View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: USA elections 2020 - 2021

If the Trump cult does anything serious during Biden's confirmation, and by "serious" I mean "more serious than whining on twitter", they would seal the fate of their Messiah.

I expect Trump will survive the trial in the senate. But then, he will be prosecuted as a citizen. If he puts up a twitter2-megaphone, he will be prosecuted for the wave of White Terror the Trumpists will bring. The following years will be painful for USA as rightwing Extremism will hit the roof. Gone are the days where most people would think "Muslim!" when they heard "Bomb exploded in X!"
    Now it will be "Trumpeteer!"

Voting for Trump in 2020 would have been cleaner and less damaging in the short term. If the system does not manage to get rid of Trump even now, and he keeps the GOP hostage to his fanatics, it would be a disaster, whether Trump wins the 2024 elections or not. Simply put, the main threat of Trump is not Trump the President but Trump the Cult-leader.
    And without having to "Waste time" pretending to govern the USA, the Cult-leader will have ample time to use his influence to baloon his ego and cause further brainwashing to millions of Americans.

The good thing?
    It is quite possible that the system WILL manage to get rid of Trump now. Perhaps not in the senate trial but soon after. I doubt the GOP would be able to find someone else to fill Trump's shoes as he is evidently a MASTER in forming a solid base. For years extreme Republicans will try to use Trump's base, but they will always be using Trump's base, not forming their own. With Trump gone the Trump-wannabes will fail and lose their following.

But can the system really get rid of Trump? Putting him in jail will turn him to a hero. We will see.

I said months ago that one of the main benefits of having Trump as the Government is that you don't have Trump in the opposition. I hope I am proven wrong. I despair that I may not have been wrong.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Multiple states allow you to marry your cousin depending on the closeness of the relation.

Giuliani was married to his second(?) cousin, for example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, once again we have a member of this forum spreading dangerous right-wing lies that rely entirely on gullible Americans sharing idiocy on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    So now we find out that a CNN reporter assisted the BLM activist in inciting Capital riot:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...itol_riot.html

It should be obvious why the Dems wanted a rush to judgment before all the facts could be examined.
    You need to stop spreading right-wing lies. It's how you get people killed, as we saw last Wednesday.

Even more than dangerous, it's absolutely pathetic at this point.

Woman in video at Capitol with arrested activist is not with CNN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, an FBI witness claims that the Proud Boys would have killed Pence and Pelosi if they had the chance arise.

"Stand back and stand by"
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; January 15, 2021 at 09:39 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Multiple states allow you to marry your cousin depending on the closeness of the relation.
    I think Alabama allows first cousin marriage.

Why didn't you say so earlier!? That paradigm of good decisions that is Rudy Giulliani marrying his cousin, changes everything! My argument about cousin marriage lost all its fangs.

You need to stop spreading right-wing lies. It's how you get people killed, as we saw last Wednesday.

It is crucially important that these lies are countered as you just did. Not for the cultists themselves, they're beyond easy convincement, but to stop the radicalization of those that are in edges of the pit and look inside.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

CNN's Jade Sacker while in the company of the BLM activist at the Capital bragging about inciting the riot:

"We did it!"

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/134...943168000?s=20

It was linked to in the AT article. Bet you won't see CNN reporting on this.
    Your post is an embarrassent to this forum. Posting fake news articles in order to mitigate clear acts of terrorism ought to be infractible, in my view. Thank you for showing how people can be turned by the rubbish posted on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    If the Trump cult does anything serious during Biden's confirmation, and by "serious" I mean "more serious than whining on twitter", they would seal the fate of their Messiah.

I expect Trump will survive the trial in the senate. But then, he will be prosecuted as a citizen. If he puts up a twitter2-megaphone, he will be prosecuted for the wave of White Terror the Trumpists will bring. The following years will be painful for USA as rightwing Extremism will hit the roof. Gone are the days where most people would think "Muslim!" when they heard "Bomb exploded in X!"
    Now it will be "Trumpeteer!"

Voting for Trump in 2020 would have been cleaner and less damaging in the short term. If the system does not manage to get rid of Trump even now, and he keeps the GOP hostage to his fanatics, it would be a disaster, whether Trump wins the 2024 elections or not. Simply put, the main threat of Trump is not Trump the President but Trump the Cult-leader.
    And without having to "Waste time" pretending to govern the USA, the Cult-leader will have ample time to use his influence to baloon his ego and cause further brainwashing to millions of Americans.

The good thing?
    It is quite possible that the system WILL manage to get rid of Trump now. Perhaps not in the senate trial but soon after. I doubt the GOP would be able to find someone else to fill Trump's shoes as he is evidently a MASTER in forming a solid base. For years extreme Republicans will try to use Trump's base, but they will always be using Trump's base, not forming their own. With Trump gone the Trump-wannabes will fail and lose their following.

But can the system really get rid of Trump? Putting him in jail will turn him to a hero. We will see.

I said months ago that one of the main benefits of having Trump as the Government is that you don't have Trump in the opposition. I hope I am proven wrong. I despair that I may not have been wrong.
    Gone are the days when a white supremacist/Trump nut atrocity is written off as an act by a 'lone wolf'.
    Last edited by mongrel; January 16, 2021 at 02:40 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Still I've been watching quite a bit of CNN since the elections and frankly, I'm appalled by what I'm seeing. To call their reporting 'slanted' would be an understatement of epic proportions. It isn't so much that they are lying or making things up, but the reporting is so incredibly unbalanced and clearly intended to emotionally fuel entrenched progressives, that it would be no surprise if people not in that demographic believed they were. Their reporters and anchormen and women do not even pretend to be impartial and their selection of guests from the conservative camp is highly suspect. Basically, you only see them when they break ranks, at which point the presenters will treat them with a disgusting mixture of of gratitude and condescension. Have they no shame?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Still I've been watching quite a bit of CNN since the elections and frankly, I'm appalled by what I'm seeing. To call their reporting 'slanted' would be an understatement of epic proportions. It isn't so much that they are lying or making things up, but the reporting is so incredibly unbalanced and clearly intended to emotionally fuel entrenched progressives, that it would be no surprise if people not in that demographic believed they were. Their reporters and anchormen and women do not even pretend to be impartial and their selection of guests from the conservative camp is highly suspect. Basically, you only see them when they break ranks, at which point the presenters will treat them with a disgusting mixture of of gratitude and condescension. Have they no shame?
    Its part of the media "race to the bottom", Murdoch didn't invent politicised or muck-racking journalism, he's just good at it. Events as reported seem to be several removes from reality, and various media factions often seem to report from different universes. Most politicians happily play the game, its probably simpler to keep to the Hollywood scripts provided than work out real world solutions, EG the "war on drugs" or "one party is racist". The great part about criticising mostly fabricated problems is the other party can't solve them. Useful idiots and lockstep voters will go on believing Comet Pizza or Trump is a Russian spy, their belief wasn't based on evidence to start with so it isn't susceptible to reasonable disproof.

I said it before Trump has won the race to the bottom by a margin, his agenda was as unreal as it comes. Caravans composed of Mexican prison populations were not seen arriving (perhaps in part because they never started?). Pointless visits to Asia were paraded as victories, we even had characters on this site crowing about the Korean War finally being over.

In the past the Democrat machine, aided by a capable media arm, was quite openly corrupt in parts of the country and led to the election of as crap a candidate as ever walked the earth, JFK who bathed in undeserved media adulation even before his removal from office (I think by his own party because he was just so terrible). I wonder what part Nixon's loss to a plainly corrupt system stealing the result in 1960, followed by the dill Kennedy's apotheosis contributed to his going over the edge (either of sanity or criminality) in the 1970's.

Trumps blithering and lax governance doesn't bode well for Kamala Harris' presidency, if she follows the trend of not filling senior Departmental and other roles (or Trump and Obama's widening of executive order usage) to circumvent Congressional confirmation fireworks and filibustering.

As a centrist Democrat she'll enjoy more or less blind support from large slices of the media, as well as the usual propaganda assault from FOX and the paedo weeb neckbeards. Where was she born? Is she married to three different Muslims at the same time? Does she still eat babies for breakfast? The US media seems to know no bounds of decency lying about their enemies or shame when praising friends.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

CNN's Jade Sacker while in the company of the BLM activist at the Capital bragging about inciting the riot:

"We did it!"

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/134...943168000?s=20

It was linked to in the AT article. Bet you won't see CNN reporting on this.
    Probably because Jake Sacker doesn't work for CNN.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...-work-for-cnn/

Seriously B.W., that took me all of three seconds to find.

EDIT: Beaten by TheDarkKnight and Mongrel.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; January 16, 2021 at 07:46 AM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

I’m not surprised.
    Police seized alarming number of weapons on Capitol rioters ...

Police have seized an alarming amount of guns from President Trump's supporters who descended on Washington, D.C., last week and stormed the Capitol in an effort to stop Congress's certification of the 2020 election results.
    The details revealed in court documents over the past week paint a disturbing picture indicating that some of the demonstrators flocked to the Capitol prepared to carry out violence. The cases, likely only the beginning of a lengthy federal investigation, also suggest that the riot that overran the halls of Congress and left five people dead could have been much worse.
    One man, Lonnie Coffman, is facing multiple weapons charges after police say they found him in possession of five guns, eleven Molotov cocktails, a crossbow, smoke bombs and a stun gun.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Senator

Normal Material you take with you for peaceful Protest. At least when you are a Follower of the cult.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Old fantasm of the left, as featured in Costas-Gavras movie "Betrayed"(1988)...
    As a side note, the holocaust is an old phantom of the racist far right - it takes "too much room in schools. Absolutely morbid". Right?
    But, have you seen that movie? the movie is about Winger's emotional dillema."Z" is the movie that I recommend you to watch, the events that "Z" depicts are still happening today, albeit in different forms. "Z" is a a movie about government opression and suppression of "dangerous" (leftist) ideologies, injustices, violence, and corruption. In doubt, ask Lambrakis's ghost.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Gone are the days when a white supremacist/Trump nut atrocity is written off as an act by a 'lone wolf'.
    Certainly. When 5000-6000 people storm the Capitol Hill, you have to realize it is bigger. I have no memory from foreign matters in the early 80s but I think this will go down similar to the Troubles of Ireland or the Red Brigades of Italy but with far right extremists. It would be a rough couple of decades especially since I honestly doubt a moderate willing to get partisan punches to the chin in order to promote unity in USA will succeed Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Still I've been watching quite a bit of CNN since the elections and frankly, I'm appalled by what I'm seeing. To call their reporting 'slanted' would be an understatement of epic proportions. It isn't so much that they are lying or making things up, but the reporting is so incredibly unbalanced
    [...]
    . Have they no shame?
    No.

Fox News is not any better neither Trump's (or his successor's) new platform would be better. This is not whataboutism, I am not trying to excuse the appalling and shameless reporting of the Clinton's News Network, I am just making a sad observation. With news platforms like these, the people of USA will have much harder time to become united.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 16, 2021 at 11:33 AM.

Citizen

On a lighter note, Biden, the Return of the Jedi, "I'll be an ally of the light, not the darkness

Not so far off the mark.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...statement.html

Just incase no one clicks the link

Just putting that out there
    You didn't publish the header. I wonder why. AT is a small outfit that doesn't have the financial wherewithal to battle the tech titans in court. That's the reason they agreed to publish the big tech blame piece. It is just another example of big tech censorship. They also disabled comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, once again we have a member of this forum spreading dangerous right-wing lies that rely entirely on gullible Americans sharing idiocy on social media.

Even more than dangerous, it's absolutely pathetic at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, an FBI witness claims that the Proud Boys would have killed Pence and Pelosi if they had the chance arise.

"Stand back and stand by"
    The woman was doing work for CNN, as she has in the past. Just because the so-called "fact check" sites are in a full court press to distance her from fake news CNN doesn't make her any less affiliated with CNN. Who do you think she sold all her work to?

The next thing you'll find on Snopes is that the black guys wasn't actually with BLM and he never said "burn it down".

Snopes? Seriously? A far left site ran out of a trailer by an unemployed nitwit whose chief investigator is an ex-stripper.
    Last edited by B. W.; January 16, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

The next thing you'll find on Snopes is that the black guys wasn't actually with BLM and he never said "burn it down"..
    Are you talking about John Sullivan?
    His true motives have already been called into question by leftist activist groups online, including Rebellion Baby, which tweeted an extensive takedown accusing him of being an “infiltrator/agent provocateur.”

“John has been kicked from the #SaltLakeCity and #Portland protest scenes due to alarming behaviors including grifting/profiteering, self-promotion/clout chasing, sabotage of community actions, threats of violence, and — maybe most disturbingly — ties to the far-right,” the group tweeted on Nov. 26.
    From the New York Post

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

We've been debating with B.W. over the state of their (he? her? I never know gender pronouns in these parts) mental health, but back in actual election land, I just caught a snippet of someone suggesting McConnell wont whip the party over a Senate trial, and that he'll allow a conscience vote.

I can't actually work out if this is yet another Machiavellian move by him to deflect GOP blowback, or whether this is actually him standing up to Trump's faction for the first time. I'm thinking the former but it's hard to say.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

You have been presented with people who actually work for CNN countering your American Stinker blog and you just double down and spin around in your own .

FFS, BW. Just admit when you make a mistake about posting right-wing nonsense and stop trying to get people hurt by posting your lies.

Or just keep posting boomer-level social media and never learn a goddamn lesson at all. But sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA" every time you post here only makes you look like a child who can't handle being told he's wrong.

Then again...a quick look back through this thread would reveal that is indeed the case anyway so...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post

From the New York Post
    So New York Post went liberal. I guess BW is going to like throwing that conspiracy at us.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

You didn't publish the header. I wonder why. AT is a small outfit that doesn't have the financial wherewithal to battle the tech titans in court. That's the reason they agreed to publish the big tech blame piece. It is just another example of big tech censorship. They also disabled comments.

The woman was doing work for CNN, as she has in the past. Just because the so-called "fact check" sites are in a full court press to distance her from fake news CNN doesn't make her any less affiliated with CNN. Who do you think she sold all her work to?

The next thing you'll find on Snopes is that the black guys wasn't actually with BLM and he never said "burn it down".

Snopes? Seriously? A far left site ran out of a trailer by an unemployed nitwit whose chief investigator is an ex-stripper.
    Fact check, clue's in the name. Hopefully a term we need not use anymore, once the liar in chief is defenistrated fro the White House.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post

From the New York Post
    Surely some BLM folk crept into the Capitol with the mob, if only one or two? It will take a long time to work out who went in and it'll be an Herculean (Athenian?) labour to determine their affiliations and motives, but BLM has some sort of coordination and given the far right false-flagged a BLM outrage (as if they needed to) it'd make sense to at least have an asset in the game to determine what was going down.

Likewise any foreign intel would have seen the chaos for the opportunity it was. Imagine the smile on a Russian field officers face with the mere prospect of mob storming the capitol. You'd be activating any redneck asset you had, sending them along with a fistful of bugs and blending in with the crowd: I mean some could be recruited by telling them "hey Steve Bannon needs you to help catch Hilary by...". Drop a few Senate branded memory sticks laden with bugs, you might get into some juicy archive, or the emails of someone on the Armed Forces committee (who knows what will get lost or missed in the massive clean up).

I mean its a pretty massive security breach Trump organised. A scumbag with a Confederate battle flag got in, stands to reason pretty much anyone could.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Surely some BLM folk crept into the Capitol with the mob, if only one or two? It will take a long time to work out who went in and it'll be an Herculean (Athenian?) labour to determine their affiliations and motives, but BLM has some sort of coordination and given the far right false-flagged a BLM outrage (as if they needed to) it'd make sense to at least have an asset in the game to determine what was going down.

Likewise any foreign intel would have seen the chaos for the opportunity it was. Imagine the smile on a Russian field officers face with the mere prospect of mob storming the capitol. You'd be activating any redneck asset you had, sending them along with a fistful of bugs and blending in with the crowd: I mean some could be recruited by telling them "hey Steve Bannon needs you to help catch Hilary by...". Drop a few Senate branded memory sticks laden with bugs, you might get into some juicy archive, or the emails of someone on the Armed Forces committee (who knows what will get lost or missed in the massive clean up).

I mean its a pretty massive security breach Trump organised. A scumbag with a Confederate battle flag got in, stands to reason pretty much anyone could.
    I personally don't mind any conjecture unless someone hints that the asault on the capitol was orchestrated by "the left" or BLM. In the list of those responsible for the events, only in the last place can a leftist provocateur / lunatic be mentioned