View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 14 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Yeah, for example, he rolled back a regulation that made it necessary for oil and gas companies to monitor methane leaks and fix them. That one is expected to save those companies about 20 million dollars. What a big load of money for something trivial...
    When conservatives complain about regulations, they mean things like this along with consumer and worker protections. The eventual goal is a return to the gilded age, with no laws about food safety, worker safety, or anything to stop them from cheating their customers. These are people who read The Jungle and want us to go back to those conditions.

Indefinitely Banned

You Americans really should avoid electing politicians with dementia as candidates for the Presidency:
    ‘Parkinson’s? Dementia? Stroke?’ Trump’s ‘weird’ West Point appearance turns Twitter sleuths into medical experts
    Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/491755-trump-...umors-twitter/

And Biden is no better.

Just once, it would be great for the Presidency to go to someone competent and not too compromised.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The irony of this post is that in Monopoly you can't roll a "1".

Also, as the game goes on, you will roll the dice enough times that you will see a statistical collection of dice rolls for {2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12} or to put it another way, {{1,1},{1,2},{1,3},{1,4},{1,5},{1,6},{2,1},{2,2},....,{6,5},{6,6}} and they will likely form a statistically likely collection of rolls given you are forming a lot of rolls(see concept of bell curve).

Whereas, for an election in one year, we only have one election with one year. It could go one way, or the other. If we literally went and had ten elections over a 3-4 months as events occurred, we would likely form a statistically likely formation of results. As events change and as they effect the voters no less(the perfect example of current events effecting elections is Kentucky's Senatorial Primary getting its table flipped by current events). But all we get is one election.
    A. Monopoly uses two dice?! That's news to me, but I haven't played monopoly for ages.
    B. I know statistics and pretty well
    C. Elections in USA are really tough statistically for the reasons you mention + the winner takes all. I.e. those slim majorities Trump got in some states gave him a large margin of victory. Bush 2 was elected with a few hundred of votes in Florida. Even if there was another election 5 days after the first, the results would be very different. The people in many slim-majority states (either party) would rush to vote the 2nd time.
    Elections after -4- years ...they are practically independent from the previous one*.

I dare say "Electorate memory" holds for like 12-18 months. I base that really well researched number on the basis of one (1) sample, in a different country than USA. I.e. through my experience in Greece 2015 where SYRIZA walked back on major promises (Rip-up the memoranda), was actually forced to go for a 3rd bailout deal instead of give them the finger on the 2nd one, called a referendum on the new deal, did the opposite of what the referendum said... called elections in disgrace in September... and won with about the same margin in a stunning for everyone (SYRIZA included) victory.

*And this particular election is an exception. Trump's base is concrete. As mentioned, he can shoot people on the street and his base will stay with him. A huge number of Republicans (his base) are saying they are very pleased with Trump. NO MATTER WHAT. They always said that in the past 3 1/2 years.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    When conservatives complain about regulations, they mean things like this along with consumer and worker protections. The eventual goal is a return to the gilded age, with no laws about food safety, worker safety, or anything to stop them from cheating their customers. These are people who read The Jungle and want us to go back to those conditions.
    Well no, I for one draw solace from the fact that I know how my jimmy dean sausage is made. Now, about the left's insane and asinine propositions with regards to environmental regulations for example? Yes. Yes that is silly. But by all means, keep strawmanning every argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Well no, I for one draw solace from the fact that I know how my jimmy dean sausage is made. Now, about the left's insane and asinine propositions with regards to environmental regulations for example? Yes. Yes that is silly. But by all means, keep strawmanning every argument.
    He's right on point. Regulations aim to make sure companies produce healthy or clean products. What Trump rolled back would save some petty money for companies to continue producing goods recklessly.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    A. Monopoly uses two dice?! That's news to me, but I haven't played monopoly for ages.
    You probably played the Greek version:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

He's right on point. Regulations aim to make sure companies produce healthy or clean products. What Trump rolled back would save some petty money for companies to continue producing goods recklessly.
    Indeed. If jimmy dean sausage found that they could save money by grinding up rats and calling them pork they would have to do so or risk getting overwhelmed and driven out of business by a competitor who did so. Or if it was cheaper to dump their waste in the local drinking water rather than properly dispose of it. Or remove all safety gear because it was cheaper to just replace employees who were maimed or killed. Or hiring thugs to beat up anyone who complained.

That's what they mean by "cutting regulations". To go back to the robber barons.

Well, I mean, jokes about what Jimmy Dean would make their sausage out of aside. Meat packing plants are some of america's biggest covid hotspots. Find me a better use for regulation.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Only 800,000 people have requested tickets to Trump's Oklahoma Rally:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ly-ticket-req/

I wonder if Biden is still in his basement?

And created millions of jobs. I guess that is what Obama referred to as a "magic wand" for job creation, common sense deregulation of fell good but ultimately meaningless environmental bull crap.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post

Who is Biden?

Who is Biden?
    He is the supposed Democratic nominee for President, but everyone knows his VP pick will succeed him shortly after he takes office. Biden is hoping he can get elected and then retire for medical reasons versus dying in office. That is the reason he has studiously avoided picking Hillary for VP.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...d-trump/29727/

Donald Trump’s upcoming rally in Tulsa is being held in a venue that holds roughly 19,000 people. Yet the Trump campaign keeps announcing that the number of tickets for the event are increasingly hilarious numbers. First it was 200,000. Then it was 300,000. Now it’s supposedly 800,000.

Does anyone believe that 800,000 people actually requested tickets for a Trump rally in Tulsa, at a time when Trump’s popularity is in freefall? His base is shrinking, but his remaining supporters are the biggest idiots of all, so anything is possible. Here’s the thing, though. Why is the Trump campaign continuing to take ticket requests for an event that it claims is already at 4000% capacity?

Trump’s campaign manager Brad Parscale just gave away that the whole thing is a scam when he tweeted that “Just passed 800,000 tickets. Biggest data haul and rally signup of all time by 10x.” The two key words in there are “data haul.” The Trump campaign is having people sign up for tickets that it knows it can’t grant, just so it can put them on mailing lists and target them for future donations. As with all things Trump, this is a scam

Indefinitely Banned

?
    That's a lot of COVID-19 patients in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    That's a lot of COVID-19 patients in the coming weeks.
    You got a number of rioters to compare?

Not to be outdone by Brazil, Americans are altruistically offering themselves as test cases for the rest of the world to see exactly what happens when the COVID is left to run rampant. You’re welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    That's a laughable rationalization. But what could you expect from a media that is a free fall from past failings at spin.

Let me see, Biden held a rally a while back and around 200 people attended. One of them stated some facts and asked a question. Biden responded by calling the man "a lei'n pony soldier"; an obvious reference to the Buffalo soldiers of the 19th century. (they were black)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

That can't be right... How many people does Oklahoma even have?!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

That's a laughable rationalization. But what could you expect from a media that is a free fall from past failings at spin.
    Translation: "You pointing out how obvious the lies I fall for are to everyone else makes me feel angry, so I'm going to lash out in a vain attempt to regain some of my dignity."

So then, why have they allegedly taken 800k ticket request for a venue with 19k seats? Are you expecting Trump to use his divine powers to magically seat an extra 781K within the limited space?

Senator

Like Jesus, when he fed the whole crowd with one bread and a fish.

And created millions of jobs. I guess that is what Obama referred to as a "magic wand" for job creation, common sense deregulation of fell good but ultimately meaningless environmental bull crap.
    Job creation did not happen due to such senseless deregulation. Job creation was going on under Obama with these regulations already in place. In fact, average numbers were better. There is little job creation under Trump that can be attributed to Trump's policies. Having a regulation to force oil and gas companies to monitor methane leaks is not a feel good but meaningless bull crap. It's idiotic to suggest that it is.
    The Armenian Issue