View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 10 of 201 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    It's only "believe all women" on the fringe. For the rest of the left it's "Don't immediately dismiss every woman who says she was raped as a liar. Investigate the claim like you would any other claim a crime has been committed." That's all we ask for.
    Strange, but Biden seemed to disagree with that notion in September 2018. Senator Gillibrand said she believed Ford in 2018 too and attacked the Republicans for asking for due process and even late 2019 she was saying that Ford should be believed and Kavanaugh should be impeached.
    Both these people were candidates for the primaries and Biden is the presumptive nominee. Are they on the fringe?
    Last edited by alhoon; May 18, 2020 at 12:22 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Move to America, get citizenship, and vote for Trump.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Move to America, get citizenship, and vote for Trump.
    Why would I:
    - move away from the most beautiful part of my country?
    - move across an ocean to a foreign country with different culture?
    - get citizenship in a country I don't really "get"?
    - vote for a person I strongly dislike?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

To own the libs
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Why would I:
    The point I'm making here, is that the politicians can say what they want. Reade is putting for some face-heel-turn charge that's 27 years old. After about 26 years of liking Biden on social media on Twitter this is what she's pushing. Instead of pushing it when the voters would be happy to throw him under the bus, nevermind the politicians, she does it now. And I don't care what you say, any defendant has the right to say he didn't do it. And a 27 year old crime short of murder is outside of the statute of limitations so this isn't getting investigated. No matter what the politicians say, the voters have made up their mind. And this is an argument that was made for Trump four years ago as much as we'd like to say the same for people coming forward for him nonetheless. Voters decided. So no matter how much Reade tweaks her story, Biden is the candidate. You don't like that, do something about it. What can you do? God damn vote.

Oh right. You can't.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Strange, but Biden seemed to disagree with that notion in September 2018. Senator Gillibrand said she believed Ford in 2018 too and attacked the Republicans for asking for due process and even late 2019 she was saying that Ford should be believed and Kavanaugh should be impeached.
    Both these people were candidates for the primaries and Biden is the presumptive nominee. Are they on the fringe?
    What "fringe" here means is that you are on the "fringe" if you are a "believe all women" when the woman says something about a Democrat.
    Unless there are multiple witnesses, hard evidence and video.
    And also it has to be convenient at the time.
    Otherwise it's: “Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find."

Barr says he does not expect criminal investigation of Obama or Biden as result of Durham probe

Just days ago Trump claimed Obamagate was the biggest political crime in US history...and now it's not even worthy of a criminal investigation?

There are only three possible explanations for this:

A. Obama and his administration did nothing wrong.
    B. Trump and his minions are completely incompetent.
    C. Both A and B.

Raise your hand if you're surprised malfeasance goes totally unpunished when the perpetrator is a democrat? Anyone?

Moderator Emeritus

The point I'm making here, is that the politicians can say what they want. Reade is putting for some face-heel-turn charge that's 27 years old. After about 26 years of liking Biden on social media on Twitter this is what she's pushing. Instead of pushing it when the voters would be happy to throw him under the bus, nevermind the politicians, she does it now. And I don't care what you say, any defendant has the right to say he didn't do it. And a 27 year old crime short of murder is outside of the statute of limitations so this isn't getting investigated. No matter what the politicians say, the voters have made up their mind. And this is an argument that was made for Trump four years ago as much as we'd like to say the same for people coming forward for him nonetheless. Voters decided. So no matter how much Reade tweaks her story, Biden is the candidate. You don't like that, do something about it. What can you do? God damn vote.

Oh right. You can't.
    I can do something about it though... I can point at the double standards between the treatment of Kavanaugh and Biden. And I can point out that if the country that in the late 18th century gave us (all of humanity) Washington, Adams, B. Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Madison etc. from a collection of backwater colonies gives USA citizens the choice between two very old people with a history of inappropriate behavior in 21st century as a superpower with the biggest economy in the world... things are weird.

As for Biden and people voting: He's not yet the president and such scandals would hurt him. If he is elected PotUS then, exactly as you say (and what I say about Trump's tax records and foul language) it means it was not an important enough issue for the voters.
    But it will certainly cost him, even if he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Raise your hand if you're surprised malfeasance goes totally unpunished when the perpetrator is a democrat? Anyone?
    Senate is free to subpoena Biden.

Are you saying the Senate doesn't want to ask Biden questions about what supposedly maybe happened in their own hallways? Or...would that just be the Republicans pushing hypocrisy just a tad too far? Don't think too hard before answering.
    Last edited by Gaidin; May 18, 2020 at 07:16 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Senate is free to subpoena Biden.

Are you saying the Senate doesn't want to ask Biden questions about what supposedly maybe happened in their own hallways? Or...would that just be the Republicans pushing hypocrisy just a tad too far? Don't think too hard before answering.
    Establishment figures are typically hesitant to go after other Washington insiders for fear of being caught inside the blast of their own investigations or being the victims of revenge inquiries later down the line. This is why Bush and Cheney were able to avoid a thorough congressional investigation into the Iraq War, Gitmo and the financial crisis. It is also one of the reasons why McConnell and Graham have no interest in subpoenaing Obama or Biden over alleged abuses which occurred during the last administration. Trump, being an outsider at the time of his election, had no real connection with the D.C. machine and so was - and still is - a safe target for politicized investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Establishment figures are typically hesitant to go after other Washington insiders for fear of being caught inside the blast of their own investigations or being the victims of revenge inquiries later down the line. This is why Bush and Cheney were able to avoid a thorough congressional investigation into the Iraq War, Gitmo and the financial crisis. It is also one of the reasons why McConnell and Graham have no interest in subpoenaing Obama or Biden over alleged abuses which occurred during the last administration. Trump, being an outsider at the time of his election, had no real connection with the D.C. machine and so was - and still is - a safe target for politicized investigations.
    Or, hear me out, Obama, Biden, and everyone else involved were carrying out official US government policy by the book and that's why no agency of legal authority has accused them of a crime.

After decades of trying by the shear intensity of their hatred to get Clinton arrested you'd think the right would learn they can't just wish their enemies into being criminals.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't often agree with Jimmy Dore

but god damn is it good to see someone seeking power without earning it get shot down and it gives me significant schadenfreude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N8b...&feature=share

theres only 2 people Biden could really pick max, and Abrams isn't on it
    Last edited by RedGuard; May 20, 2020 at 02:46 AM.

I can do something about it though... I can point at the double standards <snip>
    Is it a double standard?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...stimony-274460

Defense Attorneys are looking into cases where she testified under oath for the prosecution as an expert and exaggerated her qualifications as well as her position and role in Joe Biden's office. Things appear to have escalated for her.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

"If you have a problem figuring out whether me or Trump, then you ain’t black."
    A white man deciding on a black mans blackness. Can’t wait to hear him apologize to the PC police and grovel for Al Sharpton.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-client-274635

I'm sure the University of Seattle law school will provide free legal service to their illustrious alumni.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    A white man deciding on a black mans blackness. Can’t wait to hear him apologize to the PC police and grovel for Al Sharpton.
    A yes, the old no true blackman fallacy. I wonder when he will grace us with another tale of cornpop and the summer of '58, featuring anecdotes of his leg hair.

Why would I:
    You better off in Europe in my opinion.

The Food alone specially in your/our part of Europe ( south of Europe).

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

this reminds me of the gaffe where Kerry said something to the effect of "Smart kids don't get stuck in Iraq" or something, and even if it were interpreted in the correct way it would be a pretty thing to say.

if you aint with me you aint black, man. c'mon.

but that line pales in the other falsehoods he repeated in that interview, so really, c'mon man.

Biden’s critical views on China today, however, may be surprising to many because he used to be a true believer of the “engagement with China” doctrine. That was embodied in his support for granting China Most Favored Nation trade status. On a trip to Taiwan in 2001, Biden explained the rationale behind this doctrine: “The more they [meaning China] have to lose, the more they are likely to begin to accommodate international norms.” As late as last May, Biden mocked President Donald Trump’s trade war with China by downplaying the threat. “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man… they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what: they’re not competition for us,” Biden said.

Over the years, Biden has been consistent in his strong preference for the cross-strait status quo, especially when it comes to the normalization of Taiwan’s status and U.S.-Taiwan relations. When Taiwan’s former President Lee Teng-hui contended that cross-strait affairs were a form of “special state-to-state” relations in 1999, Biden said the statement had “rattled Beijing and injected a measure of uncertainty about Taiwan’s future into the cross-strait dynamic.” When explaining the nature of the U.S. “One China Policy,” Biden noted that the two pieces of the equation are providing military means, in terms of materiel, to prevent forceful unification, and stopping Taiwan from declaring independence. In a 2001 warning to Taiwan, Biden said it clearly: “we are not willing to go to war over your unilateral declaration of independence.”

https://thediplomat.com/2020/03/joe-...na-and-taiwan/
    It’s a positive sign both candidates are currently trying to out-hawk each other on China. The establishment is hopefully beginning to realize the “kill them with kindness” approach to dealing with the Politburo has only emboldened the latter’s power and ambition, enabling Beijing to openly threaten her neighbors, oppress her own people with total impunity, and to engage in a disastrous failed coverup that has resulted in a global pandemic of historic proportions. Where exactly we go from here is uncertain.

The overwhelming majority of Americans support continued US leadership in the world, and recognize Beijing as a threat. A recent Fox poll has Biden leading Trump on handling relations with China.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2...irus-outbreak/
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...ump-on-economy

Trump’s attempt to make Biden into Crooked Hillary 2.0, beholden to Ukraine and China, was blunted by impeachment. Nevertheless, the GOP is supplying plenty of rhetoric, and Biden’s direct role in the policies that got us here is a potential liability for him, especially since his media/PR ground game is practically nonexistent. On top of that, Biden is getting hit from his own side for not being woke enough when discussing Beijing. If Biden wants to make the case that he can bring his experience and credentials to bear against the Politburo, in contrast to Trump’s meandering and ham-fisted game of chicken, he’ll need to explain how exactly he intends to do that with policy specifics.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII