View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Close but no cigar, I guess. Or have you shifted the goalposts so far in your ideologically possessed direction as to actually think people falling for perjury traps accomplished what Muller and the screeching Clinton-obsessed hordes set out to do? I highly recommend What Happened, it's straight dope. And by dope I mean Copium.
    Empty statements are empty. Not to even mention the whole Ukraine thing.

This is the part where I point out how racist it is to assume black people don't know how to get ids.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Got any other lefty talking points you'd like me to deboonk?
    You could try with that 1st one.
    Last edited by irontaino; January 19, 2021 at 05:27 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Empty statements are empty. Not to even mention the whole Ukraine thing.
    Another nothing burger with a side of gaslighting.

Citizen

Another nothing burger with a side of gaslighting.
    Sure, Ponti.

I also see this is another case of someone saying they debunked something without actually debunking it.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

I gave you a source refuting your sad, tired claim of 'muh conservative racisms and not wanting the brown people to vote.' You ignored it then claimed victory. Sort of like every federal court when confronted with evidence of election fraud in 2020 and then ruling there's no evidence.

The fake audience watching this debate just gasped in shock at how great my arguments are.
    Last edited by pacifism; January 19, 2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: off-topic removed

Citizen

I gave you a source refuting your sad, tired claim of 'muh conservative racisms and not wanting the brown people to vote.' You ignored it then claimed victory.
    Random YouTube videos, a source does not make.

Sort of like every federal court when confronted with evidence of election fraud in 2020 and then ruling there's no evidence.
    Right, and those Trump appointed judges are in on the conspiracy .
    Last edited by pacifism; January 19, 2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: continuity

A.B.A.P.

Random YouTube videos, a source does not make.
    Just spare me the moralizing and tell me you didn't watch it.

Right, and those Trump appointed judges are in on the conspiracy .
    It really does take an ideologically possessed leftist to believe that an X appointed judge for life won't just carry water for you until they die of old age.

Update your resume dude, you could be a CNN reporter with a 6 figure salary if your posts here are an accurate reflection of your world view.
    Last edited by pacifism; January 19, 2021 at 10:58 PM. Reason: continuity

Citizen

Just spare me the moralizing and tell me you didn't watch it.
    Not a source. I'm guessing at this point it's a waste of time to ask for a real source.

It really does take an ideologically possessed leftist to believe that an X appointed judge for life won't just carry water for you until they die of old age.
    Soooooooo, no actual evidence then?

Update your resume dude, you could be a CNN reporter with a 6 figure salary if your posts here are an accurate reflection of your world view.
    Sure that means a lot coming from you.
    Last edited by pacifism; January 19, 2021 at 10:59 PM. Reason: continuity

A.B.A.P.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Jussie Smollet, Kavanaugh gang rape parties, Russian piss hookers...some people will believe anything and then make fun of Catholics for believing in the big sky man. But YOU'RE the unhinged conspiracy theorist, bigot!

In other news, the president elect of the """most secure election in history""" requires the highest number of troops concentrated in DC since his party inaugurated the civil war in order to ensure his transition of power.
    You left some big stuff out. What about all the wars Trump was going to start?

In other news, I'm still looking for the transcripts of those 50 court cases that proved there was no evidence. There doesn't seem to be any transcripts.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    In other news, I'm still looking for the transcripts of those 50 court cases that proved there was no evidence. There doesn't seem to be any transcripts.
    I heard this statement echoed quite a bit over the last few days in interviews with dyed-in-the-wool trump supporters. I assume it's a narrative going around in social media and other alternative messaging groups.

There are a lot of court cases there, so you might find there are a lot of different answers to your request.

But for a majority... if you're looking or presentations of evidence, as a general rule, the onus is on the petitioner or plaintiff to provide evidence of their claims. An election result is considered valid until evidence is provided that it is not, not the other way around. It seems to me that there was insufficient justification in most cases for there to even be a case for the courts to hear, And in a litigious society like the United States, that's a fairly low bar to reach. And where cases were heard, the evidence provided was either insufficient, or substandard.

There were a small few exceptions, and those cases did all the way of Trump's legal team.

So nobody has to provide evidence to you, and you're going to have to be happy with that.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Not a source. I'm guessing at this point it's a waste of time to ask for a real source.
    Provided to you, you refused to watch a six minute video.

You left some big stuff out. What about all the wars Trump was going to start?

True, Trump has been a war monger from the start. After all, Iran literally declared war by launching missiles at our bases and Trump...oh. Trump didn't declare war on Iran.

It honestly makes me worry what would have happened if any Neocon or lamestream democrat idiot like Biden had been president when that happened. Any neocon like Bush would have immediately initiated a ground invasion. Any neolib like Biden would have just airstiked them until a revolution was imminent like in Algeria. Sad...
    Last edited by pacifism; January 19, 2021 at 11:01 PM. Reason: continuity

Well, that's just not a very persuasive argument. The lefties stormed the capital to make sure Kavanaugh wasn't confirmed. If the Trumpies stormed the capital to make sure Biden wouldn't be president, the amount of planning that went into it belies that theory. For a violent insurrection they sure went in outgunned and outwitted from the start. These are the same people that the left is convinced colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election, a historic feat of subterfuge and statesmanship.
    When you find a video of the anti-Kavanaugh protesters acting like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=270F8s5TEKY3

then get back to me.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Citizen

Provided to you, you refused to watch a six minute video.
    Seen it already, gonna need to do better than a random YouTube video.
    Last edited by pacifism; January 19, 2021 at 11:02 PM. Reason: continuity

A.B.A.P.

Ever the pragmatist... The day Trump leaves office... McConnell get's specific.

https://apnews.com/article/mcconnell...c46ed364ad6de6

“The mob was fed lies,” McConnell said. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like.”

McConnell is a very deliberate speaker. He rarely says anything that doesn't convey weight. In that respect, I have highlighted what I think are the important signposts for the GOP moving forward. McConnell has picked his side, and made clear his position is that the other side doesn't have legitimacy.

It does not work that way. Trump and his people were screaming election fraud. It's on them to prove it.

Go ahead and present your evidence here proving election fraud and how Trump really won.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

If McConnell wanted to derail impeachment my guess is he would have tried to speed run the trial before the new Dem members swear in. By declining to do so, I imagine he can give individual GOP Senators room to acquit or convict based on how purple their respective constituencies are, while still able to blame a potential conviction on the Democrats since he will no longer be majority leader. It’s basically his only play that can give the GOP some exit strategy from Trump while avoiding a nasty divorce that costs the party seats. We already saw McCarthy toe the same line in the House. We’ll see how it works out in 2022-24.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    If McConnell wanted to derail impeachment my guess is he would have tried to speed run the trial before the new Dem members swear in. By declining to do so, I imagine he can give individual GOP Senators room to acquit or convict based on how purple their respective constituencies are, while still able to blame a potential conviction on the Democrats since he will no longer be majority leader. It’s basically his only play that can give the GOP some exit strategy from Trump while avoiding a nasty divorce that costs the party seats. We already saw McCarthy toe the same line in the House. We’ll see how it works out in 2022-24.
    Totally... he has already signalled that it would be a conscience vote (read: vote in the way that keeps your seat red), and that he wont whip the party.

What I find fascinating is that he is openly stating that Trump wasn't the only one who caused the fiasco. Like I said, he's a deliberate speaker. This means he sees that there is a future in going up against the Trumpish* faction - because this position really does expose him to increased RINO chants.

(*I say Trumpish because this faction is really those who want to replace Trump without confrontation with him, rather than those who actually support him)

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Ever the pragmatist... The day Trump leaves office... McConnell get's specific.

https://apnews.com/article/mcconnell...c46ed364ad6de6

“The mob was fed lies,” McConnell said. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like.”

McConnell is a very deliberate speaker. He rarely says anything that doesn't convey weight. In that respect, I have highlighted what I think are the important signposts for the GOP moving forward. McConnell has picked his side, and made clear his position is that the other side doesn't have legitimacy.
    Trump was an insurgent president who was/is despised by the political establishment (including the Republican élite). The latter were willing to protect him so long as he was useful to GOP interests, but his political value evaporated following his electoral defeat. The Capitol Hill riot has given McConnell, who is one of the most competent political operators in Washington, a justification to purge Trump from politics, even if it risks temporarily splitting the base.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Apparently the WSJ has reported that Trump wants to start a new party...The Patriot Party. Purely out of spite for losing the election.

Oh no...please...don't split the GOP base...That...that would be awful...No...

Of course, it's only the WSJ. I can honestly say we probably should wait for The Conservative Treehouse to offer their opinion before discussing this further.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

It's been over 170 years since anyone other than a Republican or Democrat has won the presidency. If Trump is convicted by the Senate (reasonably likely), he won't be able to run for office again anyway.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I don't think the Republicans are brave enough to convict him at this point at risk of angering Ya'll Qaeda, but if they drop the conviction on his head only to rid themselves of his toxicity to their brand at least it will be something.

Cowardly at this point. But something.

McConnell's words this morning (afternoon?) obviously felt like a green light to the rest of the Senate Republicans so we will see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: That dumb child that stole Pelosi's laptop has been detained, joining dozens of other "PaTrIoTs" who threw their lives away for Trump and their cult.

I cannot imagine why anyone would think he is worth it, but I hope they are happy.

The last four years has proven we need a severe education and mental health overhaul if we are meant to survive as a country.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; January 20, 2021 at 01:27 AM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele