View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    THere's a non zero chance that Trump may be considering a coup:

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/20/m...law/index.html

The Russian agent, Michael Flynn even had several meetings with Trump to consider martial law-and when you have Republican senators like Tom Cotton advocating troops operating stateside, i fear for our american comrades.
    I'm much, MUCH more worried about what is going to happen when Trump cultists finally realize that, no matter how much they whine, scream, cry, and blubber, Trump is out in one month.

For nearly a year now (realistically more) you have had Trump and his ilk pushing his cult into more and more extreme ideas. They were convinced the election would be "stolen", and now that it has in their mind, they have come up with increasingly unlikely fantasies about how Trump can still win. And when that doesn't happen, when Trump is finally thrown out, will the cult accept it, or will they resort to violence?

History and their own words point to violence. Because that is who they are. And they want to kill their fellow Americans so badly, because of some perceived "injustice" that they can neither explain nor describe without resorting to buzzwords that they can't even define.

It's truly incredible. We have been in "fear" of radical Islamic terrorism for 2 decades now, while ignoring the true threat to our country growing from within. Radical rightwing fascists are far more dangerous than any outside force at this point.

A shame. Conservatives would rather destroy the country than see Biden take his oath of office. And it is pathetic that they all fell in line behind a guy that not only hates them, but is the most incompetent authoritarian to hold office in a generation.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'm much, MUCH more worried about what is going to happen when Trump cultists finally realize that, no matter how much they whine, scream, cry, and blubber, Trump is out in one month.

For nearly a year now (realistically more) you have had Trump and his ilk pushing his cult into more and more extreme ideas. They were convinced the election would be "stolen", and now that it has in their mind, they have come up with increasingly unlikely fantasies about how Trump can still win. And when that doesn't happen, when Trump is finally thrown out, will the cult accept it, or will they resort to violence?

History and their own words point to violence. Because that is who they are. And they want to kill their fellow Americans so badly, because of some perceived "injustice" that they can neither explain nor describe without resorting to buzzwords that they can't even define.

It's truly incredible. We have been in "fear" of radical Islamic terrorism for 2 decades now, while ignoring the true threat to our country growing from within. Radical rightwing fascists are far more dangerous than any outside force at this point.

A shame. Conservatives would rather destroy the country than see Biden take his oath of office. And it is pathetic that they all fell in line behind a guy that not only hates them, but is the most incompetent authoritarian to hold office in a generation.
    Quite hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Quite hysterical.
    Especially after the year we’ve had here in the US. The irony here is palpable.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

Oh look, a drive by one-liner from Cope.

How rare.

It's not exactly hard to determine how far they are willing to go given what those nutjobs are saying online and their actions in public. And if I am wrong, I am wrong.

I want to be wrong, and I want you to be right.

But the consequences of me being right are far more severe than you being right.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Quite hysterical.
    That.

The "Not my president crowd" was not better than the Retardicans and they didn't pull a coup.
    Trump will return in 3 1/2 years as the Republican candidate unless he's in prison which I find very unlikely as he's
    - a billionaire
    - an former president
    - the leader of a huge cult
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Blog Entries

As if the world decided to provide me an example, we have far right agitators trying to get into the Oregon State Capitol building today, many armed and looking quite indistinguishable from Islamic terrorists as far as I care.

And they are mad about virtually nothing at all.

Are people really going to sit here and say that you don't expect armed Trump cultists to try to start next month in DC? Just last week you had Alex Jones claiming Biden will not be president "one way or another" to cheering crowds.

Again, I hope I am wrong. Most of those idiots are LARPers at best, people who either were too stupid or too cowardly to actually join the military or police. But all it takes is one, and conservatives have provided us a lot more than one over the last four years.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Oh, you lied, and it was a really bad lie too. Just like Trump lied about his inauguration day, you used a very amateurish lie. Instead of acknowledging it you tried to shift the spotlight in hopes that I wouldn't pursue it. So, the question remains. Why would you lie about something so basic?
    If you think I'm worried about you pursuing something I said, then you should consult a physiatrist. I don't really care if you think I lied. Why would I?

If you had actually watched the video you posted you would know the truth of what I said. The congressmen were adjourning to another committee to issue subpoenas. Go back and watch the whole 3 hours. Your calling people liars makes you not credible.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    If you think I'm worried about you pursuing something I said, then you should consult a physiatrist. I don't really care if you think I lied. Why would I?
    If you had actually watched the video you posted you would know the truth of what I said. The congressmen were adjourning to another committee to issue subpoenas. Go back and watch the whole 3 hours. Your calling people liars makes you not credible.
    The truth of what you said is that you lied, and you do care that I called you out on it at least enough to keep responding. What makes me credible is my ability to show you make a claim (that Dominion Voting System refused to show up to show up for a committee despite getting a subpoena), and then demonstrate it to be a lie (by showing the exact footage of the 3 hour long testimony the company in question gave in that committee). The fact that you haven't been unable to come up with anything of substance to defend yourself despite spending three posts on it is the icing on the cake. Real credibility is depleted when someone fails to acknowledge such a basic failure. The only question remains is why you would lie about something so basic?

Make no mistake this is the kind of degenerative thought process that Trump help build. At the end of that testimony I linked you have Michigan Republican Senator, chair of the committee, Ed McBroom thank the Dominion Voting Systems representatives for their time.

Mark 3 hours 2 minutes Republican senator Ed McBroom concludes the meeting:
    Any other members have any additional follow-ups at this time? Well, Mr. Polis, again, we wanna thank you for making yourself available to us, and I hope that you will avail yourself if we ask you to come back. I would certainly try to assure you it would be a shorter time period if we did have to have you come back and do some additional follow-up, and I would likely want to, you know, kind of gather the questions we might have, such as senator Theis mentioned, get them written down, send them to you, and then ask you to come in and do a brief follow-up with us to answer any questions that we either don't really have fully developed in our minds right now or might come to us here in the next day or two. I hope that would be acceptable to you.
    That's after 3 hours of answering questions... You lied, and you did it even after video footage of what you claimed didn't happen was posted. Your conduct, mirroring that of Trump, is disgusting to witness. The low level of standards you're utilizing here is frustrating to see. Sigh...
    The Armenian Issue

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

As if the world decided to provide me an example, we have far right agitators trying to get into the Oregon State Capitol building today, many armed and looking quite indistinguishable from Islamic terrorists as far as I care.

And they are mad about virtually nothing at all.

Are people really going to sit here and say that you don't expect armed Trump cultists to try to start next month in DC? Just last week you had Alex Jones claiming Biden will not be president "one way or another" to cheering crowds.

Again, I hope I am wrong. Most of those idiots are LARPers at best, people who either were too stupid or too cowardly to actually join the military or police. But all it takes is one, and conservatives have provided us a lot more than one over the last four years.

Well, we also have the head of the GOP in Arizona calling Trump to "Cross the Rubicon". https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/sta...678784/photo/1
    It's about time to have a new Empire.

R3TW: The 21st century version.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Senator

@alhoon: trump has never been and will never be a billionaire. Stop believing those lies.

He even isn't a good Businessman.
    If i habe 1.000.000 assets financed by 1.000.000 in my balancesheet, am I now a millionaire?

Ah yes, the irony, the irony.

Dated, November 9th.

No difference between these protests,

Last Friday, Reccord rallied his friends on Facebook, calling on them to meet outside Chicago’s Trump Tower. He did the same on Monday.

“The end goal is to get Donald Trump out of office. To make sure he officially doesn’t become the president of the United States of America,” Reccord said. “We do not need a president who promotes racism, who inappropriately touches women. And trying to send 3 million illegal immigrants back home, I also consider racist.”
    and these,

The demonstrators were also identifiable by their lack of face-masks as many participants rejected measures to contain the spread of coronavirus.

In that regard alone, this pro-Trump rally was seen by its critics as reckless and irresponsible. It took place with the United States grappling with some of its worst Covid-19 infection rates since the pandemic began, with more than 180,000 new cases and 1,400 deaths recorded in the country over the past 24 hours.

None of that appeared to matter much to the participants who excitedly greeted President Trump's motorcade as it made an impromptu pass around the plaza. They are desperate to see this election result overturned and fully back his unsubstantiated claims of election fraud and his refusal to concede.
    "Both Parties."

It's always both sides not just Republicans guys.

Both sides.

Both Sides: A dangerous disease induced by large Copium consumption.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    @alhoon: trump has never been and will never be a billionaire. Stop believing those lies.

He even isn't a good Businessman.
    If i habe 1.000.000 assets financed by 1.000.000 in my balancesheet, am I now a millionaire?
    The definition of a millionaire is literally a person who has a million dollars/euro/pounds/whatever. Doesn't matter if I loaned it to you, you won it at lotto, or found it on the beach. What matters is how much is being a millionaire worth it. 15 years ago every man, woman and child in Romania was a millionaire. Zimbabwe has the most billionaires in the world.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; December 21, 2020 at 04:11 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Did they seal the entrances and set it on fire? Throw rocks, bricks, molotov cocktails or such at the police? Smash the building up? Shine lasers into cops eyes?

I’m shocked, shocked that the left would suggest peacefully gathering in large crowds is more heinous than riots and looting after the sanctimonious sermons on that topic all year, with or without masks. And yeah, police lives are equal to the lives of anyone of a particular racial background.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    I’m shocked, shocked that the left would suggest peacefully gathering in large crowds is more heinous than riots and looting after the sanctimonious sermons on that topic all year, with or without masks.
    Please stop suggesting collecting reparations is some sort of criminal activity like looting...
    ===
    I heard it reported that someone did break a window, and someone else sprayed bear spray at the police. Both were arrested. They should be charged if the reporting is accurate. Also that the protest was over the continued lockdown (9 months into a 2 week lockdown), and politicians who don't follow the rules they set for the peons, rather than elections.
    Last edited by Infidel144; December 21, 2020 at 06:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh right I forgot. In order to peaceably assemble, you have to bring a gun, wave cult flags, and start yelling in the faces of the state police. Yeah, that would have gone super well if the protesters over the summer had done that in states like KY, LA, TX, OH, etc.

Everyone here knows that if it had been a bunch of minorities storming a Republican-held statehouse the police would not have hesitated to treat them as hostile instead of...you know...let them pass.

I know you guys are smarter than this but if you guys want to pretend otherwise that is fine with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In any case, I have to issue an apology to BW. They found "dead people voting" in Pennsylvania, one of the hotly contested states.

I mean, it was Republican voting for two deceased relatives for Trump, but hey, BW, you were right.

Oh right I forgot. In order to peaceably assemble, you have to bring a gun, wave cult flags, and start yelling in the faces of the state police. Yeah, that would have gone super well if the protesters over the summer had done that in states like KY, LA, TX, OH, etc.
    I will take that as no, nothing like what antifa and blm has been doing in Portland for the past 7 months now. But I will take into consideration how vociferously you have been in condemning all the rioting and such going on since the end of May...
    KY? NFAC showed up with guns for a protest in Louisville. Don't seem to recall the cops killing them (though that could be the one where where there was some gunfire with an NFAC dude shooting another NFAC dude or two (by accident)).

Last I checked Oregon is an open carry State.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...225210492.html

So Trump was right. There was voter fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Considering the difference in media coverage (or perhaps lack of coverage seeing as how you didn’t know?) seems to have gone pretty well for them, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Considering the difference in media coverage (or perhaps lack of coverage seeing as how you didn’t know?) seems to have gone pretty well for them, yeah.
    I had been reliably informed that if black people showed up armed to protests they would have been shot on sight. So those are photoshopped...