View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Come on, JJ, you can do it

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Trump: 214 + 16 Georgia + 15 NC + 3 Alaska + 20 Pennsylvania = 269 electors.
    Did I miss something here?
    Yeap, I missed that 214+16+15+3+20 = 268
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I did a quick search. No "Empty land shall be valued over populous cities whenever sore losers are upset they are unpopular."
    Yes, I'm sure they would've formulated it like that.

Trump lost, you failed him.
    How so? I didn't vote for him. But hey, enjoy four years of Critical Race Theory and massive overspending. I'm sure it will do wonders for you.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Somebody ought to read the US Constitution...
    Empty land doesn’t vote.

Neither do the buildings in the towns and metropolises either.

As someone said, somebody should read the Constitution.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

If you pay attention to the individual numbers for each state you'll realize how close the two sides are. The pendulum swing between two vastly different camps, Republican and Democrats, is a very small distance. This is not something special to this year as well. Many of the states are won by very tiny margins on both sides. Its fascinating how the divide is relatively equal.
    The Armenian Issue

Biden just gave a pretty good speech

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

If you pay attention to the individual numbers for each state you'll realize how close the two sides are. The pendulum swing between two vastly different camps, Republican and Democrats, is a very small distance. This is not something special to this year as well. Many of the states are won by very tiny margins on both sides. Its fascinating how the divide is relatively equal.
    It's been going this way since 1992. For pretty much every part of the uppper federal government.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Yes, I'm sure they would've formulated it like that.

How so? I didn't vote for him. But hey, enjoy four years of Critical Race Theory and massive overspending. I'm sure it will do wonders for you.
    And you enjoy your invisible pink unicorn rides. See, I can make up nonsense too.

Trump will be the first ex-president to go to prison or defect to Russia. And of course it was a Republican.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Arizona is back to a toss up. There are still 600,000 legal absentee ballots to be counted. The ballots were hand delivered by voters on Nov.2 because they didn't trust the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Empty land doesn’t vote.

Neither do the buildings in the towns and metropolises either.

As someone said, somebody should read the Constitution.
    I know some conditions make communication a bit challenging, but maybe you should still try re-reading the post.

And you enjoy your invisible pink unicorn rides. See, I can make up nonsense too.
    Indeed. Exhibit A:

Trump will be the first ex-president to go to prison or defect to Russia. And of course it was a Republican.

This is true, and when it comes to competitive congressional districts, each party maximizes their chances by running moderate candidates, so that when there is a switch it tends to be a liberal leaning Republican taking the place of a conservative leaning Democrat or vice versa. Same is true of senatorial races in swing states. Which is probably why there are rarely ever any sweeping changes made even when one party controls both houses and the presidency, because the moderates still have to balance toeing the party line with concerns about their reelection prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

With Trump losing Deutsche Bank is going to be calling in their loans, or try to sell Trump's debt to some other sucker...er...financial institution, but I doubt there will be any takers.

Trump had to personally guarantee these loans with his own properties.

Trump hasn't just lost the presidency, he's losing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Arizona is back to a toss up.
    ??? Link?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Senator

With Trump losing Deutsche Bank is going to be calling in their loans, or try to sell Trump's debt to some other sucker...er...financial institution, but I doubt there will be any takers.

Trump had to personally guarantee these loans with his own properties.

Trump hasn't just lost the presidency, he's losing everything.
    He will get another loan by them, to pay the old one. Those buggers are dump as .

GOP holds line in state legislatures, dealing blow to Democrats | TheHill

Democratic hopes of claiming control of state legislative chambers across the nation crashed into an immovable Republican wall in key states on Tuesday, a substantial blow to the party’s chances of wielding more influence in the decennial redistricting process ahead.

Instead of big Democratic gains, early election results appear to show Republicans picked up enough seats to win control of at least two legislative chambers, the New Hampshire state Senate and the Alaska state House, where Republicans appear to be in a position to break a bipartisan coalition that ran the House for the last two years.

Outside analysts watching the races said the results represented a significant disappointment for Democrats, as Republicans beat even the most optimistic expectations.

“It’s an epic underperformance by Democrats. For all the money spent, Democrats aren’t going to be able to draw a single new congressional district as a result of this election that they hadn’t been able to draw before,” said Michael Behm, a Democratic lobbyist who keeps tabs on state legislative elections. “The Republicans have been able to protect every majority that they needed to that draws congressional lines.”

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

If Joe Biden wins - and with only a few thousand votes in it in several key states, there will be recounts across the country whether he or Trump appears to win - it's as likely as not they wont take the Senate. So it will be 4 years of undoing Trump's executive orders and little else that isn't bipartisan.

Which would actually play to Biden's strength, as he has indicated that he's like to build bridges and include Republicans in his administration. And it's likely he'll be asleep through much of his term anyway so a relaxed term where everything is a fight between Senate and House probably suits him.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    He will get another loan by them, to pay the old one. Those buggers are dump as .
    No, they are serious trying to get rid of this image disaster on two legs.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15966264
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    ??? Link?
    It's looking like Arizona will go for Trump:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...carry-arizona/

Additionally, many voting irregularities going on on Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Republican voting monitors not being allowed in.

And apparently 100,000 votes mysteriously appeared at 4am in the morning in Wisconsin and "counted" without any Republican monitors present. All were 100% Biden votes.

We're talking banana republic stuff here.

I think there is enough here to require a revote in Mich. Wis. and Penn.

That's one firm predicting it would go to Trump. The majority of statisticians and I mean the decent, unbiased ones like myself, say that Arizona would 85% to 90% go to Biden.

And apparently 100,000 votes mysteriously appeared at 4am in the morning in Wisconsin and "counted" without any Republican monitors present. All were 100% Biden votes.
    What are you talking about?! I was awake at the time (11 am my time) and watching the results tickle in. It was not "100K Biden votes suddenly appear!" It was more like "10K votes for Biden, 2K for Trump!" for a couple of hours that added up to a well expected difference. Biden was expected to take Wisconsin by a larger margin than he did according to the trends I was seeing before I switched off. It was a surprise to me to tune back in and see Wisconsin barely on Biden's camp.

Same with Nevada that is a big surprise as we expected a Biden+5 to Biden+7 there.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 04, 2020 at 04:24 PM.

Additionally, many voting irregularities going on on Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Republican voting monitors not being allowed in.
    We're talking banana republic stuff here.
    I think there is enough here to require a revote in Mich. Wis. and Penn.
    Exactly the kind of stuff Republicans have been claiming for weeks that Democrats would claim when Biden would lose...
    The Armenian Issue