View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

According to what I've read she's filed a police report but that's sort of a moot point because the statute of limitations in DC is 15 years for the worst case scenario(which includes rape) and goes down from there. It's more of a what kind of salacious story can get told and who can dig up their own independent details on it. We've seen enough websites reprint these stories, but a lot of news agencies aren't going to put out their own stories unless they can confirm their own sources. I find 15 a politically ironic number for the story coming out right now because the story would be within the statute of limitations in DC in 2008. But take that as you will. Bringing these stories out is difficult, but doing anything about them is even harder when you can't do anything about them. The statute of limitations is there to literally protect the defendant and not make them hoard everything they bring in for their entire life just in case it needs to be evidence in a case.

And eh...as much as I don't like Kavanaugh's politics. The statute of limitations is there to protect him as well. Kavanaugh wasn't brought up in court. If you want something done with this, bring Biden and this women before a committee, where there literally is no statute of limitations. Just like Kavanaugh and Ford; and just like Thomas and Hill.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    According to what I've read she's filed a police report but that's sort of a moot point because the statute of limitations in DC is 15 years for the worst case scenario(which includes rape) and goes down from there. It's more of a what kind of salacious story can get told and who can dig up their own independent details on it. We've seen enough websites reprint these stories, but a lot of news agencies aren't going to put out their own stories unless they can confirm their own sources. I find 15 a politically ironic number for the story coming out right now because the story would be within the statute of limitations in DC in 2008. But take that as you will. Bringing these stories out is difficult, but doing anything about them is even harder when you can't do anything about them. The statute of limitations is there to literally protect the defendant and not make them hoard everything they bring in for their entire life just in case it needs to be evidence in a case.

And eh...as much as I don't like Kavanaugh's politics. The statute of limitations is there to protect him as well. Kavanaugh wasn't brought up in court. If you want something done with this, bring Biden and this women before a committee, where there literally is no statute of limitations. Just like Kavanaugh and Ford; and just like Thomas and Hill.
    You're missing the point. The issue isn't about bringing criminal charges against Biden, its about the toxic double standard of the liberal press and liberal activists. They screamed "believe all women" from the rooftops when allegations were made against Trump, Kavanaugh, Moore and even Bloomberg, but were largely silent when Biden was accused. What little reporting they have done has been mealy-mouthed, hypocritical and at times even bordering on threatening. As Fox noted, one of the NYT's original pieces made a veiled threat against Reade and other potential accusers by pointing out that filing false police reports was a criminal offence.

As far as the election is concerned, we can assume that the willingness of these outlets to act as the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party will continue. Do not expect objective or balanced reporting on this issue or any other.
    Last edited by Cope; April 12, 2020 at 05:51 PM.

I actually addressed the press in there. They'll be happy to reprint stories a day, two days, however much time they have to wait to give the origin of the story sole reading. But for them to do their own story they want to source it theirselves. That's a different issue.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

The question is not what can be done legally (Democrat brass tends to get away scotch free with far worse stuff), but the fact that formerly reputable outlet decides to pick Joe Biden as a hill for its journalistic credibility to die on, while hilariously admitting that he did, in fact, commit sexual misconduct. The very language of the statement is poetic, in how partisan it is in favor of Biden, especially given the context of current age of "me too" movement. All the concerns for women's rights go out the window when it comes to your party's front-runner, while, without a doubt, pearls will still be clutched over Trump saying P-word sometime back in 2000s.

Kavanaugh and Thomas. Both Judges, needing confirmation for appointment to higher office.

What committee would have authority to bring Biden, currently a private citizen, before it?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    The question is not what can be done legally [...] but the fact that formerly reputable outlet decides to pick Joe Biden as a hill for its journalistic credibility to die on, while hilariously admitting that he did, in fact, commit sexual misconduct. The very language of the statement is poetic, in how partisan it is in favor of Biden, especially given the context of current age of "me too" movement. All the concerns for women's rights go out the window when it comes to your party's front-runner, while, without a doubt, pearls will still be clutched over Trump saying P-word sometime back in 2000s.

I disagree with Heathen Hammer in 99% of his posts.
    I agree with this one (Well the part that I left at least).
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Kavanaugh and Thomas. Both Judges, needing confirmation for appointment to higher office.

What committee would have authority to bring Biden, currently a private citizen, before it?
    On a whim? That's the question. I mean, there's a rather intricate history for Biden and starting the Violence Against Women Act. You might logically start with the judiciary committee on that alone. But here we are getting into the politics. Forget the House. Now, do you think Mitch and his Senators are willing to start this bloodbath with 23 Republican seats up?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

On a whim? That's the question. I mean, there's a rather intricate history for Biden and starting the Violence Against Women Act. You might logically start with the judiciary committee on that alone. But here we are getting into the politics. Forget the House. Now, do you think Mitch and his Senators are willing to start this bloodbath with 23 Republican seats up?
    Uh, what? I have no thoughts on that.
    You introduced bringing Biden (as was done with seated judges up for higher office, giving some way to pressure them, if necessary) before a committee, to answer to accusations of criminal sexual misconduct.

I want to know what committee has that authority, considering Biden is a private citizen, and no committee has a way to stop him from running for office.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I want to know what committee has that authority, considering Biden is a private citizen, and no committee has a way to stop him from running for office.
    I just answered your question. It's literally the grounds of the Judiciary Committee. Not only for Biden's history, but the acts being thrown around.

But the question one has to bandy about is, do you think one of the Chambers is willing to deal with the politics of it. The House likely won't. But do you think the Senate?

This isn't some theoretical 'we can't investigate a crime over its statute' question. Do you think the politicians would be willing to put up with the fallout?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I just answered your question. It's literally the grounds of the Judiciary Committee. Not only for Biden's history, but the acts being thrown around.

But the question one has to bandy about is, do you think one of the Chambers is willing to deal with the politics of it. The House likely won't. But do you think the Senate?

This isn't some theoretical 'we can't investigate a crime over its statute' question. Do you think the politicians would be willing to put up with the fallout?
    I've read the line of discussion and haven't seen anyone bringing up either of the Chambers. My initial post was about legacy media simping for a Dem front-runner with multiple sexual misconduct allegations, pointing out how concerns for women's rights are sacrificed on the altar of partisanship by the media establishment. Nobody suggested that either of the Chambers is going to do anything legally in that regard. The point was demonstrating the ideological hypocrisy of the legacy media, which treats each side of the elections with different standards.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The New York Times had to delete this tweet today after getting ratioed to hell on twitter. Joe Biden dancing around sexual allegations with dementia is going to be prime time television.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

the media all over Bernie the entire primary, now they will hide clear sexual assault allegations for Biden. When it all comes out a week before November 8th, they'll probably blame it on James Comey again

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    the media all over Bernie the entire primary, now they will hide clear sexual assault allegations for Biden. When it all comes out a week before November 8th, they'll probably blame it on James Comey again
    That would be the same liberal media (CNN) which tried to frame Bernie for "misogyny" after Warren accused him (almost certainly falsely) of claiming that a woman couldn't be president. It would also be the same liberal media which threw a hissy fit about Trump's firing of Comey after they'd whined incessantly about the latter's incompetence for reopening the Clinton email case.

As I said, don't ever expect objectivity or balance from these people. They are agents of wealth and power, not truth.
    Last edited by Cope; April 14, 2020 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    That would be the same liberal media (CNN) which tried to frame Bernie for "misogyny" after Warren accused him (almost certainly falsely) of claiming that a woman couldn't be president. It would also be the same liberal media which threw a hissy fit about Trump's firing of Comey after they'd whined incessantly about the latter's incompetence for reopening the Clinton email case.

As I said, don't ever expect objectivity or balance from these people. They are agents of wealth and power, not truth.
    As one gropes for an appropriate word of approbation to the sentiment expressed above, one finds in the Urban Dictionary the precisely felicitous mot juste
    based

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

That would be the same liberal media (CNN) which tried to frame Bernie for "misogyny" after Warren accused him (almost certainly falsely) of claiming that a woman couldn't be president
    not to mention that was "exclusive" reporting by Cnn which also ran the debate where that ridiculous question was asked to Bernie, and then turned to warren to ask "so when Bernie said you were inferior how did you react?" so she could get a orchestrated moment that other news media would run, but which ultimately combined with several other reasons killed her campaign.

not to mention that was "exclusive" reporting by Cnn which also ran the debate where that ridiculous question was asked to Bernie, and then turned to warren to ask "so when Bernie said you were inferior how did you react?" so she could get a orchestrated moment that other news media would run, but which ultimately combined with several other reasons killed her campaign.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up Biden's VP pick.

not woke enough imo. Got to be a black centrist woman at this point, to get the blue check marks fully on board and also throw a bone to his black support, hoping to claw back the 6% of blacks that voted for Trump which arguably put him(further) over the edge in a few states like Florida.

The press commonly uses leading questions to set or maintain a narrative. If you watch WH press briefings, you will see the president constantly fielding these sort of sophistic queries. In the case of the CNN debate, the assumption of Sanders' guilt vis-a-vis his alleged "misogyny" was built into the question. Thankfully it was so transparent that it drew sighs and gasps from the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up Biden's VP pick.
    It'll be Kamala Harris. Leftists and liberals continue to prioritize identity politics over substance.

Rapist 2020. Horrible, but appropriate.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Praeses

Biden is a terrible candidate, worse on paper than Trump (although Trumps utter incompetence has come home to roost with the Coronavirus disaster) as a member of a former team, so representing a narrower faction in society than a healthy democracy requites. Attempts to build dynasties or pseudo-dynasties are really bad for democracies, and he amounts to Obama family royalty. This stinks as badly as H Clinton, Bush Jnr and Gore.

Bush Snr is the exception to the rule, but he wasn't so visibly frail as this cipher.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat