View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 9 of 201 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: USA elections 2020

your link from a month ago before her story was corroborated by a neighbor, her interview by Katie halper, the Larry King episode, and just about all the that has been uncovered since doesn't prove anything, and it certainly doesn't prove that shes changed her story. Also this link reads more like a character smear/assassination rather than a unbiased journalistic peice.

changing a story and unveiling more of a story are two different things. I can tell you've never worked with psychologically damaged individuals before.

also since when are retweets and "likes" of a tweet proof that you agree with the tweet? Since when are tweets being used as evidence for anything in "serious" investigative journalism. Holy they didn't actually dig at all, just went through 3 years of tweets. BRAVO. I bet if you went back into my facebook Timeline you'd see me praising trump for something. I MUST BE CONNECTED TO TRUMP. Jfc
    Last edited by RedGuard; May 06, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    your link from a month ago before her story was corroborated by a neighbor, her interview by Katie halper, the Larry King episode, and just about all the that has been uncovered since doesn't prove anything, and it certainly doesn't prove that shes changed her story. Also this link reads more like a character smear/assaination rather than a unbiased journalistic peice.

changing a story and unveiling more of a story are two different things. I can tell you've never worked with psychologically damaged individuals before.
    The authors of that piece (the Krassenstein brothers) are anti-Trump grifters. They were notorious on Twitter until they were permanently banned for using fake accounts and purchasing account interactions for the purposes of message amplification. One might almost say they were mimicking the activities of Kremlin's IRA.

I was going to write a general rebuttal to their article, but a commentator on the piece has already summarized my thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by A_H_
    There’s not really enough information here to impart strong feelings about whether she’s telling the truth or not. If anything, her years of back-and-forth about Biden and Russia make her story that she was totally derailed by what happened more compelling. In light of accusations from other women and the fact she could make much stronger ones, if no additional information is revealed between now and election day, it’s enough for me not to want to vote for him. I could be persuaded out of my position if it started to look more like she’d actively lied instead of tried to simplify a complicated situation.

Journalists willing to dig up her original paperwork accusing him of assault in 1993 and conduct interviews with the people she told around the time to see if they corroborate with her story would do a service to the cause of getting a better idea of the truthfulness of this accusation without destroying anyone’s dignity.
    Last edited by Cope; May 06, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^ I guess this puts the bed the idea that two minds are always better than one.

what a bunch of clowns. This is what zoomers think journalism is.

I just want to add that if the perpetrator is especially charismatic, often the victim develops a love hate relationship with the perpetrator. This is not uncommon at all. This would more than explain her idiosyncratic views on Biden in 3 years of tweets. But they are just tweets.

Imagine if people assumed Trump believed and tried to do every single thing he tweeted.
    Last edited by RedGuard; May 06, 2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    ^ I guess this puts the bed the idea that two minds are always better than one.

what a bunch of clowns. This is what zoomers think journalism is.

I just want to add that if the perpetrator is especially charismatic, often the victim develops a love hate relationship with the perpetrator. This is not uncommon at all. This would more than explain her idiosyncratic views on Biden in 3 years of tweets. But they are just tweets.

Imagine if people assumed Trump believed and tried to do every single thing he tweeted.
    The accusations levelled against Biden have not been evidenced enough to warrant the attention they are receiving. The issue for me - and I think many others - is the hypocrisy on display from senior liberals. It wasn't so long ago that they were whipping up mobs and demanding the lynching of Kavanaugh on the basis of non-credible allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Question: Anyone knows where the heck is Biden?
    A question I wonder if Biden himself could answer.

Also, anyone else thinking that we may have the sex scandal upside down?
    I am starting to think that Biden is hiding, afraid of Tara Reade, because she sexually assaulted him.
    I doubt it, once you get the magic (D) after your name, all prior and future sins do not matter. Biden could appear in blackface and it would be described as tastefully done by the media. Biden is in hiding because he can't string a coherent sentence together. For now the leftists have assembled the piecemeal defense that while Biden has dementia, so does Trump. I'm willing to let them to continue making that argument because it will become moot the moment Joe Biden has to debate Trump. I'm willing to sit back on that one.

As for the Tara Reade allegations, all the lefties are still arguing the whataboutist argument that while Joe may be a creepy hair sniffing rapist, Trump is the greater evil and even rapier. This also misses the point entirely. The point is the rampant hypocrisy of the #metoo movement. I never once said that I believe all women, and I think everyone including Joe Biden is entitled to due process. However, I think it is only fair that we apply Joe Biden's standards to his own situation. By those standards, he is presumptively guilty of everything that Reade has alleged and we should conduct an FBI investigation to gather more information. He must be cancelled.

Some liberals are trying to have their cake and eat it by claiming to "believe" Reade whilst still planning to vote for Biden. The author of this NYT opinion piece twists herself into a pretzel making a pseudo-intellectual argument about how a vote for Biden (who she contends is a sexual offender) is really an expression of "utilitarianism". I dare say there are few things more absurd than watching people dress up their cognitive dissonance in the language of the intelligentsia.
    Last edited by Cope; May 06, 2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    really an expression of "utilitarianism". I dare say there are few things more absurd than watching people dress up their cognitive dissonance in the language of the intelligentsia.
    I see it more as the terminal stage of moral relativism the left has been injecting society with since arguably the free love days. The ends can justify the means every time and those with sin should cast the first stone. Though I'm not much of a philosopher so I should probably shut up before I put my foot in it, but you're not wrong. Like I've been telling people for months now, I'm not defending Trump on most things. I'm sick of having my intelligence insulted by constant gas lighting and the shifting of the goal posts.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    As for the Tara Reade allegations, all the lefties are still arguing the whataboutist argument that while Joe may be a creepy hair sniffing rapist, Trump is the greater evil and even rapier.

This is... I had stuff to say, I had other things to discuss but this... this blew my mind.
    There rest are tertial stuff. We have people expressing the opinion that Rape can be forgiven in the face of Trump.

I don't believe Biden is a rapist to be honest. But for someone that believes it to say so is ... stunning. That voter is willing to vote for a person she assumes sexually assaulted a woman, went inside her undergarments, used his power and connections to cover the fact for years because... that person that did all that is not Trump.
    I have no words, no words.

This also misses the point entirely. The point is the rampant hypocrisy of the #metoo movement. I never once said that I believe all women, and I think everyone including Joe Biden is entitled to due process. However, I think it is only fair that we apply Joe Biden's standards to his own situation. By those standards, he is presumptively guilty of everything that Reade has alleged and we should conduct an FBI investigation to gather more information. He must be cancelled.
    That's a point I made a few days ago but I too stunned by the "Unfortunately, Tara Reade, I have to vote for the person that I think he sexually assaulted you." to repeat that.

Some liberals are trying to have their cake and eat it by claiming to "believe" Reade whilst still planning to vote for Biden. The author of this NYT opinion piece twists herself into a pretzel making a pseudo-intellectual argument about how a vote for Biden (who she contends is a sexual offender) is really an expression of "utilitarianism".
    Oh great... so, it's not just that one misguided woman that says "Sorry lass, I will vote for your rapists. For the greater good".
    My mind... my mind is hurting. I can't believe my eyes.

I can understand hypocrisy and I can understand saying "I changed my mind, I believe in due process."
    For the life of me, I can't understand "I believe both of them are rapists so I will vote for the ... one that talks a bit nicer" argument.

I mean... what?! Like, really, what?!
    "I believe both of them are murderers but the guy on the right also parked on a handicapped spot! So, the guy on the left is a better guy."
    That's the level of argument I see here.

PS. Perhaps I am not the one that should point this out, but keep this in mind when discussing whether it is "OK" to vote for the "better rapist of the two". AGAIN: I don't believe Biden did it. But apparently, some people DO believe it and are ready to vote for him regardless. At least the Trump crowd had the decency to dismiss Trump's "grab her by the ..." remark as crude banter. Not actually saying "in some cases, rape is fine".
    Last edited by alhoon; May 06, 2020 at 03:23 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I see it more as the terminal stage of moral relativism the left has been injecting society with since arguably the free love days.
    "Alt-right conspiracy theorist claims that morality can be INJECTED." *scoff scoff*

The ends can justify the means every time and those with sin should cast the first stone. Though I'm not much of a philosopher so I should probably shut up before I put my foot in it, but you're not wrong. Like I've been telling people for months now, I'm not defending Trump on most things. I'm sick of having my intelligence insulted by constant gas lighting and the shifting of the goal posts.
    That has typically been my position too, though people still insist on labelling me a Trump sycophant. Once upon a time I voted for the libs, but they've gradually become the masters of unrestricted globalism and identity grifting. Their irrational sacred cows (the Thunberg cult, the 1619 project, the insistence that gender is independent from physiology, the oppression hierarchy etc.) are just too ludicrous for me to accept.
    Last edited by Cope; May 06, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Good luck finding a woman running mate, Biden.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Good luck finding a woman running mate, Biden.
    I'm not sure what twitter feed you're reading but Biden's still being outright lobbied for the position. If he wants a female running mate, he'll have a female running mate.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I'm not sure what twitter feed you're reading but Biden's still being outright lobbied for the position. If he wants a female running mate, he'll have a female running mate.
    I am using my own common sense, I don't have a twitter account at all.
    Sure, there'll be soul-sells, but saying these allegations won't make it much harder for him to entice top-tier women running mates - an important thing for a 75-years old, is simply false.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Stacey ing Abrams

The idea that some corrupt, failed politician from DeKalb County could very likely be the 47th President of the United States is almost enough for me to want to burn all of my home state down.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; May 06, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

That has typically been my position too, though people still insist on labelling me a Trump sycophant. Once upon a time I voted for the libs, but they've gradually become the masters of unrestricted globalism and identity grifting. Their irrational sacred cows (the Thunberg cult, the 1619 project, the insistence that gender is independent from physiology, the oppression hierarchy etc.) are just too ludicrous for me to accept.
    I've never voted for 'libs' (i.e. Democrats (with one possible exception, but I can't recall with certainty)). I did not vote for Trump in 2016. It is about 99.9% likely that I will not vote for him this year.
    If he does stuff I agree with, great. If he does not, bad. But the constant deceitful behavior by the 'opposition' will make laugh if he does win...

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Worse.
    It would allow them to try for a Comey-Hillary-2016 upset again.
    Hillary was 5-6 points ahead. Commey, the guy that is mainly responsible for Trump's presidency (and soon sacked by Trump) opened her files and the headlines exploded of "FBI investigates Hillary's emails!!!!" and Hillary's lead fell to 2 points. Giving Trump enough slim majorities in several states.
    Comey made Trump the PotUS because of personal ambition and looking for the spotlight and publicity. Trump made Comey unemployed because Comey got the spotlight.

10 days before the elections the Senate could say "We open the Biden Files, and it looks bad for Biden!!!"
    Then call him for questioning 5-6 days before the elections, with spooky allegations.
    Then 2-3 days after the election they would say "You know what? False alarm. Following those leads didn't lead us where we thought originally. Sorry."

It could backfire and lead to the democrats closing ranks around Biden and going out to vote.
    It could also work and lead to the democrats saying "you know what? They're both crap. I will watch TV instead" and not go out to vote.
    And it is an option the Republicans have on their hands, a risk they may decide to take ... or not. But it is in their ammo cart.

The Senate can't decide to open the files at the university of Delaware. Only Biden could authorize those files be released, and even if he said to release them it's likely they haven't been digitized and indexed. Doing so would take months at the very least.

Biden has already called on the senate to release relevant info to the case, he would not have done that if he wasn't confident they didn't have incriminating info.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Biden has already called on the senate to release relevant info to the case, he would not have done that if he wasn't confident they didn't have incriminating info.
    I think you missed my point, friend.
    Yes, I am also confident that there's no incriminating info on those papers in the senate too. I was also confident in November 2016 that the FBI investigation on Hillary's emails will turn up nothing, and I was right.

What I am saying is not that there will be incriminating things over those papers. I am also not saying that Biden is trying to bury those.
    What I am saying is that by controlling the senate, the Republicans may "make noise" about those papers in the last days of October. Say they found "the smoking gun!" again. Remember all the smoking guns about Hillary in 2016? That turned out to be smoking potheads with conspiracy theories?
    That kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    The Senate can't decide to open the files at the university of Delaware. Only Biden could authorize those files be released, and even if he said to release them it's likely they haven't been digitized and indexed. Doing so would take months at the very least.

What I find ironic is that if Tara Reade complained to the Senate the Secretary of the Senate can't even release to Tara Reade if she complained much less the nature of what that complaint was. The nature of that legal pretzel is pretty ironic.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

New Reporting Increases Doubts on Tara Reade’s Allegation Against Joe Biden

Some of the highlights:

-Reade’s friend admitted to lying to a reporter to fit Reade’s narrative.

-
    All 74 Biden staffers NewsHour contacted did not know of any sexual assault.

-The physical geography does not line up with Reade’s claim.

The main takeaway is that Reade seems to lie to people frequently. In particular, she preys upon their sympathy to take advantage of their good nature. She has abused the goodwill of landlords and neighbors in this way, repeatedly, leaving them to see her as a dishonest person. It’s possible a person with these qualities could have been sexually assaulted, but the pattern certainly has bearing on her credibility.
    But tell you what Republicans, lets go ahead and hold a hearing with Reade at the same time we do one for each of the 25+ women who have accused Trump. Unless your faith in your leader's character isn't as solid as you'd like us to believe?

None of that matters. We must believe all womens.

None of that matters. We must believe all womens.
    Tell that to the Duke Lacross team. Or Rolling Stone when they jumped the gun in the U. Virginia case.

It's only "believe all women" on the fringe. For the rest of the left it's "Don't immediately dismiss every woman who says she was raped as a liar. Investigate the claim like you would any other claim a crime has been committed." That's all we ask for.