View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

It's a great source of schadenfreude to me to see the capitol rioters' dreams shattered. These people clearly thought they were going to be heroes in the war against the deep state. They weren't worried about the consequences of their actions, either thinking they would be revered as martyrs for the cause or Trump would quickly pardon them. But nothing went right for them. Trump couldn't care less about them and has happily left them to rot in jail, and they are being denounced by their own side as "leftists BLM Antifa". All they gained were criminal records, lost jobs, and ruined families. Couldn't happen to a more deserving group.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Trump couldn't care less about them and has happily left them to rot in jail, and they are being denounced by their own side as "leftists BLM Antifa".
    His supporters don't care. To them, Trump is the perpetual victim. Whatever he does, if it turns out badly it's someone else's fault. This won't be any different. They will come up with a narrative where they're still the cherished defenders of their saviour.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Biden plans to open a path to citizenship to 11 million future democrat voters immigrants. Can't say I think this will go very well in Texas.
    In 5-10 years many of them would be able to vote. And the majority of them, would be biased towards the democrats because they were the ones that helped them (and let's be honest: because Republicans will be complete buttholes to them). I expect most of them to end up in the Southern states which means that Florida that was a coin flip will get a +3% to +5% democrat. Texas will move closer to purple state with Democrats gaining power in the local legislatures = more of those immigrants would be allowed to vote. California? Well, they are already out of reach for the Republicans.

Now is this wrong? I would say it ... kiiinda is. Sure, the Democrats would have a foot in with those immigrants and their families. But on the other hand, they would have a foot in the door because they helped what will be a 3-4% of the electorate for the next 30 years or something. That's what's supposed to be happening in democracy. You help a group, the group votes for you. The one that is liked by most groups, wins.
    And nobody prohibits the Republicans from being nice to the immigrants... except their own voters.

What I mean is that this will skew the demographics in favor of the Democrats in very-important Florida and put Texas in play. But if the Republicans stop being buttholes, they can overcome that 3%-5% advantage of the Democrats simply by being better and by attracting more of those new voters.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Well I'm not sure I would bother gaming out the long term consequences.

Biden can't do his plan through budget reconciliation (unlike fiscal stuff). His announcement here is a dead letter, political signal at best. Realistically he can undo Trump polices that were executive actions. But actual comprehensive reform that needs to be bi partisan is still as dead is was when GBjr could not get it done. My guess is that if Biden is really lucky he might get just a very narrow bill through to create a path for the much smaller long term dreamer group and that's it. At best I can see Biden maybe falling back on some deal to do some kind of guest worker implementation for the larger population of illegals. Anything that would them be able to say legally complain about workplace exploitation would be good.

At the end of the day Biden as two things that he only has two years to do get the vaccines out and get the economy rolling he can do that with reconciliation two times (assuming Manchin and Murkowski [if she wants bridges to anywhere or nowhere - now is the time to start counting out how many - good paying construction jobs right?] get everything on their bucket list). I can't really see him spending two much time on Immigration legislation after it gets shot down after putting it forward.
    Last edited by conon394; January 17, 2021 at 09:13 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    You have been presented with people who actually work for CNN countering your American Stinker blog and you just double down and spin around in your own .

FFS, BW. Just admit when you make a mistake about posting right-wing nonsense and stop trying to get people hurt by posting your lies.

Or just keep posting boomer-level social media and never learn a goddamn lesson at all. But sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA" every time you post here only makes you look like a child who can't handle being told he's wrong.

Then again...a quick look back through this thread would reveal that is indeed the case anyway so...
    Although it has become dark satire, it is still no less hilarious. Why, I'm shocked that CNN would disavow its photojournalist. Shocked I say!

CNN and other left-wing media that ran fake news stories for over two years claiming the "dossier" as legitimate while AT ran stories over the same time period that did in depth journalism exposing the fraud are still held high as the arbiters of truth by leftists on this site. Never mind the fact that the just released transcripts of the Senate Collusion investigation prove that the AT stories I posted were correct and spot on.

The CNN interview with Jade Sacket I had planned to link to today has been removed by U-tube for violation of terms of service. Wow! Nothing Orwellian about that at all. Hey it's just an animal house thing.

Now you're claiming I'm trying to get people hurt because I don't dutifully follow your left-wing narrative. I don't do protests and I wasn't one of the fringe agitators who incited the riots. Instead of the press reporting there were 800,000 people listening to Trump's speech, the focus is on the 1500 or so people who burst into the Capital while he was still talking. Who does that benefit? Have you even asked yourself that question? It doesn't benefit Trump or any of his supporters. You like red flags, that should be a big one for you.

And don't forget, it was CNN and left-wing media that ran story after story claiming that an anonymous Washington beurocrat was righteous during the impeachment hoax that later would call thousands of affidavits claiming election fraud sworn to under penalty of perjury as inconsequential.

I'm sure that CNN and left-wing media have editorial standards; it's just that no one knows what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    And don't forget, it was CNN and left-wing media that ran story after story claiming that an anonymous Washington beurocrat was righteous during the impeachment hoax that later would call thousands of affidavits claiming election fraud sworn to under penalty of perjury as inconsequential.
    A few hundred Trump fanatics that been brainwashed for months by Trump and Trump fanatic media to believe the Democrats were going to "Steal" the election doesn't prove anything. There is no hard evidence and there are videos of Trump fanatics assuming phony ballots simply because a van was unloading equipment. Even Trump's AG admitted there was no proof of widespread fraud. What really happened was whenever the majority of the votes arrived during the night from urban areas (usually because of GOP efforts to limit polling locations in urban areas which logically means the ballots wouldn't arrive as quickly as some tiny rural county), Trump screamed fraud in an effort to get legitimate urban votes thrown out.

The biggest hoax of the last 4 years was how authoritarian Trump tried to con you and others into believe there was fraud and then act on it. Well, that, and all the Qanon garbage which really does deserve mention mention due to its pure insanity.
    Last edited by chilon; January 17, 2021 at 12:10 PM.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

According to the Guardian,how Joe Biden's faith will shape his presidency
    He carries a rosary in his pocket, one that belonged to his dead son, Beau. Biden’s Catholicism is at the core of his life and is likely to shape the way he governs as president.“I’m as much a cultural Catholic as I am a theological Catholic,” he wrote in his book, Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics
    ------------------
    During the final week of his presidential campaign, Biden quoted Pope’s Francis New encyclical Fratelli Tutti and said: "Pope Francis has asked questions that anyone who seeks to lead this great nation should answer."
    According to America-The Jesuit review,
    The Holy Father’s recent encyclical “Fratelli Tutti” addresses the need for solidarity in a post-pandemic world to relieve poverty and correct accelerating inequality. In announcing his new economic team, the president-elect has likewise affirmed his intent to reduce economic inequality and empower workers, a perennial concern of Catholic social teaching.
    -------------------
    For that reason, the political thought of the Pope isn’t totally irrelevant. So, I invite you all to read the last Francis’s encyclical, “Fratteli tutti”/ “All Brothers” , on fraternity and social friendship, inspired by the parable of the Good Samaritan. It’s intensely political. Fratelli tutti (3 October 2020) | Francis
    Some excerpts,

A BETTER KIND OF POLITICS
    FORMS OF POPULISM AND LIBERALISM
    155. Lack of concern for the vulnerable can hide behind a populism that exploits them demagogically for its own purposes, or a liberalism that serves the economic interests of the powerful. In both cases, it becomes difficult to envisage an open world that makes room for everyone, including the most vulnerable, and shows respect for different cultures.

Popular vs. populist

156. In recent years, the words “populism” and “populist” have invaded the communications media and everyday conversation. As a result, they have lost whatever value they might have had, and have become another source of polarization in an already divided society. Efforts are made to classify entire peoples, groups, societies and governments as “populist” or not. Nowadays it has become impossible for someone to express a view on any subject without being categorized one way or the other, either to be unfairly discredited or to be praised to the skies.

157. The attempt to see populism as a key for interpreting social reality is problematic in another way: it disregards the legitimate meaning of the word “people”. Any effort to remove this concept from common parlance could lead to the elimination of the very notion of democracy as “government by the people”. If we wish to maintain that society is more than a mere aggregate of individuals, the term “people” proves necessary. There are social phenomena that create majorities, as well as megatrends and communitarian aspirations. Men and women are capable of coming up with shared goals that transcend their differences and can thus engage in a common endeavour. Then too, it is extremely difficult to carry out a long-term project unless it becomes a collective aspiration. All these factors lie behind our use of the words “people” and “popular”. Unless they are taken into account – together with a sound critique of demagoguery – a fundamental aspect of social reality would be overlooked.

158. Here, there can be a misunderstanding. “‘People’ is not a logical category, nor is it a mystical category, if by that we mean that everything the people does is good, or that the people is an ‘angelic’ reality. Rather, it is a mythic category… When you have to explain what you mean by people, you use logical categories for the sake of explanation, and necessarily so. Yet in that way you cannot explain what it means to belong to a people. The word ‘people’ has a deeper meaning that cannot be set forth in purely logical terms. To be part of a people is to be part of a shared identity arising from social and cultural bonds. And that is not something automatic, but rather a slow, difficult process… of advancing towards a common project”.[132]

159. “Popular” leaders, those capable of interpreting the feelings and cultural dynamics of a people, and significant trends in society, do exist. The service they provide by their efforts to unite and lead can become the basis of an enduring vision of transformation and growth that would also include making room for others in the pursuit of the common good. But this can degenerate into an unhealthy “populism” when individuals are able to exploit politically a people’s culture, under whatever ideological banner, for their own personal advantage or continuing grip on power. Or when, at other times, they seek popularity by appealing to the basest and most selfish inclinations of certain sectors of the population. This becomes all the more serious when, whether in cruder or more subtle forms, it leads to the usurpation of institutions and laws.

160. Closed populist groups distort the word “people”, since they are not talking about a true people. The concept of “people” is in fact open-ended. A living and dynamic people, a people with a future, is one constantly open to a new synthesis through its ability to welcome differences. In this way, it does not deny its proper identity, but is open to being mobilized, challenged, broadened and enriched by others, and thus to further growth and development.

161. Another sign of the decline of popular leadership is concern for short-term advantage. One meets popular demands for the sake of gaining votes or support, but without advancing in an arduous and constant effort to generate the resources people need to develop and earn a living by their own efforts and creativity. In this regard, I have made it clear that “I have no intention of proposing an irresponsible populism”.[133] Eliminating inequality requires an economic growth that can help to tap each region’s potential and thus guarantee a sustainable equality.[134] At the same time, it follows that “welfare projects, which meet certain urgent needs, should be considered merely temporary responses”.[135]

162. The biggest issue is employment. The truly “popular” thing – since it promotes the good of the people – is to provide everyone with the opportunity to nurture the seeds that God has planted in each of us: our talents, our initiative and our innate resources. This is the finest help we can give to the poor, the best path to a life of dignity. Hence my insistence that, “helping the poor financially must always be a provisional solution in the face of pressing needs. The broader objective should always be to allow them a dignified life through work”.[136] Since production systems may change, political systems must keep working to structure society in such a way that everyone has a chance to contribute his or her own talents and efforts. For “there is no poverty worse than that which takes away work and the dignity of work”.[137] In a genuinely developed society, work is an essential dimension of social life, for it is not only a means of earning one’s daily bread, but also of personal growth, the building of healthy relationships, self-expression and the exchange of gifts. Work gives us a sense of shared responsibility for the development of the world, and ultimately, for our life as a people.

The benefits and limits of liberal approaches

163. The concept of a “people”, which naturally entails a positive view of community and cultural bonds, is usually rejected by individualistic liberal approaches, which view society as merely the sum of coexisting interests. One speaks of respect for freedom, but without roots in a shared narrative; in certain contexts, those who defend the rights of the most vulnerable members of society tend to be criticized as populists. The notion of a people is considered an abstract construct, something that does not really exist. But this is to create a needless dichotomy. Neither the notion of “people” nor that of “neighbour” can be considered purely abstract or romantic, in such a way that social organization, science and civic institutions can be rejected or treated with contempt.[138]

164. Charity, on the other hand, unites both dimensions – the abstract and the institutional – since it calls for an effective process of historical change that embraces everything: institutions, law, technology, experience, professional expertise, scientific analysis, administrative procedures, and so forth. For that matter, “private life cannot exist unless it is protected by public order. A domestic hearth has no real warmth unless it is safeguarded by law, by a state of tranquillity founded on law, and enjoys a minimum of wellbeing ensured by the division of labour, commercial exchange, social justice and political citizenship”.[139]

165. True charity is capable of incorporating all these elements in its concern for others. In the case of personal encounters, including those involving a distant or forgotten brother or sister, it can do so by employing all the resources that the institutions of an organized, free and creative society are capable of generating. Even the Good Samaritan, for example, needed to have a nearby inn that could provide the help that he was personally unable to offer. Love of neighbour is concrete and squanders none of the resources needed to bring about historical change that can benefit the poor and disadvantaged. At times, however, leftist ideologies or social doctrines linked to individualistic ways of acting and ineffective procedures affect only a few, while the majority of those left behind remain dependent on the goodwill of others. This demonstrates the need for a greater spirit of fraternity, but also a more efficient worldwide organization to help resolve the problems plaguing the abandoned who are suffering and dying in poor countries. It also shows that there is no one solution, no single acceptable methodology, no economic recipe that can be applied indiscriminately to all. Even the most rigorous scientific studies can propose different courses of action.

166. Everything, then, depends on our ability to see the need for a change of heart, attitudes and lifestyles. Otherwise, political propaganda, the media and the shapers of public opinion will continue to promote an individualistic and uncritical culture subservient to unregulated economic interests and societal institutions at the service of those who already enjoy too much power. My criticism of the technocratic paradigm involves more than simply thinking that if we control its excesses everything will be fine. The bigger risk does not come from specific objects, material realities or institutions, but from the way that they are used. It has to do with human weakness, the proclivity to selfishness that is part of what the Christian tradition refers to as “concupiscence”: the human inclination to be concerned only with myself, my group, my own petty interests. Concupiscence is not a flaw limited to our own day. It has been present from the beginning of humanity, and has simply changed and taken on different forms down the ages, using whatever means each moment of history can provide. Concupiscence, however, can be overcome with the help of God.

167. Education and upbringing, concern for others, a well-integrated view of life and spiritual growth: all these are essential for quality human relationships and for enabling society itself to react against injustices, aberrations and abuses of economic, technological, political and media power. Some liberal approaches ignore this factor of human weakness; they envisage a world that follows a determined order and is capable by itself of ensuring a bright future and providing solutions for every problem.

168. The marketplace, by itself, cannot resolve every problem, however much we are asked to believe this dogma of neoliberal faith. Whatever the challenge, this impoverished and repetitive school of thought always offers the same recipes. Neoliberalism simply reproduces itself by resorting to the magic theories of “spillover” or “trickle” – without using the name – as the only solution to societal problems. There is little appreciation of the fact that the alleged “spillover” does not resolve the inequality that gives rise to new forms of violence threatening the fabric of society.

It is imperative to have a proactive economic policy directed at “promoting an economy that favours productive diversity and business creativity”[140] and makes it possible for jobs to be created and not cut. Financial speculation fundamentally aimed at quick profit continues to wreak havoc. Indeed, “without internal forms of solidarity and mutual trust, the market cannot completely fulfil its proper economic function. And today this trust has ceased to exist”.[141] The story did not end the way it was meant to, and the dogmatic formulae of prevailing economic theory proved not to be infallible. The fragility of world systems in the face of the pandemic has demonstrated that not everything can be resolved by market freedom. It has also shown that, in addition to recovering a sound political life that is not subject to the dictates of finance, “we must put human dignity back at the centre and on that pillar build the alternative social structures we need”.[142]

169. In some closed and monochrome economic approaches, for example, there seems to be no place for popular movements that unite the unemployed, temporary and informal workers and many others who do not easily find a place in existing structures. Yet those movements manage various forms of popular economy and of community production.

What is needed is a model of social, political and economic participation “that can include popular movements and invigorate local, national and international governing structures with that torrent of moral energy that springs from including the excluded in the building of a common destiny”, while also ensuring that “these experiences of solidarity which grow up from below, from the subsoil of the planet – can come together, be more coordinated, keep on meeting one another”.[143] This, however, must happen in a way that will not betray their distinctive way of acting as “sowers of change, promoters of a process involving millions of actions, great and small, creatively intertwined like words in a poem”.[144]

In that sense, such movements are “social poets” that, in their own way, work, propose, promote and liberate. They help make possible an integral human development that goes beyond “the idea of social policies being a policy for the poor, but never with the poor and never of the poor, much less part of a project that reunites peoples”.[145] They may be troublesome, and certain “theorists” may find it hard to classify them, yet we must find the courage to acknowledge that, without them, “democracy atrophies, turns into a mere word, a formality; it loses its representative character and becomes disembodied, since it leaves out the people in their daily struggle for dignity, in the building of their future”.[146]
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Although it has become dark satire, it is still no less hilarious. Why, I'm shocked that CNN would disavow its photojournalist. Shocked I say!
    For him to be a CNN photo-journalist he has to actually be on their payroll. Not someone they occasionally buy photos from in a contractual fashion. This is like me saying I outright work for the Government when I'm a contractor dude.

Today, you learn how contracting and out-and-out employment works.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    For him to be a CNN photo-journalist he has to actually be on their payroll. Not someone they occasionally buy photos from in a contractual fashion. This is like me saying I outright work for the Government when I'm a contractor dude.

If Sacker was affiliated with major news networks then there may be some degree of truth to the story, even if the allegation that she is/was a CNN employee is inaccurate. The job of journalists is to report the news, not to collude with alleged provocateurs or agitators (i.e. Sullivan) to create news.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    If Sacker was affiliated with major news networks then there may be some degree of truth to the story, even if the allegation that she is/was a CNN employee is inaccurate. The job of journalists is to report the news, not to collude with alleged provocateurs or agitators (i.e. Sullivan) to create news.
    Except if he's merely affiliated with the network that means he can be also affiliated with others. He has to hope to god that they want his work for the day or he makes nothing. If he's employed by one of them, he's making a salary and they get all of his work. And after actions like this, they're all cutting him off, odds are.

Like I said, this is where BW learns what contracting is. Or maybe. Maybe maybe maybe....he knew all along and chose to ignore it to type whatever the frak he wanted. You pick.
    Last edited by Gaidin; January 17, 2021 at 07:58 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

One of the ironies of the insurrection is that if the nutters met one of their objectives and lynched Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi would have taken over his place in succession.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Senator

@mongrel: guess Who was the next Person on the Lynchlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post

Everyone who doesn't worship Trump the way they do. What's even more bizarre is that even if they had succeed in abolishing democracy and installing Trump as Emperor for life, they would still claim they are being persecuted. Being a victim is as much a part of the narrative that binds these people together as Trump worship.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

They would lynch Trump if he said something that for some reason they could not justify. They would argue that it was a double and that the real Trump was in some bunker preparing for the final battle or something.
    Last edited by mishkin; January 18, 2021 at 04:29 AM.

The central concept of Trump worship-Trump as a heroic fighter against evil as embodied by a conspiracy of shadowy globalists-is hilarious to anyone who actually knew of Donald Trump prior to 2015. Anyone who had any knowledge of the man will tell you that if there really was a deep state in control of the US government, Trump would do everything he could to ingratiate himself with them.

It's hard to get off that tiger; Mussolini certainly felt threatened from the more ideological members of his faction.

I get the impression there is about to be a massive purge of Trumpists and white nationalists from the military and law enforcements.

The insurrectionists expect a pardon from Trump, though I expect expert legal advice is counselling him that doing so will just be another nail in his coffin in subsequent prosecutions.

You do have to wonder who will get a pardon before the Inauguration.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Everyone who doesn't worship Trump the way they do.
    That's a bit of a misread. Especially for rooms with upwards of 400 people in it. With an adrenaline rush they may know who Nancy Pelosi is on sight, but they're not going to stop and ask "You're not Marjorie Taylor Greene or Lauren Boebert are you?" They're just going to push forward and grab who's there. Luckily they were all kept safe.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    A few hundred Trump fanatics that been brainwashed for months by Trump and Trump fanatic media to believe the Democrats were going to "Steal" the election doesn't prove anything. There is no hard evidence and there are videos of Trump fanatics assuming phony ballots simply because a van was unloading equipment. Even Trump's AG admitted there was no proof of widespread fraud. What really happened was whenever the majority of the votes arrived during the night from urban areas (usually because of GOP efforts to limit polling locations in urban areas which logically means the ballots wouldn't arrive as quickly as some tiny rural county), Trump screamed fraud in an effort to get legitimate urban votes thrown out.

The biggest hoax of the last 4 years was how authoritarian Trump tried to con you and others into believe there was fraud and then act on it. Well, that, and all the Qanon garbage which really does deserve mention mention due to its pure insanity.
    You're simply parroting leftist media talking points. I dare say you didn't spend a single minute watching the proceedings in the state legislatures and without question have never viewed the Georgia video which shows thousands of ballots being counted after the counting officially had stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post

I realize that leftists these days have problems with gender determination, but you really should spend some time making that definitive before you post; in this case the person in question is a "she".

The coronathoritian left is deeply concerned with keeping Jimbo from operating his country buffet but when it comes to mass migration in the middle of Muh Pandemic TM, it's crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    One of the ironies of the insurrection is that if the nutters met one of their objectives and lynched Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi would have taken over his place in succession.
    Imagine thinking any of them had any clue what they were doing. Like when some fat lab actually catches the squirrel and has no idea what to do next. In terms of actual, real, non-CNN driven propoganda, it is important to remember that 100% of congressmen shot by violent extremists in the past four years have been Republicans shot by leftists.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 18, 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    It's hard to get off that tiger; Mussolini certainly felt threatened from the more ideological members of his faction.

I get the impression there is about to be a massive purge of Trumpists and white nationalists from the military and law enforcements.

The insurrectionists expect a pardon from Trump, though I expect expert legal advice is counselling him that doing so will just be another nail in his coffin in subsequent prosecutions.

You do have to wonder who will get a pardon before the Inauguration.
    It is ironic seeing that black people have been suggesting that racial extremism's a threat to public safety for years, decades even. Then the BLM marches, yet it takes Congress getting a taste of that hatred for them to recognise that there is a problem with white supremacy and MAGA cults.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Imagine thinking any of them had any clue what they were doing.
    A bit like Lovecraftian acolytes, doing the bidding of their bloated, blasphemous, orange entity.
    Last edited by mongrel; January 18, 2021 at 01:35 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.