View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 5 of 201 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    I don't know what you mean. The only thing you should be thinking about is winning. Everything else is sorta secondary at this point.
    You just spent three paragraphs talking about what votes Stacey Abrams can reel in and only that. If you think that's all I talked about I'm pretty sure you didn't even read past the second sentence of my post.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    You just spent three paragraphs talking about what votes Stacey Abrams can reel in and only that. If you think that's all I talked about I'm pretty sure you didn't even read past the second sentence of my post.
    I get your point, there are more things to consider when picking a VP than just how they can contribute to a political victory, but none of that matters when the 2020 election is so critical. I don't care if they put a dead body as a VP if it seals the win for Biden. Maybe lay off the sass lest it shoots yourself in the foot.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ive never even heard Stacy Abrams talk. Does she lay on that Georigan access all thick nah? I don't like her just based on every moron on NBC wanting her to be everyone's vp from Bloomberg to Biden. Also the fact that she wants to be VeeP tells you what kind of person she is.

You should hear her speak. She’s not bad, I just don’t think she brings anything of value as VP that other potential choices don’t already.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Ive never even heard Stacy Abrams talk. Does she lay on that Georigan access all thick nah? I don't like her just based on every moron on NBC wanting her to be everyone's vp from Bloomberg to Biden. Also the fact that she wants to be VeeP tells you what kind of person she is.
    She might possibly make Georgia purple. But from an election standpoint I can't foresee much else. From an administration standpoint she'd be better in a well place position for taking advantage of her experience. Keep in mind, re VP; she hasn't exactly won a race above State Assembly. She just lost Georgia Governor in such a flashy way as to be national news.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

She might possibly make Georgia purple
    yeah just like Hillary was gonna make Texas purple

Hillary was never going to make Texas purple. Not as a function of who she was. Texas is more of a function of its cities being who and what they are vs the rural areas and as time passes the population in the city is getting more blue and overpowering the rural red districts and as a state for the Presidential vote is getting more purple.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

They said Hillary could possibly turn Texas, Arizona and Georgia blue. Instead she turned Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Pennslyvania and Wisconsin Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wESkrhxJHQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPqilCAfjes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci6lKbb0HxA

the usual suspects that were so sure about Hillary Clinton are now sure about Joe Biden and think Stacy Abrams or Elizabeth Warren (a less vocal and smaller minority, usually ones that don't have a future in business) should be his VP.

Let that sink in.

nevermind, if it hasn't sunk in by now it never will
    Last edited by RedGuard; April 19, 2020 at 01:48 PM.

They can be wrong all they want, doesn't change the fact that Texas is more a function of time than it was ever a function of Hillary.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

NBC/WSJ poll has Biden leading Trump 49%-42%

- Biden leads 49%-43% in 11 battleground states (AZ, CO, FL, ME, MI, MN, NV, NH, NC, PA, WI)

- Biden is at 42% with white voters, +3 better than Obama and +5 better than Clinton

- Biden leads 60-10 with voters who dislike both candidates. I recall that this demo broke overwhelmingly for Trump in 2016

- Biden leads 52-43 with voters aged 65+. Must be cognitive decline

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Well, we'll see come November how that would play out. Hillary had a large lead over Trump until Comey brought up the allegations over her emails again, effectively halving her lead from +6-7% to 3% and handing Trump the election.

The thing is, with the system in place it doesn't matter if Biden wins over Trump by 10 million votes in California. Whether it is 1000 votes or a million votes doesn't matter.
    That "rural 23%" so far from the election, before Trump has started his broadsides on Biden, should be a great concern for Democrats.
    With Urban+25% Biden and Rural +23% Trump, Trump wins.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 21, 2020 at 02:29 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

These are more interesting because they're for actual states:

http://stpetepolls.org/files/StPeteP...il17_G84JW.pdf

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...sApril2020.pdf

http://indypolitics.org/poll-positions-9/

https://www.postalley.org/wp-content...with-Trump.pdf

http://www.millsaps.edu/_resources/d...april-sots.pdf

Biden's ahead where you expect him to be ahead. Trump is ahead where you expect him to be ahead. Ties in the usual places. But...I will say. North Carolina is an interesting place to have a close poll.

Alhoon is right though. October Surprises are a thing in pretty much every presidential election. We'll see what happens this year.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bipartisa...145850378.html

"
    "The Committee found no reason to dispute the Intelligence Community's conclusions," said Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C.
    The new report by the Republican-run committee — which examines how the assessment was put together — undercuts criticisms by some of President Trump's supporters that the spy agencies overstated Russia's activities."

So, there you have it. The Republicans kinda admit Russia interfered pro-Trump in 2016 (which is not to say Trump was aware or complicit, just that the Russians did it).

I don't want to talk about 2016, what's done is done. I want to talk about 2020.
    Do you think the Russians would try to interfere again? Would it work better than the last time (that didn't work well)? Would perhaps the democrats see the above as validation use this to undermine Trump supporters as Russian-led trolls even when they are not influenced by Russians but came to prefer Trump for their own reasons?

Do you think American Democracy is better shielded from such actions in 2020?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Meh, in the context of pro-Israel and pro-war lobbies, Russian "interference" is simply statistically negligible. Also American alphabet agencies have their own troll farms, wonder if they took part in the same way their Russian colleagues did.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Meh, in the context of pro-Israel and pro-war lobbies, Russian "interference" is simply statistically negligible. Also American alphabet agencies have their own troll farms, wonder if they took part in the same way their Russian colleagues did.
    What you say is true, BUT:
    - Those lobbies are USA lobbies. Not foreign governments (although they are supported openly by a foreign government). Israel is openly and legally using its influence to lobby. You make like or dislike what they do and how they do it, and you may vote against the politicians that are in cahoots with the pro-Israel lobbies. But what Israel does is legal in USA.
    - The alphabet agencies that do the same thing are USA agencies, not foreign governments.
    There you have it: One is legal interference and the other is domestic.
    Russia is covert, foreign interference and that means they won't play by the same rules as Israel.

Now:
    - Yes, compared to the power of the gun lobbies and the power of the pro-Israel lobbies, I think Russia's influence is tiny.

All in all @Heather Hammer: We agree on the facts, not the interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/bipartisa...145850378.html

"The Committee found no reason to dispute the Intelligence Community's conclusions," said Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C.
    The new report by the Republican-run committee — which examines how the assessment was put together — undercuts criticisms by some of President Trump's supporters that the spy agencies overstated Russia's activities."

So, there you have it. The Republicans kinda admit Russia interfered pro-Trump in 2016 (which is not to say Trump was aware or complicit, just that the Russians did it).

I don't want to talk about 2016, what's done is done. I want to talk about 2020.
    Do you think the Russians would try to interfere again? Would it work better than the last time (that didn't work well)? Would perhaps the democrats see the above as validation use this to undermine Trump supporters as Russian-led trolls even when they are not influenced by Russians but came to prefer Trump for their own reasons?

Do you think American Democracy is better shielded from such actions in 2020?
    The Ds relentless attempts to use Russian interference as a partisan club have played straight into the Kremlin's hands. Every time a false narrative is spun about collusion, an innocent person is accused of being a "asset" or the election is declared to be "illegitimate", Moscow's polarization scheme scores another success. Given the inevitable continuation of the collusion/kompromat/puppet smear campaign (we've already seen it this year in the D primaries), I expect that Putin will be laughing all the way to the 2020 election.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The Ds relentless attempts to use Russian interference as a partisan club have played straight into the Kremlin's hands. Every time a false narrative is spun about collusion, an innocent person is accused of being a "asset" or the election is declared to be "illegitimate", Moscow's polarization scheme scores another success. Given the inevitable continuation of the collusion/kompromat/puppet smear campaign (we've already seen it this year in the D primaries), I expect that Putin will be laughing all the way to the 2020 election.
    Putin doesn't have many cards but he plays them well.

I always said if Trump had colluded he would've live tweeted it. It was lazy partisan crap to paint him as a traitor.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Putin doesn't have many cards but he plays them well.

I always said if Trump had colluded he would've live tweeted it. It was lazy partisan crap to paint him as a traitor.
    It was "lazy partisan crap" that served Putin's interests by polarizing Americans. The liberal class' hysterical hatred of Trump has significantly damaged the US over the past five years.
    Last edited by Cope; April 23, 2020 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What you say is true, BUT:
    - Those lobbies are USA lobbies. Not foreign governments (although they are supported openly by a foreign government). Israel is openly and legally using its influence to lobby. You make like or dislike what they do and how they do it, and you may vote against the politicians that are in cahoots with the pro-Israel lobbies. But what Israel does is legal in USA.
    - The alphabet agencies that do the same thing are USA agencies, not foreign governments.
    There you have it: One is legal interference and the other is domestic.
    Russia is covert, foreign interference and that means they won't play by the same rules as Israel.

Now:
    - Yes, compared to the power of the gun lobbies and the power of the pro-Israel lobbies, I think Russia's influence is tiny.

All in all @Heather Hammer: We agree on the facts, not the interpretation.
    - Pro-Israel lobby is a foreign lobby as well, so what it does is as legal as what Russia was allegedly doing. Not to mention instances where Israel actually spied against US.
    - If American trolls post in foreign countries, then it makes sense for them to return the "favor".
    Russia isn't part of USA, but neither is Israel. It is kinda hypocritical, how American elites and deep staters pretend to be outraged about the former, but not the latter. I'm sorry, but if you have a thing like AIPAC allowed to exist, complaining about some Russians making fun of Democrats on Facebook as "election interference" is height of hypocrisy.

I listened to Stay Abrams talk finally. I had to subject myself to the View to do it. I must say I don't see the appeal. Shes articulate but has zero charisma.