View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    The way that you know they weren't left-wing agitators is because left-wing protesters are smart enough to wear a mask during a goddamn pandemic too. There is also a certain...appearance that is tough to replicate.

Only Trump cultists seem to be the kinds to not be wearing their masks. It's just so goddamn poetic that because Cult Daddy and the rest of the GOP has brainwashed them into thinking masks are bad that it has become ludicrously easy to identify these people.
    It's no coincidence those people telling you black votes shouldn’t count are the same people saying Covid is a hoax.

Conspiracies flourish on the right because insecure, stupid people have a desperate need to feel like for once they actually know something the secure, smart people don't. In addition conspiracy theories often get more and more far-reaching as time goes on. Theorists often start believing in more than one or two conspiracies (Qanon, school shooting false flags, climate change isn't real, etc.). Inevitably they hit a critical mass where their edifice of delusions can support ANYTHING they want to believe.

Of note: Amazon is removing Parler from AWS on Sunday evening.

"We've seen a steady increase in this violent content on your website, all of which violates our terms," AWS wrote. "It's clear that Parler does not have an effective process to comply with the AWS terms of service."

The letter continued: "AWS provides technology and services to customers across the political spectrum, and we continue to respect Parler's right to determine for itself what content it will allow on its site. However, we cannot provide services to a customer that is unable to effectively identify and remove content that encourages or incites violence against others. Because Parler cannot comply with our terms of service and poses a very real risk to public safety, we plan to suspend Parler's account."
    Saying of the week: Screw around and find out.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

... and Parler app is removed from Google Play Store, and Apple has now suspended the iOS Parler app from its App Store as well.

https://www.androidauthority.com/parler-app-1191259/

Air becomes thinner for Trumpists and other fascists.
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 10, 2021 at 01:27 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I can't say I care at all about Parler getting taken down. They wanted a site where they could do/say whatever they wanted, without having the actual ability to exist on their own without oversight from the orgs that host them via apps or their actual servers.

They had a chance, for months, to take action. They knew what kind of attention this could bring, and they blew it.

If TWC suddenly became a haven for right-wing edgelords who openly fantasize and plan on executing a violent act against an entire branch of the federal government without any moderation, I 100% believe that action would be taken against the site by both the ad services as well as our host.

Luckily our fine administration and moderation teams make sure that doesn't happen. But anyone who has taken a gander at Parler or some of the darker parts of Twitter/Facebook knows that the things they were posting there were beyond extreme.

Edit: My only regret is that Parler didn't turn out to be an elaborate honey pot to lure these people out by the feds. But the shame is still on the feds, because the evidence was there for literally weeks and they didn't do , and now they are trying it again (or at least they were until Parler was taken down)
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

The "reasoning" why Parler was taken down can be applied to Google's own services like Gmail and the other ones, Portland's Antifa's pages on Twitter where they openly discuss their actions (not the mostly peaceful ones) are not taken down but they ban #1984 on Twitter. It's is as funny as baffling to see this kind of hypocrisy.

When you think of it, President of USA has called for rally, 60-70 thousand people showed up, 2 thousand people of this group thought that it would be fun to invade the capitol without guns. It is turned out they mostly were taking selfies. Now, POTUS is responsible of actions of couple of thousands people in democratic country, that's right, so let's ban him for the actions of small group of people and ban all other people who supposedly could also can incent RIOTs, and while we are at it - let's ban that freaking Parler too. Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook are sort of different independent companies but they did it altogether basically in one day.

This all sounds like written script but it just works.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

First of all, if you can't see the difference between protests that genuinely get out of hand and people planning on rushing into the capitol of the country while intending to disrupt a constitutional/legal process in order to affect its outcome, that's on you. While many wandered around aimlessly, it is clear what the groups intent was.

Second of all, no. People were most certainly armed. They found the leader of the Proud Boys coming into DC with high capacity magazines. What the hell do you think he was coming to do? Hold a prayer circle? You also had several observed entering with weapons and zipties, along with bombs found nearby. The hell do you think was the intention of the people with handguns and zipties?

Third of all, Trump has no plausible deniability when he has been fanning the flames for weeks. If he had just shut up after the election he lost and his fans turned out and the day happened the same way? Fine. Fair even. But you cannot tell me his "It will be wild" message and his "I'll march with you to show our strength" (paraphrasing of course) did not rile them up more. He ultimately left and threw them under the bus, which is hilarious.

Fourth of all, is it really hard to imagine that they all decided independently of each other that they cannot host him or his cult anymore?

Again, Parler had its chance. You can't tell me they didn't. And by letting themselves become a hosting ground for such an event, they are responsible.

Funnily enough, Trump wants to repeal the very thing that protects Parler from being legally responsible for what happened. And if you think they didn't have that protection, you can be damned sure their CEO would have been a lot more serious in moderation of their extremist content.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The House is drawing up a new article of impeachment against the president. Frankly, I cannot say that this is undeserved. I do not believe that the president's actions were criminal, nor do I think he intended for his supporters to storm the Capitol. I also oppose the latest wave of corporate censorship, the attempts by the left to invoke their race mythologies to chastise the USCP and the Dems' unashamed hypocrisies regarding lawlessness and political radicalism. Nevertheless, it is undeniable that Trump's efforts to obstruct democracy, even if legal, were the proximate cause of last week's events - which included the death of an officer and the wounding of over fifty others.
    He called the demonstration and asked people to be wild... He is responsible by all means (plus, all the tons of other things he has done leading to this). That he is possibly utterly dumb (which we knew from day 1) and didnt know what would happen is not an excuse.

If every politician behaved like Trump, we would back to stone age. It has nothing to do with how is the today's society and democracy supposed to work. Especially politicians should be very careful about what they publicly say, because their words are heard by many. That you deem the things he has been doing acceptable only shows how much is the democratic society already damaged.
    Last edited by Jadli; January 10, 2021 at 04:10 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    they ban #1984
    lol man. lol. Go to twitter and try to make a hashtag associated with any number. The guy who was spreading that nonsense yesterday made the biggest ridicule you can imagine. But I suppose it is better to read these morons than the Marxist mass media, right?

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    One may hate Trump's policies and personality, but he is physically and mentally healthy for a 73-years old.
    Biden, on the other hand, clearly can't talk anymore, he can't really control his own actions (the whole thing where he constantly gropes women and children) and without heavy make-up he looks like an extra from Walking Dead.
    Even Obama refuses to give him endorsement, perhaps because Biden either did something creepy to his wife or daughters or said something about race and black people.
    This tweet didn't age well.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

As relevant them as it is now. The attempted yeeting of right wing figures and social media isn't changing any minds, its reinforcing them.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; January 10, 2021 at 07:45 AM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post

As relevant then as it is now. I know the purposefully obtuse here will poo poo this.
    This is pretty much what Biden said, a year ago and today, yet, it was you who chose to, how do you say, "poo poo" it.
    The Armenian Issue

I notice you don't quote me doing so and you won't be able to

I recall you have been previously confused on this same concept. You thought I was a justifying the 9/11 attacks because I knew what Bin Laden self stated grievance was.

We owe it to those that doubt the election a thorough examination of their concerns and complaints. You and I may be satisfied, but its perfectly obvious a fair number of people are not. We should do it for our own safety if for no other reason.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    The "reasoning" why Parler was taken down can be applied to Google's own services like Gmail and the other ones, Portland's Antifa's pages on Twitter where they openly discuss their actions (not the mostly peaceful ones) are not taken down but they ban #1984 on Twitter. It's is as funny as baffling to see this kind of hypocrisy.

When you think of it, President of USA has called for rally, 60-70 thousand people showed up, 2 thousand people of this group thought that it would be fun to invade the capitol without guns. It is turned out they mostly were taking selfies. Now, POTUS is responsible of actions of couple of thousands people in democratic country, that's right, so let's ban him for the actions of small group of people and ban all other people who supposedly could also can incent RIOTs, and while we are at it - let's ban that freaking Parler too. Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook are sort of different independent companies but they did it altogether basically in one day.

This all sounds like written script but it just works.
    All of the big tech companies involved in the coordinated silencing of Parler were previously denounced by the congressional antitrust committee as being monopolistic, anticompetitive and anti-democratic.

These firms [Amazon, Apple Google and Facebook] typically run the marketplace while also competing in it—a position that enables them to write one set of rules for others, while they play by another, or to engage in a form of their own private quasi regulation that is unaccountable to anyone but themselves.

The effects of this significant and durable market power are costly. The Subcommittee’s series of hearings produced significant evidence that these firms wield their dominance in ways that erode entrepreneurship, degrade Americans’ privacy online, and undermine the vibrancy of the free and diverse press. The result is less innovation, fewer choices for consumers, and a weakened democracy.

Congressional antitrust report.
    Those cheering the scapegoating of Parler for partisan reasons are blind to the threat of the same abusive business practices being used to censor, not only the beliefs they currently hold, but the views they are yet to encounter. Free expression is preferable to censorship, even, if not especially, during times of polarization.

I acknowledge that the tendency of all opinions to become sectarian is not cured by the freest expression but is often heightened and exacerbated thereby; the truth which ought to have been, but was not, seen, being rejected all the more violently because proclaimed by persons regarded as opponents. But it is not on the impassioned partisan, it is on the calmer and more disinterested bystander, that this collision of opinions works its salutary effect. Not the violent conflict between parts of the truth, but the quiet suppression of half of it, is the formidable evil: there is always hope when people are forced to listen to both sides; it is when they attend only to one that errors harden into prejudices, and truth itself ceases to have the effect of truth, by being exaggerated into falsehood.

On Liberty, J. S. Mill.
    Last edited by Cope; January 10, 2021 at 08:25 AM.

I notice you don't quote me doing so and you won't be able to

I recall you have been previously confused on this same concept. You thought I was a justifying the 9/11 attacks because I knew what Bin Laden self stated grievance was.

We owe it to those that doubt the election a thorough examination of their concerns and complaints. You and I may be satisfied, but its perfectly obvious a fair number of people are not. We should do it for our own safety if for no other reason.
    No requirement to quote anything that I consider an irrelevance.

There are people who believe that Elvis is alive, the Earth is flat and that there was a Deep State paedo ring in the basement of a Pizza restaurant. Like these examples, no reasonable person will accept Trump's nonsense about the election. No investigation is warranted because there isn't a prima facie case, let alone evidence to consider. This has been proven in a court of law around 60 times or so. It is quite clear that some so-called conservatives are siding with white supremacy over democracy, that is the problem, not the election of Biden.
    Last edited by mongrel; January 10, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Your response is a part of the problem, this "white supremacy" crap is poison every bit as deranged as pizzagate. If you are not willing to let your conspiracy theory don't expect others to let go of theirs.

Regardless of how we have gotten here we there are productive and nonproductive ways forward. We can choose to continue hashing out our differences, giving each other room to talk. That is what Ted Cruz wanted to do, one last examination of the facts.

The alternative is to not do so. It is perfectly obvious what happens after that. And that's were you want to go.

-Ella Hill

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Your response is a part of the problem, this "white supremacy" crap is poison every bit as deranged as pizzagate. If you are not willing to let your conspiracy theory don't expect others to let go of theirs..
    some of the most visible guys storming the capitol (the qanom shaman and his fellas) are white supremacists. (and I am not even talking about the guys with the confederate flags).

The mob that rampaged the halls of Congress included infamous white supremacists and conspiracy theorists.

White Supremacists Among Those Who Stormed the U.S. Capitol, Live Streamed From Inside

etc.
    Last edited by mishkin; January 10, 2021 at 09:05 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    No requirement to quote anything that I consider an irrelevance.

There are people who believe that Elvis is alive, the Earth is flat and that there was a Deep State paedo ring in the basement of a Pizza restaurant. Like these examples, no reasonable person will accept Trump's nonsense about the election. No investigation is warranted because there isn't a prima facie case, let alone evidence to consider. This has been proven in a court of law around 60 times or so. It is quite clear that some so-called conservatives are siding with white supremacy over democracy, that is the problem, not the election of Biden.
    Exactly. Its a judicial approved fact, that no countrywide voter fraud happened.

Why should only hurt feelings of these people matter?
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    some of the most visible guys storming the capitol (the qanom shaman and his fellas) are white supremacists. (and I am not even talking about the guys with the confederate flags).

The mob that rampaged the halls of Congress included infamous white supremacists and conspiracy theorists.

White Supremacists Among Those Who Stormed the U.S. Capitol, Live Streamed From Inside

etc.
    Yes, take a look at how powerful these white supremacists are . Not exactly captains of industry or occupying the chairmanships of prestigious universities. They are idiots from the internet barely scraping by in their day to day lives. If you think those guys are subtlety arranging society to their own benefit, well, you might as well be telling me about the lizard people too for all its worth.

Why should only hurt feelings of these people matter?
    Because they can make life miserable.

-Ella Hill

I´m thanking Mr. Donald John Trump, the 45th President of the United States that he clearly showed us the real Face of the so-called "Democrats" which literally did anything and how far they will go to just Win. We saw how any Elements in United States inlcuding the all of the Social Media supported the Democrats.

This was not clean Election and this fanatical Democrats should be stopped.

How this is being labelled as "Democracy" ?

Yes, take a look at how powerful these white supremacists are . Not exactly captains of industry or occupying the chairmanships of prestigious universities. They are idiots from the internet barely scraping by in their day to day lives. If you think those guys are subtlety arranging society to their own benefit, well, you might as well be telling me about the lizard people too for all its worth.
    Powerless my arse. One of the is them is the President of the United States. He has allies in the Republican Party, one of whom I understand is a QAnon activist. These people were close to stopping a democratic process to stop the appointment of the legitiate POTUS for the benefit of that oranged-faced tyrant.
    Because they can make life miserable.
    They already are, ask Heather Heyer. Oh you can't can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    All of the big tech companies involved in the coordinated silencing of Parler were previously denounced by the congressional antitrust committee as being monopolistic, anticompetitive and anti-democratic.

Those cheering the scapegoating of Parler for partisan reasons are blind to the threat of the same abusive business practices being used to censor, not only the beliefs they currently hold, but the views they are yet to encounter. Free expression is preferable to censorship, even, if not especially, during times of polarization.
    Tempting though it is , I do not intend to lead a mob into Parliament and kill or kidnap MPs in order to ensure that my political beliefs override others. So exactly what detriment should I expect if Parler vanished tomorrow?

These Parler insurgents and race nonces don't deserve my pity, to hell with what you say Mr T.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 10, 2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Off-topic.