View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 6 of 201 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Praeses

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    It was "lazy partisan crap" that served Putin's interests by polarizing Americans. The liberal class' hysterical hatred of Trump has significantly damaged the US over the past five years.
    Absolutely. The US has a tendency to infighting (with no serious international competition to keep the parties honest) and Putin successful fueled a little more of that. The bogus ObAmA iS a MuSlIm rhetoric was just as hysterical and divisive. Putin would've loved to have thought that up.

I suspect the Democrats did not want to hit Trump where it really hurt because their backers were guilty of the same stuff like tax evasion or hanging out with the paedo pimp. I mean Trump was backing the Clintons at one stage, its pretty clear there's not that much meaningful difference between the parties, they just violently disagree about a few fringe issues like Brown Man Bad or Orange Man Bad and pretend the President is somehow an existential threat to the US in and of himself. Its sad and embarrassing that people buy in.

Obama was not a Muslim, he was an agent for Jeff Bezos and the tech billionaires that backed Clinton before him. Trump may be an ass but so was H Clinton, seems like he is owned by the Oil crowd that steered the Bushes (given they pick his Secretaries of State for him).
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

The 1993 episode of CNN's "Larry King Live" featuring an anonymous caller who was later identified as the mother of Biden accuser Tara Reade was no longer listed in Google Play's catalog late Saturday.

Twitter user J.L. Hamilton shared a screenshot showing the Aug. 11, 1993, broadcast of "Larry King Live" was no longer listed in the season three catalog of the iconic CNN talk show. Mysteriously, though, the Aug. 10 broadcast, which is listed as "Episode 154" is followed by the Aug. 12 broadcast, which is listed as "Episode 155," suggesting that episode and the ones that follow could be incorrectly listed and off by a number
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ay-catalog.amp

The commissar vanishes

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-larry-king-live-tara-reade/

‘Larry King Live’ Episodes Are Not Currently Available To Stream on Google Play

Some of the confusion may stem from the fact that Google Play lists shows and episodes on its website that aren’t actually available for viewing there. While Google Play lists hundreds of “Larry King Live” episodes, for instance, these episodes are not available to view on the service, but users can add them to their “watch list.” A Google spokesperson told us that Google does this to gauge viewer interest.
    As of this writing, if you click on any episode of “Larry King Live” you will be greeted with the text: “This show is currently unavailable.” This, of course, raises the question: Why would CNN remove an episode from a service where it was already unavailable for viewing?
    Furthermore, although Google Play provides a list of episodes, they do not provide a description for each individual episode. The store instead provides a brief biography of Larry King and a short summary of the “Larry King Live” show. In other words, even if this episode had been listed, it would have made no mention of Tara Reade, which, again, would give CNN little incentive (if, that is, the unfounded notion that CNN was “running cover” for Biden was accurate) to remove the episode.
    CNN Does Not Control Google Play’s Listings

Shortly after this rumor went viral, Matt Dornic, head of CNN Communications, took to Twitter to state that “CNN did not remove anything,” that the network did not have a distribution deal for “Larry King Live” with Google Play, and that Google did not source its listing through CNN:

A Segment from This Episode Was Broadcast by CNN in April 2020

The rumor that CNN was “running cover” for the Biden campaign is undercut by the fact that CNN drew attention to this episode during an April 25, 2020 segment. In the accompanying article, CNN wrote:
    (CNN)Newly surfaced video from 1993 appears to feature the mother of Tara Reade, a woman who accused presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden of sexual assault, calling into a cable TV show to seek advice around the time of the alleged assault.
    In a “Larry King Live” segment that aired on August 11, 1993, on CNN, an unnamed woman calls in to the show with her location identified on the screen as San Luis Obispo, California. The show was about the cutthroat nature of Washington, DC, politics and media.
    “Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?” she asks. “My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.”
    Google Play’s Listing of ‘Larry King Live’ Episodes Is Not Comprehensive

It isn’t clear exactly how Google populates its list of “Larry King Live” episodes, but the list is not comprehensive. For instance, the first episode of “Larry King Live” aired on CNN back in 1985. The earliest episode listed on Google Play, however, is from 1987 (and features Donald Trump).
    We have yet to see any evidence that an Aug. 11, 1993, episode of “Larry King Live” was ever listed on Google Play. Since Google Play’s “Larry King Live” catalog is missing several episodes, it’s possible that no episode for this date was ever listed on (and therefore never removed from) Google’s streaming service.
    You may as well accuse CNN of hiding Biden's Kenyan birth certificate.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I must say I'm very impressed by all the members here that were convinced Bret Kavanaugh assaulted Christine Ford based on no evidence and are now calling out Joe Biden for assaulting Tara Reade based on a little bit of evidence. I salute your integrity, if not your standards.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; April 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

@coughdrop addict, great now that I have your attention: when should the Tara Raede senate hearings take place?

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

So as it stands, it's a race between two senile old perverts. This perfectly sums up where the country is at right now.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    So as it stands, it's a race between Trump and a senile pervert. This perfectly sums up where the Democrat party is at right now.
    Fixed it for you, you don't have to thank me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    I must say I'm very impressed by all the members here that were convinced Bret Kavanaugh assaulted Christine Ford based on no evidence and are now calling out Joe Biden for assaulting Tara Reade based on a little bit of evidence. I salute your integrity, if not your standards.

That's not the point. Democrat brass has gotten away with far worse things. The crux of the matter is that journos presented accusations against Kavanaugh as almost an established fact, but all the "#believe women" narrative went down the crapper as soon as similar allegations surfaced against a Democrat frontrunner.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; April 29, 2020 at 01:33 PM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Fixed it for you, you don't have to thank me.
    You must have forgotten the parts where Trump oggles and feels up his own daughter and was buddy buddy with Jeff Epstein. Also, such insane suggestions as nuking the hurricanes or injecting disinfectant, not to mention the constant stream of incoherent babbling at every presser he's ever done. He's definitely not all the way there.
    Last edited by irontaino; April 29, 2020 at 02:34 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    You must have forgotten the parts where Trump oggles and feels up his own daughter and was buddy buddy with Jeff Epstein. Also, such insane suggestions as nuking the hurricanes or injecting disinfectant, not to mention the constant stream of incoherent babbling at every presser he's ever done. He's definitely not all the way there.
    You forgot to bring up "kids in cages", that Trump made up coronavirus hoax to prevent Democrats from gathering crowds, or that he has a rape dungeon in Turmp tower, or whatever was made up about him by hyperpartisan hacks that pretend to be journos.

@coughdrop addict, great now that I have your attention: when should the Tara Raede senate hearings take place?
    Since Republican are pushing this and were already caught lying about CNN covering for Biden it's safe to say the whole thing is grossly exaggerated at best. It's the new "REEEEE! Biden is a criminal mastermind because his son was offered a job!"

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Which Republican was caught lying about CNN?
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...t-allegations/

“I stand by [former] vice president Biden,” Gillibrand said in response to a question from JustTheNews during a conference call with reporters.
    [...]
    Gillibrand in 2018 was one of the most vocal defenders of Christine Blasey Ford
    https://reason.com/2020/04/07/alyssa...exual-assault/

On the same day that The Washington Post published its interview with Ford, Milano tweeted: "I stand in solidarity with Christine Blasey Ford. #MeToo."
    [...]
    "We have to societally change that mindset to believing women, but that does not mean at the expense of not giving men their due process and investigating situations. It's got to be fair in both directions. [...] I've been very vocal about Biden and my support for him."
    Believe all women*!!!!!11111

*when it is politically convenient of course.

So... let's wait for the outpour of apologies towards Kavanaugh from Democrat midranks and top brass that savaged him without waiting for proof but now, 2 years later are asking for due process for Biden.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 29, 2020 at 04:48 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

That's not the point. Democrat brass has gotten away with far worse things. The crux of the matter is that journos presented accusations against Kavanaugh as almost an established fact, but all the "#believe women" narrative went down the crapper as soon as similar allegations surfaced against a Democrat frontrunner.
    When your principles are based on Twitter hashtags, they tend to collapse under any sort of scrutiny.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHmRdtG_YDo

get used to the names Hunter Biden and Tara Reade because they are the James Comey and Huma Abedin of this election

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    When your principles are based on Twitter hashtags, they tend to collapse under any sort of scrutiny.
    The core principle of centrist liberalism is that there is no principle. These people believe in nothing and only "play to win". I mean I disagree with Sander's supporters, but at least they have some kind of set of ideas and principles. Democrats are no better then Blairaites in UK or Putin supporters in Russia.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; April 29, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Absolutely. The US has a tendency to infighting (with no serious international competition to keep the parties honest) and Putin successful fueled a little more of that. The bogus ObAmA iS a MuSlIm rhetoric was just as hysterical and divisive. Putin would've loved to have thought that up.

I suspect the Democrats did not want to hit Trump where it really hurt because their backers were guilty of the same stuff like tax evasion or hanging out with the paedo pimp. I mean Trump was backing the Clintons at one stage, its pretty clear there's not that much meaningful difference between the parties, they just violently disagree about a few fringe issues like Brown Man Bad or Orange Man Bad and pretend the President is somehow an existential threat to the US in and of himself. Its sad and embarrassing that people buy in.

Obama was not a Muslim, he was an agent for Jeff Bezos and the tech billionaires that backed Clinton before him. Trump may be an ass but so was H Clinton, seems like he is owned by the Oil crowd that steered the Bushes (given they pick his Secretaries of State for him).
    You are unfortunately spouting BS from the outside looking in.

its pretty clear there's not that much meaningful difference between the parties
    Really that is why have judiciary increasingly filled federalists society hacks appointed for life about do away with abortion, or health care and labor rights. Yep no difference! A government run by acting hacks who can hardly wipe their butts before greed and being busy demonizing the the professional civil service. I sorry sir there is a difference there is the difference of a party that thinks states declaring bankruptcy because it would suit their agenda of a second gilded age for the few. But lets make sure re kill pension plans while we can in a pandemic no mater the cost so what in public education craters too if you are rich kids will go to private school.

There is a stark difference. By in large The republicans have not really elected a competent president who saw the larger public good since IKE (OK maybe tricky dick but he bought into the racism dog whistle plan), the democrats keep doing so even to their defeat.
    Last edited by conon394; April 30, 2020 at 08:07 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Really that is why have judiciary increasingly filled federalists society hacks appointed for life about do away with abortion, or health care and labor rights.

I recall SCOTUS kinda ignoring violations of constitutional gun rights by both state and federal government's gun laws and privacy rights (drug laws) for what now, century? And not a single peep from professional outrage fakers in the media. And now that they are going to go after the rights they actually pretend to care about, we are supposed to feel bad. Haha, no.
    "You get what you ing deserve, Murray."
    I can't wait for RBG to be replaced by some hardcore conservative who thinks that abortion is murder, the salt-mining will be very glorious.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; April 30, 2020 at 11:15 AM.

@coughdrop it’s not safe to say anything. There is more evidence for Reade’s accusation than there was Ford. Reade has people corroborating the existence of her story. It should be up to the American people to make an informed decision as to what they believe. All relevant files need to come out and everyone should be interviewed.

@coughdrop it’s not safe to say anything. There is more evidence for Reade’s accusation than there was Ford. Reade has people corroborating the existence of her story. It should be up to the American people to make an informed decision as to what they believe. All relevant files need to come out and everyone should be interviewed.
    We'd be happy to, if the right does the following:

-Do the same with every one of the 20+ women who have accused Trump of rape or assault, including the one who said Trump and Epstein raped her when she was 13. Hold congressional hearings about those cases, having all of these women testify.

-Apologize for calling all of these women liars and threatening to murder them.

-Apologize for demanding Hillary and any other woman who defied Trump be locked up or killed.

-Admit that they knew all about what Trump was accused of and voted for him anyway because they don't care what he does to women and still wouldn't even if it was their daughter, wife, mother, or sister.

Do all of that, and then I might believe any Republican in the country gives a damn about what Biden did or didn't do beyond their desire to punish him for running against Trump.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

The core principle of centrist liberalism is that there is no principle. These people believe in nothing and only "play to win". I mean I disagree with Sander's supporters, but at least they have some kind of set of ideas and principles. Democrats are no better then Blairaites in UK or Putin supporters in Russia.

Putin is a centrist and a liberal now? Dude, Russia is supporting all far right movements in EU right now. The Golden Dawn of Greece (neo-Nazis that openly state they don't believe in democracy and want a dictatorship) is very close to Putin's circle.

The core principle of Centrist Liberalism is not being authoritarian or liberal. Nothing to do with lack of principles, nothing to do with "play to win". It just happens that Centrism is usually the best path so that path mostly wins.
    I.e. it's not that the people that are centrists "play to win" it's that people that are centrists tend to win because their ideology allows them to win. I.e. they are the wisest people.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    We'd be happy to, if the right does the following:

-Do the same with every one of the 20+ women who have accused Trump of rape or assault, including the one who said Trump and Epstein raped her when she was 13. Hold congressional hearings about those cases, having all of these women testify.

-Apologize for calling all of these women liars and threatening to murder them.

-Apologize for demanding Hillary and any other woman who defied Trump be locked up or killed.

-Admit that they knew all about what Trump was accused of and voted for him anyway because they don't care what he does to women and still wouldn't even if it was their daughter, wife, mother, or sister.

Do all of that, and then I might believe any Republican in the country gives a damn about what Biden did or didn't do beyond their desire to punish him for running against Trump.
    Sure.
    Right after Senetor Gilibrand goes to Kavanaugh to apologize to him in person for her stance over Ford's allegations.
    Except the "threaten to murder them part" which never happened of course. Please find me some proof that a Republican politician threatened to murder any of Trump's accusers.

Also, Except for apologizing to Hillary for the lock-her up, since even Republican state department didn't find anything to blame her for after years of investigations. Lock-her-uppers should be sending emails to Hillary's private account with their apologies by the tens of thousands.
    Hillary was crucified and lost the election over a nothingburger scandal that ended up not even being criminal.

While I agree Reade's accusation is stronger than Ford's, I think it is still somewhat weak. American people should of course need to make an informed decision about that since it is important. However, releasing all the relevant files and interviewing everyone is going too far.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 30, 2020 at 02:07 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.