View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 38 of 201 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647486388138 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    AOC's speech is crystal clear,
    You're not falling for NBC's bs are you? Anybody with more than 300 delegates gets nominated and seconded. You have to be nominated and seconded to receive your delegates votes "on the floor". And that's a guarantee by rules after 300. AOC seconded Sanders. NBC tried to misrepresent this. And tried to half-assedly walk it back. She tore them a new . As pretty much anybody would.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-probably-wont

Here we are again: "The coronavirus crisis and its accompanying economic slump have driven the president’s approval rating down to 42%"
    While I agree it's dangerous ground for an incumbent seeking re-election, the coronavirus and its accompanying economic crisis have done jack #### on Trump's approval rating that was 42% before the Pandemic.
    The reason Trump is, as always, at 42% is not the Covid crisis but that he's a polarizing butthole that has managed to keep his 40% through thin and thick (mostly thin) because the other side is full of idiots as well.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-probably-wont

Here we are again: "The coronavirus crisis and its accompanying economic slump have driven the president’s approval rating down to 42%"
    While I agree it's dangerous ground for an incumbent seeking re-election, the coronavirus and its accompanying economic crisis have done jack #### on Trump's approval rating that was 42% before the Pandemic.
    The reason Trump is, as always, at 42% is not the Covid crisis but that he's a polarizing butthole that has managed to keep his 40% through thin and thick (mostly thin) because the other side is full of idiots as well.
    You're doing a major case of selective reading. The COVID19 crisis saw Trump rise to 45.8% naturally as it happens in any time of crisis for any administration. Few months later he crushed to 40.2%. He lost 5.6% during this crisis. That's of course dependent on a total of all polls. If I look at polling sources that I would trust more than others I see a more consistent decline.
    The Armenian Issue

Senator

Btw, the Conways are out of the Circus. A pity, her work was grotescque, his involment in the Lincoln project was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    You're doing a major case of selective reading. The COVID19 crisis saw Trump rise to 45.8% naturally as it happens in any time of crisis for any administration. Few months later he crushed to 40.2%. He lost 5.6% during this crisis. That's of course dependent on a total of all polls. If I look at polling sources that I would trust more than others I see a more consistent decline.
    Yes, we talked about that back then. BUT as you said, his approval raised to 45.5% during the coronavirus and returned to normal 40-something % as the crisis prolonged and is now raising to 41.5% - 42%.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

as it happens in any time of crisis for any administration. .
    Absolutely not. Approval does not automatically rise during a crisis. For example GW's approval collapsed during crisis situations. Obama's approval also fell during the Ferguson protests.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Yes, we talked about that back then. BUT as you said, his approval raised to 45.5% during the coronavirus and returned to normal 40-something % as the crisis prolonged and is now raising to 41.5% - 42%.
    I predicted the rise as well. You were claiming that it would not go down. The normal was around 42%. It's getting to normal now. Though, as I said if you look at a lot of the trust worthy polls the current situation is sitting at 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Absolutely not. Approval does not automatically rise during a crisis. For example GW's approval collapsed during crisis situations. Obama's approval also fell during the Ferguson protests.
    George W. Bush's approval rating skyrocketed after 9/11:

For many presidents facing national crisis approval ratings jumped in the range of +10% while Trump only managed to get about 5% increase. Ferguson wasn't exactly a national crisis.
    The Armenian Issue

"Did Democrats do enough to convince people of faith to trust them? Justin Giboney of The And Campaign says Dems got the symbolism right—but what about the substance?"

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

If you watched the DNC, the answer is an obvious no. As the Gender Transcendent Mermaid Queen-King said, God should be removed from everything in america.

I predicted the rise as well. You were claiming that it would not go down. The normal was around 42%. It's getting to normal now. Though, as I said if you look at a lot of the trust worthy polls the current situation is sitting at 40%.

George W. Bush's approval rating skyrocketed after 9/11:

For many presidents facing national crisis approval ratings jumped in the range of +10% while Trump only managed to get about 5% increase. Ferguson wasn't exactly a national crisis.
    Yes and if you look at your chart you will see his approval collapsing during Katrina, during the gulf war, during the financial crash.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aside from the hippie gobbledygook of "love one another", biblical "values" also include such great abrahamic wisdoms as incest, pedophilia, murder, human sacrifice, mismanagement of resources and genocide - come to think of it, Democrats with their "spirit cooking" and Epstein islands are the "biblical" party but not in a way they like to think they are.

Yes and if you look at your chart you will see his approval collapsing during Katrina, during the gulf war, during the financial crash.
    Gulf war did not happen under George W. Bush. It happened under his father and it affected his approval positively. Katrina was not a national crisis and the financial crash doesn't constitute as the kind of crisis we're talking about. You need to get your facts right.
    The Armenian Issue

The Second Gulf War most certainly happened under George w.

A natural disaster destroying an entire state and creating hundreds of thousands of homeless people that had to be taken in by other states and affected the federal and statal budget of every state aside for Hawaii and Alaska is not a national disaster. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Aside from the hippie gobbledygook of "love one another", biblical "values" also include such great abrahamic wisdoms as incest, pedophilia, murder, human sacrifice, mismanagement of resources and genocide - come to think of it, Democrats with their "spirit cooking" and Epstein islands are the "biblical" party but not in a way they like to think they are.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus 18
    Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God.

5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord.

6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord.

And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.

Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 8
    And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
    7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus 20
    Thou shalt not kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark 9
    And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus 20
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Timothy 6
    I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
    14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
    16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
    17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
    18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
    19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
    20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
    21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

What does the Bible’s prohibition and damnation of murder, human sacrifice, and sexual immorality, including pedophilia and incest, and our charge to be good stewards of the earth, and its resources, have to do with American political parties?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Pretty sure the nomenclature for the war started by Bush II is the Iraq War.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

The Second Gulf War most certainly happened under George w.

A natural disaster destroying an entire state and creating hundreds of thousands of homeless people that had to be taken in by other states and affected the federal and statal budget of every state aside for Hawaii and Alaska is not a national disaster. Got it.
    Right... Iraqi invasion... You see that second spike that pushes his approval to 71 with a gain of 14%? That's when the Iraqi invasion happened. Would you like to try it again?

Yup, Katrina hurricane, despite your attempts to stretch it out, was not a national disaster. It was a natural disaster affecting a number of states while vast majority of the country was watching it safe and sound from their homes. I'm glad you got it.
    The Armenian Issue

One can clearly tell by the chart that Dubya's approval was steadily sinking, despite a number of short positive spikes generated by incessant pro-war propaganda in globalist mainstream media. We live in a different time now, when public has very little trust to mainstream media (primarily as a result of independent sources of information proving to be more reliable then corporate media thanks to the Interwebs).
    Katrina, fiscally alone, was a national disaster as it affected whole nation financially. Just because Chernobyl affected only two of the "republics" within USSR doesn't mean that was not considered a national disaster throughout the country.

One can clearly tell by the chart that Dubya's approval was steadily sinking, despite a number of short positive spikes generated by incessant pro-war propaganda in globalist mainstream media. We live in a different time now, when public has very little trust to mainstream media (primarily as a result of independent sources of information proving to be more reliable then corporate media thanks to the Interwebs).
    Katrina, fiscally alone, was a national disaster as it affected whole nation financially. Just because Chernobyl affected only two of the "republics" within USSR doesn't mean that was not considered a national disaster throughout the country.
    I love how you talk about different times then try to use Chernobyl as an example...
    The Armenian Issue

Let New Orleans drown? Just cuz. Right?

Declare bankruptcy? What Trump likes to do after all...

Let me know.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Biden's already averaging 50% in the polls, which is stratospherically high. His numbers have nowhere to go but down, and since they didn't go down, you could view the convention as a success for him in that regard.

Trump needs a convention bounce way more than Biden does. Let's see if he gets one.
    Last edited by Prodromos; August 25, 2020 at 07:26 AM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict