizes. (You need a guy to open a poll, declare a winner, close a thread, etc.)
    If you want to get rid of dead weight, get rid of official referrals, voncs, proposals and amendments, things that any user can do from the questions and sugestions subforum. Maybe it would result in chaos, but at least it would be fun.
    I support this approach.
    Ich gebe immer noch
    Immer noch
    Ich taumle weiter
    Vorwärts! Abwärts!
    In meinen Adern fließt das schwarze Blut
    ASP - Schwarzes Blut

My Mods

Blog Entries

I disagree because it would water down the principle of citizenry. That perhaps doesn't mean much for you but it still does for some members as explained by Veteraan here. That's actually the main reason why I'm involved, still and again, in the Curia despite my own opinion about it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

mishkin's Avatar Comes Limitis

It seems good to me to reward citizenship only to those who have good behavior and I think it is good to expect good behavior from citizens, but the citizen referrals have no relation to how the vast majority of citizens behave, nor does it serve as a deterrent to the very few citizens who from time to time act like idiots. That said, nor did it seem wrong to me simply to grant a consul or the administration the power to withdraw their citizenship from people who have really screwed it up. (What I have proposed in my first post is all a bit of a wild west approach, not very thought out, of course).
    Last edited by mishkin; April 11, 2020 at 03:03 PM.
    So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Opposed.

Dissolving the Curia will never happen, not as long GED is the site owner.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...k-about-change

@Caligula: If you are not satified with what status the Curia has then there is always the option to resign your citizenship. No one can stop you, only yourself.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Imperator Majora's Avatar Wub.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Dissolving the Curia will never happen, not as long GED is the site owner.
    Even the most stubborn may fall to time, context, and depressing revelation.

That said, all this obviously runs in contrast to my motives at the moment. Three guesses what I think of it. That said, if we don't want to try and spark up the Curia for what it is/was, it might as well be downscaled permanently per some of the thoughts in this thread, because for all a scant few members get of it these days, the net result is depressingly irrelevant.

If revival is not an option for the time being and the choice is between neutering it further or skipping along the lake per now... I'd probably still oppose on the principle that an eventual waste of time in the current result is still time you're wasting here and not elsewhere, as would happen if there wasn't even the pretense of more to do. At least with the way it is we have something to about, even if I'd probably drop off and do something else eventually.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I disagree because it would water down the principle of citizenry.
    Sadly, that's been an ongoing process for a long time.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    C'mon the Curia does nothing.
    The Curia is actually important for the Tribunal and that's to observe moderation not being too harsh and a member, any member, can appeal (citizen or non-citizen can appeal for either reducing or removing an infraction) in the Tribunal.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...o-the-Tribunal (scroll down to the relevant part of the constitution)
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Primicerius

Although the judges could also be appointed by Hex or elected by a concilium plebis of non-citizens, as i remember by registering on the site only to subdue myself to the TOS, not to the will of not from me elected citizens, which judge me in court or representing my will on this site.

A lot would be won if citizen understand that citizenship is an honorary title and no noble patent and in the public act like that.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; April 11, 2020 at 08:59 PM.
    Ich gebe immer noch
    Immer noch
    Ich taumle weiter
    Vorwärts! Abwärts!
    In meinen Adern fließt das schwarze Blut
    ASP - Schwarzes Blut

My Mods

PikeStance's Avatar Talk'in to me
    Blog Entries

So citizenship still exist for the sake of rewarding those on the site, but we can't get rid of citizenship because we need someone to give awards.

if members no longer value citizenship and citizens no longer value it to pass it along, is there a point in awarding members?

The Curia is like someone dying an agonizing death, the living relatives bear not the thought of doing anything to end all hope why everyone else would neither miss nor feel the loss personally.

I think I Decided to be UNDECIDED.

----
    BTW, this is a serious proposal.
    Last edited by PikeStance; April 11, 2020 at 08:54 PM.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    It seems good to me to reward citizenship only to those who have good behavior and I think it is good to expect good behavior from citizens, but the citizen referrals have no relation to how the vast majority of citizens behave, nor does it serve as a deterrent to the very few citizens who from time to time act like idiots. That said, nor did it seem wrong to me simply to grant a consul or the administration the power to withdraw their citizenship from people who have really screwed it up. (What I have proposed in my first post is all a bit of a wild west approach, not very thought out, of course).
    Taking the risk to disgress a bit and that will be my last bit on that point: the point in the actual curial system is that referrals have to be approved by the Praefects first before to actually take place. The recent case is not enough to review that principle for now imo. Of course, if referrals become again a bad habbit of some, then that principle can be reviewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Although the judges could also be appointed by Hex or elected by a concilium plebis of non-citizens, as i remember by registering on the site only to subdue myself to the TOS, not to the will of not from me elected citizens, which judge me in court or representing my will on this site.

A lot would be won if citizen understand that citizenship is an honorary title and no noble patent and in the public act like that.
    Well, in that case, no point at all to keep such feature/principle and just act like any other site in where basically Moderation is the Law and no discussion about its decisions is peritted. Then, TWC would loose its specificity. Not sure that most of the members would agree, especially from the Mudpit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Sadly, that's been an ongoing process for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    So citizenship still exist for the sake of rewarding those on the site, but we can't get rid of citizenship because we need someone to give awards.

if members no longer value citizenship and citizens no longer value it to pass it along, is there a point in awarding members?

The Curia is like someone dying an agonizing death, the living relatives bear not the thought of doing anything to end all hope why everyone else would neither miss nor feel the loss personally.

I think I Decided to be UNDECIDED.

----
    BTW, this is a serious proposal.
    Possibly. Who knows? But there's still new blood coming to the Curia and this kind of discussion like here, here or even here (even if minor) makes me think that nothing is engraved in stone for sure yet.
    In any case, dissolving the Curia won't change anything nor help. The Curia might be useless or agonizing for some but it can not be blamed for the site issues. In the worst case, let it die "natural".

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast