View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Neither could Muller after spending four years and millions of dollars spent in the investogation, but that didn't stop Rachel Maddow. Not sure what conservative policies you're referring to which demonstrates their continued racism. Seems only the left is concerned about things like segregating schools based on race, race based admission policies, race based incentives, and banning certain people of certain races from participating in certain political processes or events. I suppose discrimination can be a good thing to them, as long as it's approved discrimination. Bubba and his confederate flag tattoo seem pretty bad, but maybe being denied a spot at a top university because it's too Asian is worse.

Better fabricate more hate crimes to blame on Trumpies!
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 19, 2021 at 12:52 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    No. The main differences were the goals of the demonstrators,
    Obviously...the goals, the grey matter and the appearance... an irresistible combination.

------

I have news for you, Pontifex,

First Capitol riot conspiracy charge filed against alleged Oath Keepers leader...

....he admitted he was looking for housing for several individuals at a Comfort Inn in Ballston, Virginia.
    The hotel, which is eight miles from the Capitol, “would allow us to go hunting at night if we wanted to,” Caldwell said
    "Hunting at night..."
    ----
    McConnell: Trump 'provoked' crowd that stormed Capitol

Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday accused President Trump of provoking the violent crowd that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
    “The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people,” McConnell said on the Senate floor.
    This election actually was not unusually close. Just in recent history, 1976, 2000 and 2004 were all closer than this one,” he said.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    election is only legitimate when democrats endorse it as legitimate.
    A conspiracy theory...

[QUOTE]It's Official: The Election Was Secure | Brennan Center for ...

These government officials, judges, and elected leaders, overwhelmingly Republican, have publicly acknowledged confidence in the November election.
    Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)“We have not seen, historically, any kind of coordinated national voter fraud effort in a major election, whether it's by mail or otherwise.” – Christopher Wray, FBI Director, September 24, 2020, hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs. (Director Wray was appointed by President Trump in 2017.)

Department of Justice (DOJ) “To date, [DOJ investigators] have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.” – Attorney General William Barr, December 1, 2020, announcement.

U.S. Election Assistance Commission

• “Time and time again, when the rubber hits the road, there's no evidence — whether that's in court cases, whether that's in the presidential commission that was created in 2017 to find the alleged non-citizens fraud after the 2016 election that cost, in his mind, the president the popular vote, but found nothing and disbanded in embarrassment, or academic studies. We never see evidence of widespread voter fraud. And there's no indicators that 2020 will be different in that regard.” – Benjamin Hovland, Commissioner of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, Business Insider, November 12, 2020

The Courts

The courts have emphatically rejected claims of widespread election fraud and irregularities from President Trump and his allies. Despite bringing roughly 50 postelection lawsuits at the time of this writing, Trump and his allies have failed to discount a significant number of votes, block the certification of results, or overturn the results of any race.
    In a number of these cases, courts have forcefully rebuked the lawyers for their outlandish claims of voter fraud, egregious lack of evidence, and attempted misuse of the judiciary
    Last edited by Ludicus; January 19, 2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

So now we can trust Mitch McConnel. Got it. All I want is a consistent standard. Biden needs to appoint a special prosecutor, the media must obsess over it for the next four years, and the House should bring articles of impeachment for his involvement with the Ukrainian government. Once all that happens, the dumb Trumpies can finally be told to shut up and sit down.

Oh god, could you imagine if Muller came out and said that there wasn't enough Russian collusion found that would have changed the result of the election?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Step 1: storm the capital
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: look at me, I am the government now
    Step 1: Storm the capitol
    Step 2: State of emergency is declared
    Step 3: Trump stays in power.

(margaret atwood on a time interview).

Ah yes, otherwise known as Operation Palatine. I am the Senate

The people who have really swallowed all these conspiracies of election fraud and "The Storm is coming!" just do not live in reality anymore. They're convinced that absolutely nothing is what it seems and that powerful, evil forces are fooling everyone but themselves.

The pandemic can't be real, anyone who says they had a loved one die from it is lying.

Trump can't be unpopular, his supporters are just too shy to show their support and all polls showing him behind Biden are lies.

Trump can't have lost the election, there must have been millions and millions of illegal votes so skillfully slipped in that no evidence of them can be found.

Trump supporters aren't being banned from social media because they couldn't stop talking about lynching elected officials for five seconds, it's an organized effort to crush dissent.

All of these things are part of some grand conspiracy by the deep state to harm Trump for his innate holiness. He isn't a divisive president, but instead a heroic, all knowing, godlike figure simply to good for this sinful world.

A beautiful row of carefully constructed straw men.

Blog Entries

Yeah I am not gonna google operation palatine. I just hope you have seen that, in addition to the violence that the terrorists applied, their acts could be directed to a clear objective (fortunately failed)

It's a joke, because that explanation is trash. I've seen more sophisticated plots hatched by 10 year olds. The fact anyone believes that theory is crazy to me. The fact anyone thought it could actually work beggars belief. And to do all that without firing a single shot. Amazin'
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 19, 2021 at 01:31 PM.

Blog Entries

It's a joke, because that explanation is trash. I've seen more sophisticated plots hatched by 10 year olds. The fact anyone believes that theory is crazy to me. The fact anyone thought it could actually work beggars belief.
    Dont you think it was the perfect culmination for four years of madness, nonsense, covert racism adn fascism and lack of respect to the u.s. democracy/system?

You're going to have to be way more specific.

Blog Entries

You're going to have to be way more specific.
    Yes I'm sure this is the first time you've heard any criticism of the trump system. See you

Your point is so easy to make you're giving up? Aww shucks

It seems to me that American Right want to keep their base ignorant by restricting access to education, while the American Left wants to control education by force feeding the kids their ideology.

I've always advocated that the playing field should be leveled and everyone gets a neutral education, with access to factual information. If they still insist in believing conspiracy theories, voting biased policies and supporting corrupt politicians, then they really do deserve the government they get.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

What evidence do you rely on for that claim about the right?

Trump's second impeachment after Capitol riots isn't enough. He needs to go to prison.

The second impeachment of President Donald Trump has concluded, not with a bang, but with a whimper. Whether it results in a Senate conviction or not, impeachment amounts to a feeble punishment for a man who will have left office anyway.
    We cannot satisfy ourselves with the prosecution of the pelt-wearing members of the mob. Prosecuting only the puppets gives license to future puppet masters.

While the forces of decency, democracy and good government prevailed in this impeachment vote, we should ask what gain this battle has brought. A Senate debate will distract that body at a time when a new president critically needs it to confirm his Cabinet, and to approve a funding package to accelerate vaccinations and Covid-19 relief. Impeachment likely persuaded nobody; on all things Trumpian, it seems, virtually no American appears persuadable.
    What is needed, rather, is criminal prosecution.
    Totally agree. I only wish the Democrats had the spine to go further and refuse to seat any of his Republican lapdogs without major concessions, and if they object demand they prove that their own elections weren't fraudulent as they claim Biden's was.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Neither could Muller after spending four years and millions of dollars spent in the investogation, but that didn't stop Rachel Maddow.
    The Muller investigation led to arrests, indictments, and jail sentences for some in Trump's inner circle, so some people might be forgiven for being a bit optimistic. The fact that Trump publicly threw his own intelligence agencies under the bus in favor of Putin didn't really help things.

Not sure what conservative policies you're referring to which demonstrates their continued racism.
    How about voter suppression?

Seems only the left is concerned about things like segregating schools based on race, race based admission policies, race based incentives, and banning certain people of certain races from participating in certain political processes or events. I suppose discrimination can be a good thing to them, as long as it's approved discrimination. Bubba and his confederate flag tattoo seem pretty bad, but maybe being denied a spot at a top university because it's too Asian is worse.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    The Muller investigation led to arrests, indictments, and jail sentences for some in Trump's inner circle, so some people might be forgiven for being a bit optimistic. The fact that Trump publicly threw his own intelligence agencies under the bus in favor of Putin didn't really help things.
    Close but no cigar, I guess. Or have you shifted the goalposts so far in your ideologically possessed direction as to actually think people falling for perjury traps accomplished what Muller and the screeching Clinton-obsessed hordes set out to do? I highly recommend What Happened, it's straight dope. And by dope I mean Copium.

This is the part where I point out how racist it is to assume black people don't know how to get ids. Got any other lefty talking points you'd like me to deboonk?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [/QUOTE]

"Harvard is a cesspool of far right racists." -irontaino, 2021.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

[QUOTE=Ludicus;15985983]Obviously...the goals, the grey matter and the appearance... an irresistible combination.

------

I have news for you, Pontifex,

First Capitol riot conspiracy charge filed against alleged Oath Keepers leader...

"Hunting at night..."
    ----
    McConnell: Trump 'provoked' crowd that stormed Capitol

----

A conspiracy theory...

It took me awhile to stop laughing. The Brennan Center?

Those statements are factually false. No court allowed any evidence to be submitted. That is a fact.

The only place evidence was allowed to be heard was in a few republican controlled state legislatures. If you were truly interested in whether the "evidence" had credibility you would have watched those proceedings. I did. The evidence was compelling.

I think it's interesting to note that left-wingers consistently call Trump supporters brainwashed. These are the same people who believed with conviction all the fake stories about the dossier and the impeachment hoax. All have proven to have been false and fabricated and yet to this day any story that implies "Orange Man Bad" is taken as gospel without any question or critical thinking as to its logic.

I'll go further and make it simple; the people who claim Trump supporters are brainwashed are the very people who...you know the rest.

Jussie Smollet, Kavanaugh gang rape parties, Russian piss hookers...some people will believe anything and then make fun of Catholics for believing in the big sky man. But YOU'RE the unhinged conspiracy theorist, bigot!

In other news, the president elect of the """most secure election in history""" requires the highest number of troops concentrated in DC since his party inaugurated the civil war in order to ensure his transition of power.